Author Topic: David Brown Missing in Utah since June 29, 2011  (Read 19339 times)

superbee

• View Profile
Re: David Brown Missing in Utah since June 29, 2011
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2011, 01:22:22 AM »
RIP.  My condolences too.

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 07:40:19 AM »
RIP David.  For a while I thought he would  never be found.   :(

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
RIP David. Know you were well loved by family, friends and your fellow skydivers.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-skydiver-s-death-ruled-probable-suicide-1.1032670

Halifax skydiver's death ruled probable suicide
The Canadian Press Posted: Dec 06, 2011 10:56 PM AT Last Updated: Dec 06, 2011 10:54 PM AT

Dave Brown's death has been ruled a probable suicide. (Submitted)

The death of a champion Canadian skydiver whose body was found beneath a cliff in eastern Utah has been ruled a probable suicide.

Dave Brown, who grew up in Halifax, vanished on June 29, shortly after leaving his trailer in Moab, Utah.

His remains were found by a hiker four months later on the outskirts of the town in terrain so rough a police detective had to scramble on hands and feet to reach the body.

Moab police chief Mike Navarre said Tuesday that medical examiners believe the 37-year-old killed himself.

Navarre noted that he was reluctant to accept the finding of probable suicide without a note or hard proof. But he said Brown was going through a divorce, had financial problems and after dissolving his own skydiving business moved cross-country to live in a trailer on property of the owner of Skydive Moab.

Brown's shattered remains showed no sign of foul play, he said.

"There's no bullet, no knife scrape. He went off a ledge," Navarre said.

"Whether he jumped or fell off the edge, I don't know."