Author Topic: 2 Children Stabbed 46 times by Father Guy Turcotte | Sent to hospital not jail  (Read 18283 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
I think these last few days prove there is no respect for children. They can be brutally murdered by a parent and the parent doesn't pay. What a message to send:  Get a prescription from a doctor, stab your children, claim insanity, see you out there in the public soon--in 45 days! What a plan. When are people going to be accountable for their actions? After all, wouldn't you have to be a sick ___ to stab your own children nearly 50 times. So what. Get treatment, and still do the equivalent amount of time planting flowers behind closed doors. If the crimes are that insane, punishment is warranted, treatment is a bonus. Kids mean something!

If i got this right, he gets off because he wanted to teach his wife a lesson so bad he killed his own kids. Since when is depression an excuse to murder and revenge towards others. I understand suicide, but others? Really? Helpless dependents? Really? I think instead of this so called father teaching his wife a lesson, the system taught many many others how to do such things and get off.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Opinion+Turcotte+jury+wrong/5055146/story.html

There were no celebrations in the courtroom after an 11-person jury found cardiologist Guy Turcotte not criminally responsible for stabbing his children to death. There were no winners in this case: No verdict could bring back Olivier, 5, and Anne-Sophie, 3. The decision means Turcotte could be freed in 45 days - though that's not likely. For now he remains behind bars until a psychiatric panel determines whether he should be sent to the Philippe Pinel Institute. The children's mother says she's emotionally spent and won't push for an appeal. Pages A6, A7
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Finding+strength/5055790/story.html

stephanie

• View Profile
This guy is a noted cardiologist, at a hospital. He must have worked alongside, or socialized or even briefly associated with doctors and nurses trained to psychiatric conditions. My question is if he was so psychiatrically ill why wasn't it spotted before?

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
I dont believe for one second his depression did this. I have battled with depression off and on for a few years. Never ever has the thought of harming someone else ever come into my head. I did not entertain thoughts of suicide either for that matter but can see how the depression messes with your head that suicide may seem like a good option. Depression tells you that you arent good enough, that no one like you, that you are worthless, no one cares, no one would miss you if you were gone - they wouldnt even notice...
I really hate it when people claim a mental illness made them do something. Certainly this man is NOT right in the head, but as stated above - I believe he was just so hellbent on revenge and hatred for the ex wife that he justified killing his own children.
45 days? That sickens me!

Concerned

• View Profile
This guy is a noted cardiologist, at a hospital. He must have worked alongside, or socialized or even briefly associated with doctors and nurses trained to psychiatric conditions. My question is if he was so psychiatrically ill why wasn't it spotted before?

You are bringing up a good point, stephanie, he is a cardiologist. Perhaps with his "condition" those in the medical field are reviewing whether he can practice his trade  for the remainder of his days?

jobo

• View Profile
Update:  http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Cardiologist+Turcotte+killed+children+wants+work+have+family/5657985/story.html.

All I can say here, is that his sister is a stand-up woman, too bad the rest of his family isn't.

leonagleant

• View Profile
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2011/11/04/guy-turcotte.html?cmp=rss

This man should never work again as a doctor and he should certainly never have children again. Shouldn't there be a law against having children if you have already been found guilty of murdering your children? Furthermore if he was found criminally and murderously insane, how could he possibly be granted his medical license to practice again? I hope he's delusional and that this won't really happen. There's a difference between mild mental illness or mental illness where you are only a danger to yourself, and mental illness that has proven fatal. If this is how he treats his kids, I'd hate to see how he treats his enemies the next time he just "snaps." And he's planning to change provinces if he gets out, so which one of you wants him living in your province? I certainly don't.

jobo

• View Profile
No, I don't want him here in Ontario (that's probably where he'll head)..we already have enough questionable doctors... Let's hope they do not ever let him out...they can't seem to even put a label on his mental problems..  He is delusional and hasn't even accepted what he has done to his little ones.
 Oh, sure just start "all over again"....what?   And kill some more unsuspecting kids when your marriage goes astray?
Did you read that he gets all kinds of mail from females?  They must be nuts too.

leonagleant

• View Profile
No, I can't imagine why all kinds of women would be writing to this man. Other than that some women subconsciously want to ruin their lives due to a deep victim mentality. But then I can't imagine why the mother of Ted Bundy's child would get pregnant with him after he was convicted and imprisoned for his horrible crimes. Somewhere Ted Bundy's daughter is living under anonymous identity. I wonder what she thinks of her father? And I would hate to think of what kind of fear and loathing and confusion the future children if Guy Turcotte would live in. I guess there's always a trusting or naive person out there willing to give a murderer a second chance though isn't there? Fortunately Shannon Moroney has remarried or she just might be compassionate enough to date this man next.

solvy

• View Profile

jobo

• View Profile
Leave this killer of children in psychiatric detention.....actually life in Kingston is more like it.   He is a murderer, I do not care if his marriage ended, many marriages end, and the dads do not kill their babies.   
This guy is also a con artist, in my opinion.

leonagleant

• View Profile
Narcissistic, possibly bi-polar, perfectly "sane" except that he's a dangerous mad-man killer. Enough damage has been done and he certainly doesn't need his career where he can put others at risk, nor does he need further children to harm. The women apparently are already lining up to have relationships with him, sickies that they are.

rebelgirl

• Reaching Everyone By Exposing Lies
    • View Profile
CTVNews.ca Staff

Date: Thu. Mar. 15 2012 6:34 PM ET

A former cardiologist who killed his two children in 2009 shows no signs of mental illness and is an "ideal" candidate for release, a psychiatrist testified at a hearing Thursday.

Dr. Louis Morrissette told a mental health review panel at Montreal's Pinel Institute that Guy Turcotte, 39, no longer poses a danger to himself or the public.

A jury found Turcotte not criminally responsible for killing his children - Anne-Sophie, 3, and Olivier, 5 - in 2009 because he was too distraught over the breakup of his marriage and didn't remember committing the act.

He admitted he killed his children, but denied intent.

The five-member panel will eventually decide whether Turcotte should be freed, released with conditions, or remain detained in the psychiatric institution with a yearly review of his file.

Morrissette has interviewed Turcotte extensively over the last few years to evaluate both his mental state and whether he's a danger to himself or others, CTV Montreal's Derek Conlon said Thursday.

"Dr. Morrissette said not only is Guy Turcotte an ideal candidate but he's no longer the person he was in 2009 when he killed his children," Conlon said from outside the institution.

Turcotte's ex-wife, Isabelle Gaston, told CTV Montreal she couldn't believe the testimony she heard at the hearing Thursday morning.

"She said she respects Dr. Louis Morrissette, however, she says he can be wrong and she feels that if her ex-husband were to be released, she would be at risk and others would be as well," Conlon said.

The hearing continues Thursday and is expected to wrap up Friday.

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120315/guy-turcotte-psychiatrist-120314/#ixzz1pF7pSTnM

Concerned

• View Profile
His own children stabbed 46 times. Why would the medical profession rush to prove he is a different person now. Does that matter? I thought justice was based on paying for injustice, not banking on the future prospects. Got to admit even those don't look good. Why....why do people get off from their actions because they "look" pretty, have what was considered "normal" lives, and held "esteemed" positions of "privilege".  Because as I read it, the pretty looking, normally looking life, well positioned man with privilege STABBED HIS OWN KIDS 46 TIMES! What does it matter what it looked like? Should have been? Could be?  Two children don't have a chance at having or making a beautiful life... they were murdered with rage supposedly by someone that should have loved and protected them. What justifies that? And why would anyone try to justify that?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:41:54 AM by Concerned »

jobo

• View Profile
I really do not agree with how this case is panning out, Concerned. 

Turcotte is/was a Doctor.  He took an oath "To Do NO Harm"...and he did the worst thing possible, he murdered his 2 babies.  I cannot understand his actions one bit.
I would think if one were so devastated and depressed over a failed marriage, one's first thought, if one was so inclined, would be to kill yourself to get rid of the pain.  Why kill innocents?  How does that make anything okay?

"shows no signs of mental illness, and is an Ideal candidate for release" a physciatrist testified.....Okay, release him and put him in JAIL (Kingston Pen) with all the other guys that have murdered.   He is not mentally ill (according to the "experts") then he is just an evil man, who stabs children.

I feel for his ex-wife.  Not only are her children gone, but now she has to sit and listen to the baloney the court system is serving her.  I do not blame her for being fearful, how can Turcotte ever be trusted not to "lose it" if he becomes "distraught" again?

george_p

• View Profile
send this animal to  jail for rest of his life