Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Madison SCOTT- 20 - Missing - May 27, 2011 - Vanderhoof - BC  (Read 67392 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Madison SCOTT- 20 - Missing - May 27, 2011 - Vanderhoof - BC
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »

I'm not sure about old mine shafts superbee, however this was apparently an old forestry camp, so hard to say what is around the area.

superbee

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2011, 06:52:01 PM »
Thanks, Debbie, I bet there are lots of depressions and danger spots, especially in the darkness.  As old buried garbage rots, it and the soil above it sinks, add bushes and darkness, and possible disaster to anything walking over it.  Old privy holes too.  A reason why folks on farms plant trees over such places.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »
I truly believe Madison was abducted. It would not take someone too long to know she was not with a boyfriend. And if she pitched her tent herself, she would be seen as being alone. And also, someone could have helped her pitch her tent and knew she was going to be sleeping alone. I firmly believe she was abducted, because there has been such a search and not anything was found that belonged to her. And if this was an inbound call that was made, it would have to be someone who knew her cell. But she may not have had it in her possession at the time, the perp could have had her phone. It is very strange that nothing was found that belonged to her. And maybe a girl resembling Madison should be used by the police for a photo of how she looked when she disappeared, right down to her clothing. Then if someone found any clothing anywhere they would recognize it. I really do not think that a 20 year old is going to wander off into the night at the camp ground by herself, it does not add up. I think someone took her somewhere else. How far was it to civilization from that camp site??? Possibly she was asked to another party at a house or something and fell for that and got herself into big trouble by trusting someone. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I'm still thinking and going with my dream that I had about Madison and that is why I feel she was abducted right from her tent. :o :o :o :o :o

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2011, 03:11:17 AM »
On satelite photos of Hogsback Lake, it is easy to see how someone could get lost in the dark if she were drunk or on drugs.  She would be a needle in a haystack to find.  I would hate to think we're not safe to go camping anymore because there are psychos there waiting for us to let down our guard. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2011, 09:31:50 AM »
I don't think there are psychos everywhere, but it is very dangerous for a young woman to go camping alone. And this was not a government park, it was not a regulated site and had no park wardens. Not wise to camp alone at all. But if her friend intended to stay with her, she must be feeiing pretty bad now. Even around our campgrounds, I don't believe there are any young women that go camping alone here. :o :o :o :o :o

superbee

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
I am wondering about the party campsite, are there any outhouses there?  I can't imagine all these people going there, even for 2 parties on one weekend, and all doing their business in the bushes. Can you imagine the smell?  And so close to a lake, I don't think it would be allowed, someone said there is a boat launch, surely there must be at least one outhouse there?

If Madison was wandering around and not all her wits about her, and fell over a bank or cliff, and died, I think there would be carrion birds circling, there are big ravens in BC for one thing, and they circle over anything that is dead.  And if Madison fell over a bank into the water, surely her body would have been found by now? Like Capeheart, I suspect Madison was taken away from the campsite, either voluntarily or against her will.   

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2011, 08:09:44 AM »
I guess because she did not have her purse on her, so these two items would be close to her heart. I mean when I go out, my keys are right in my pocket. When I get up in the morning, my keys go right in my pocket. I don't have a car now, but my house key is always with me. I don't want to get locked out and have done it before. I have one stashed now. But the cell phone would also tell the call that came in at 7:00. But someone calling that number at 7:00, have they identified themselves??? And maybe they have and we don't know it. Maybe Madison's friend called her because she was concerned about her. But it does not look like the person has come forward that made that call. Can't the telephone company tell where that call came from, it must be able to be identified. I really do not think that Madison got lost, no way.  And related to facilities for bathroom issues, I had noted that a post back that if it is not a regulated site, there may not be any washroom facilities. This sounds like a rough site, just a place picked that has a large cleared space that the young people took over.  It would be great if someone could put a picture of that site on here and we could see what it looks like. Anyone out there have a picture of this camp area???? Just wondering.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »
Jellybean, thanks for that information about the campsite, it gives a better idea of the place. Well there must have been outdoor bathroom facilities there, if it was classed as a camp site. But I take it there were no wardens, because it was a free site. There must have been some facilities there for sure. Well that clears that up a bit. Keep us posted of any new updates on Madison. Thinking about her family and friends, over three months now and it seems like yesterday that she went missing and still no answers.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2011, 04:53:07 PM »
They should really put a big drive on to find Madison, reinterview people and keep hammering at this to find her. We don't want Madison's case to go cold, we want to keep it active and in the limelight. Find what happened to Madison on that night. This has to be very painful for her family. Three months and nothing further on what has happened to her. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2011, 03:44:17 PM »
Vanderhoof Omineca Express - News
Search for local woman continues
Published: August 03, 2011 8:00 AM
Updated: August 03, 2011 8:56 AM

It’s been over two months since the disappearance of local woman Madison Scott and still family and friends continue to conduct an extensive search for the 20-year-old.

Scott left Vanderhoof on Friday May 27 with the intention of camping overnight at Hogsback Lake, 25 kilometres south of Vanderhoof.

She was last seen by friends at the lake at 3 a.m. on May 28.

Her family called the Vanderhoof RCMP detachment on Sunday May 29 at 2 p.m. when she failed to return home.  Police who attended the area located her tent and her truck, but extensive search efforts to locate her have been unsuccessful so far.

According to search updates on the website madisonscott.ca, more than 30 people turned up at Hogsback Lake on July 23 and searched a number of areas. On July 24 a number of areas in Hogsback Lake were checked again with an underwater camera. Madison’s family also camped out at the lake for the weekend and a helicopter was called in to do another air search. The family are also receiving suggestions from psychics about Madison’s whereabouts.

Although no longer working from Vanderhoof, major crime investigators from around the province continue to work on the case.

“We’ve got local resources working on it, we’ve got regional people working on it, we’ve actually got provincial people working on it, so while a lot of the work is no longer needed to be done physically locally, there’s still a lot of tasks that have to be followed up on, that they are following up on,” said Sergeant Rob Vermeulen, RCMP spokesperson with E Division.

“We have no new leads, but there’s still a lot of tasks that have to be completed, so it’s still a very active investigation,” he said

He added that RCMP continue to work closely with the family.

If anyone has any ideas of areas to search, or avenues to investigate, they are asked to call Eldon or Dawn Scott at 250-567-4159.

Madison Scott is described as a 20-year-old Caucasian, five feet, four inches tall, 170 lbs with ginger hair. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt and blue jean Capri pants.

The RCMP are requesting the publics assistance in finding Scott. Anyone who may have seen Madison or may know of her whereabouts should contact the Vanderhoof RCMP detachment immediately at (250) 567-2222. If you wish to report something anonymously you can also call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_north/ominecaexpress/news/126699263.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »
debbiec, thanks for the recent update on Madison's case. It is so very troubling that not a sign of her has been found. And as I've stated already, I do believe Madison was taken from the camp. I am glad the family has decided to get help from a psychic. You do everything you can to find your loved one and I do hope that answers will come forth on finding this young lady. God bless all the searchers and family and friends who are looking for Madison. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2011, 07:32:24 PM »
I truly hope they go back and research all of the area near where she was camping.  It is my belief they will find her near there between two big tree.  Praying the family soon get some answers

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »
B.C. woman's disappearance 'remains a mystery'

CBC News Posted: Aug 26, 2011 6:34 AM PT Last Updated: Aug 26, 2011 6:34 AM PT

RCMP Major crime investigators continue to search for a young Vanderhoof, B.C., woman now missing for almost three months.

Madison Scott was last seen at a party at Hogsback Lake, a forest recreation site near the town — about 60 kilometres west of prince George — in the early morning hours of May 28.

Scott, 20, disappeared with her iPhone and the keys to her pickup truck, leaving her tent and the vehicle behind.

Police admit they're baffled by the case.

"Despite an extensive ground, air, water search and interviews, this case remains a mystery," said RCMP Cpl. Annie Linteau. "We're doing everything we can to locate Madison."

In July, Scott's family posted a $15,000 reward and her mother taped a video plea

"We love our daughter. We need her back home. We need to find her. Please help us," Dawn Scott said in the video.

Family, friends, and local volunteers continue to scour the region's lakes, trails, and forests.

Madison Scott's pick-up truck was found at the campsite next to her tent. RCMP Posters featuring a photograph of Scott have been put up throughout Alberta and B.C.

She is described as five feet four inches tall, weighing about 170 pounds with ginger-coloured hair.

Police say at this point, there's nothing to link Scott's disappearance to 18 other cases of missing and slain women along the so-called "Highway of Tears" in northern B.C.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/08/25/bc-madison-scott-missing.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2011, 06:21:13 PM »
So sorry to hear the latest news on Madison. I firmly believe that Madison was abducted and that is why she was not found. I do believe there are people who were there that are holding information back and are not coming forward. All persons should be questioned again. It feels like yesterday to me that I read this case on here and I cannot believe no word has come forth related to Madison's whereabouts. God bless those who are hanging in there looking for Madison. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

superbee

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2011, 12:43:54 AM »
I believe Madison was abducted too, Capeheart.  Otherwise I am sure she would have contacted her family and/or friends long ago.  Or with all the campers at that lake in the past 3 months someone would have found a clue or her body.  Her disappearance has never made sense to me.  Many of us have pointed out things that ring alarm bells with us.  I just cannot understand her friend leaving Madison at that party unless she thought Madison was safe with him/them.  So just who were these people at that party?  How could all the party-goers leave for home the next day, with Madison's tent empty and her truck still there?  Didn't at least one person have the decency to think maybe they should check around and see if she was in trouble? All that day not one person bothered checking in Madison's tent to see if she was okay?  That makes no sense to me unless they are a bunch of party animals who don't give a damn. All we hear is silence.  Her poor parents, my heart just aches for them.  I have seen nothing on Madison's disappearance on Global and CTV BC for a long time. I did see her poster in an A&W a few days ago. I believe like you do, Capeheart, that at least one person knows alot more about what really happened to Madison than they have revealed.  How anyone can keep back information and torture the Scott family is beyond me.  I hope everyone who knows any information about Madison will come forward now and tell the whole truth of what really happened that night at that party.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here