Author Topic: David Brown Missing in Utah since June 29, 2011  (Read 18529 times)

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
Re: David Brown Missing in Utah since June 29, 2011
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 08:52:02 AM »
I found an interesting link to time-line of his last movements, not sure who the poster is but it seems to be an interview with MacBeth.
(Not sure who Keith is that is mentioned in the story)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/page.cgi?page=detailed_print;link=756
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also found an interview by Clint MacBeth on youtube regarding the Skydive Moab he owns.
(I assumed he was older but is only 33 but looks even younger.)

Both David and Clint are from eastern Canada, NS and NB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVP5FSKJgg

Note: When David went missing he left his computer on...(that raised alarm bells with me). His bag of personal effects were left in Keith's van.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:20:49 AM by Trouble445 »

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 09:28:37 AM »
Another interview with Dave's sister, Clint and police chief. Video there as well. I was a little disturbed by MacBeth's comments approx 1:50 on the video (but there are some people who handle grief in different ways but I still find everyone else somber but he appears giddy/nervous?) Clint:
"  .....and I can cry no problem.. I have no problem"
weird comment?

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-missing-skydiver-paragliders-join-search-for-missing-moab-man-20110709,0,6164336.story
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:00:53 AM by Trouble445 »

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »
gawd if I had a dollar each time I heard that people grieve in different ways.   ;)

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »
I found an interesting link to time-line of his last movements, not sure who the poster is but it seems to be an interview with MacBeth.
(Not sure who Keith is that is mentioned in the story)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/page.cgi?page=detailed_print;link=756
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also found an interview by Clint MacBeth on youtube regarding the Skydive Moab he owns.
(I assumed he was older but is only 33 but looks even younger.)

Both David and Clint are from eastern Canada, NS and NB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVP5FSKJgg

Note: When David went missing he left his computer on...(that raised alarm bells with me). His bag of personal effects were left in Keith's van.
BBM ~ I agree, especially when you are living with a roomie..  heck I dont even leave it on when my mom comes to visit.  LOL

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »
BellasMom,
yeah, I hear ya but I don't want to accuse anyone.
I just found his comments weird..what did you think of his demeanor and comments?
Did you watch that video on FOX link and did you find the comments he made strange?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:51:32 PM by Trouble445 »

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 03:01:14 PM »
BellasMom,
yeah, I hear ya but I don't want to accuse anyone.
I just found his comments weird..what did you think of his demeanor and comments?
Did you watch that video on FOX link and did you find the comments he made strange?

He didnt seem too concerned.  He was a bit nervous and almost down played his disappearence.  I didnt realize they've known each other for years...  I have become so jaded over the years I hope I am proven wrong.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:08:45 PM by BellasMom »

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
They were friends for YEARS and YEARS

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 03:10:04 PM »
They were friends for YEARS and YEARS

I watched the fox link after my post, sorry.  I didnt realize they were old friends.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »
Dave arrived with so few possessions. One would think that he would have at least owned his own travel trailer, etc, etc. I mean the man was in his 30's? - even if Dave was not a materialistic type, one would think that he would have a few more possessions than what he arrived with - so, I feel that financially, he may have been close to broke.   I am beginning to think there was an argument about money, and Dave lost!! (saw the video) and that is my conclusion.
Yes, the nervous giggles of his friend was sooooo strange.

I wish I could muster up a more positive attitude as to the outcome.

I am modifying this to bring up another scenario (possibility).  David was by accounts very outgoing and well respected within the circle of passionate skydivers.  I get the impression that Clint depended upon Dave to assist him with his business, and since Dave was so well known and respected, his teaching skills would bring in a lot of business for Clint.
Dave was recently divorced, and he had a girlfriend - According to Clint and another room mate, Dave was depressed because his girlfriend left for Vegas, and she  had to spend the night there. Perhaps at age 37, he felt pressure in his life, had been depressed for some time, and for some reason on that particular day, and in a split second,   said "that's it, I am finished with it" (life) , left everything and walked off into the desert. I am hoping that the police have checked his cell phone to determine the last call that he either placed or  received before he walked out.

My heart goes out to his family.   The stress and shock on his sister's face,( News video from Mooab) will remain with me.
PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:20:05 PM by jellybean »

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »
Just checkin in for any updates...  I couldnt find anything new. 

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »
Bella they are still searching but no luck yet. Does not sound good I`m afraid.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »
Not good at all. The more that I think about it, the stronger I feel that  he walked off on his own with a decision to "leave this world" I don't think foul play was involved at all.

Firstly, if it is a homicide, the perp(s) would turn off his computer, and get rid of his wallet etc, to make it look like he left for parts unknown. Wouldn't you think??  This was not the case.
We have had cases on here where we think a possible homicide was committed, and it turns out to be a deliberate act of taking one's own life. Perhaps this is one of them??

JB :(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:25:44 PM by jellybean »

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 07:18:41 PM »
Not good at all. The more that I think about it, the stronger I feel that  he walked off on his own with a decision to "leave this world" I don't think foul play was involved at all.

Firstly, if it is a homicide, the perp(s) would turn off his computer, and get rid of his wallet etc, to make it look like he left for parts unknown. Wouldn't you think??  This was not the case.
We have had cases on here where we think a possible homicide was committed, and it turns out to be a deliberate act of taking one's own life. Perhaps this is one of them??

JB :(

So true JB.  We always hear from their families that they were in great spirits and happy etc etc only to find out after the fact that they were indeed depressed and struggling with life challenges.  Maybe his family didnt truly know what his state of mind was... I wish we would hear from his gf... she has been pretty quiet..  I dont recall reading anything from her in  our links, anyone else?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 05:37:20 PM »
Bellasmom; Haven't read anything more about this missing man, including his girlfriend's response to his missing! I think, god forbid and wtih hopes I am wrong, that she may have been a "fly by nighter", and Dave realized it. Otherwise why would he be so upset about her going to Vegas?  I get the feeling that he couldn't trust her.

These are   JUST MY RECENT THOUGHTS, and may not be right!!

peace
jb
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 07:40:06 PM by jellybean »

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »
Still nothing new...   :(  I wonder if its because he is Canadian.. what is Canada doing about his disappearance?  Have they just stopped searching?