Author Topic: Leah/Lora Sousa | Sept. 1, 1990 | Age 13/36 | Murdered | Cumberland Beach  (Read 67863 times)

D1

• View Profile
I don't think McGray is ever going to be getting out after killing his cell mate. If so that may be part of the problem, saves them 50,000.00 plus not to invest any more time on the guy for any other crimes.

I believe they have already admitted that they believe McGray committed a whole lot more murders than he has been charged with. It is often in the detail where the Police are forced to investigate further even if they don't want to. Did McGray say anything that only the killer would know about this murder? If so, dna would have to be compared which is supposed to have been done automatically already due his status. Could the Police already know the answer and just be sitting on it? 

Im_new_here2

NO in my mind no and if thats even a piece of truth we had all better be writing to harper and anyone else in ottowa because for one it was just like over a year ago they thought they had this case solved only to have it turn out to be a hoax and that raised some serious crap they never said who the person was but i know he served time for the hoax .Also as i said in a earlier post sue sgambaty when she did her last show i think it was about 3 years ago they had just put a whole new team on this case alone a new set of eyes so to speak that is costing alot of money so if thier still spending to solve it i dought they are letting it sit knowing the actuall perp. I don't dought what he has told chris but clearly this guy is a career criminal we need some proof even circumstantial is worth a look but taken on his word no not for me atleast .Simple has anyone even seen if this guy was out of jail and where he lived when this occured . This is a haunting sick disgusting case of the rape and murder brutal bludgoning murder committed outside if cops are sitting on that then something serious needs to take place with the POLICE FORCE that is is controle of this case ....anyone that can and has info into the criminal data base will you please do a background on this guy and see first if its even physically possible .that is a good place to start.

Chrisdiane

• View Profile
Re: Leah/Lora Sousa | Sept. 1, 1990 | Age 13/36 | Murdered | Cumberland Beach
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2013, 05:55:48 AM »
Hi everyone and thankyou for all the support and just taking the time to hear me. I have had alot of time to think and to put in perspective my time in prison with serial killer Mike Wayne Mcgray. I have read that sick people like him have used people like myself to try and take credit for crimes they have not commited. I dont believe this to be the case here. The details this guy had given me have been very similar to everything I have managed to dig up by reading anything I could find on this. He explained to me in great detail how he was staying in a boarding house in the area and had attempted to score some cocaine through a prostitute and she ripped him off for a hundred dollars so he assaulted her (i believe he said broke her jaw ) so to avoid police he ran and stole a car and began to drive around aimlessly and said he noticed the house. He said there was a light on which he had to break a window to gain entry into a small room where he turned the light off. He then said he entered the living room where a young girl was sleeping on a couch. He mentioned there was alot of school stuff for kids like books etc. He said he went to the bedroom and a woman was trying to call on her phone for help but he struck her with a tire iron or crow bar and hit her in the hand first and noticed her hand was all busted up. then proceeded to hit her in the head....and said there was a baby in a crib which he left alone. He said he returned to the living room and he dragged the young girl to the back yard....but didnt wamt to get into detail about that. He said he left a size 8 shoe print and i kmow he had small feet not size 9 like reports said...He also mentioned the weopon was found by workers after just off a highway....Thats enough for now ill continue later thats all i can handle at this time

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »
Good to see you have returned Chris. Interesting after meeting and interacting with the devil that you have straightened yourself out. Maybe there is something to being scared straight.

Anyway, I think it would be good to document where you have gone to try and get your story looked into. You are on the right track with the detail you describe in the story. My experience was you have to be able to identify and describe details that are not mentioned in any news articles or known to the public. The Police often have hold back information they use to weed out the publicity seeker false confession types. Why the authorities are not responding to you is a bit of a mystery at the moment but stick with it til you get some sort of response.

McGray is an actual verifiable serial killer so passes the first requirement and he has been acknowledged as a poi in many more murders than he has been charged with. 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »
OPP Major Crimes Unit is in Orillia which is less than 15 minutes away....surely one of the officers there would be interested.

Sunshine31

• View Profile
I am aware that the article posted is from a few years ago however I wanted to bring Leah's thread to the top of the page as I feel this case deserves attention!

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
It appears that the tip didn't lead to anything solid as the article was writtten in 2008.

Sunshine31

• View Profile
 I guess it did not lead to anything solid (not that we know of anyways) but its always good to repost articles as some people might not have seen them the first time around. I have tried many links on this site that do not actually work. The page opens and then the heading "sorry the page you are requesting is no longer available". I hope to get more persons here looking at Leah's case. This one really needs to be solved!!

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2014, 07:02:23 PM »
24 years today since this horrible crime. Still no arrest(s). Unbelievable!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »
If the police strongly believe that the person with information as to this murder, is still living in this area, then what does that say?

People do move about. We do pack up and move to other cities, provinces, etc.

How can they be certain that the person is still living in that area after all of these years have passed, or that a witness is still living?  After all, this horrific crime took place in 1990!

If the cops are giving a message to a specific person, then how can it fly? 
This person got away with it, so whom would they expect to hear from?

I doubt if this plea will bring anything new. 

Just a waste of time...... Go back to the old written records, and put your back to it, track down the people, and start over........ or better yet, use 2016 science, and have the labs look into the genome, and come up with a likeness of the perp, and plaster this likeness all over the place.

It is time that Canada, advances forward with bio tech, like other countries and starts to do the same. 

Until, they do, it is just a waste of time. In my opinion.  And I must say, that anyone with common sense would agree with me.  The chances of solving this crime, with a shout out is very, very slim.

And don't get all excited about the working with the States on solving this, in 2008.  Eight years have passed.  It is time to move forward....

This brutal killing happened in 1990 - give the public a break. We are now in 2016!!
Get with it! Use all science presently available in 2016 to find this monster!
No excuses!!  It is time that Canada grows up, and we quit leaning on the Americans to solve our crimes though their labs!!.  They have enough crimes of their own!!

JB
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:29:03 PM by jellybean »

Chrisdiane

• View Profile
Hi everyone its Chris here. ..I keep coming on here hoping to see that sick individual named Mike Mcgray has been charged with this murder. There is no doubt in my mind about this guy doing this. The details this guy gave me were so concise and specific. He had no facial expression while describing it to me...just an evil blank stare. Of course he tried to leave out the sexual assault and was quite surprised when I came back and told him I knew he left a few details out about the girl being sexually assaulted. He tried to downplay it by saying he may have played with her a little bit. The fact he was letting me in his little sick and twisted world in the manner he did is a scary and shocking reflection ogof just how close i came to getting killed myself. I was in Kent max with this guy and every hour our cell doors open for five mins and we can visit other inmates but we are locked together for the next hour. As soon as the door closed this guy would go to great lengths to ensure the window was covered and the bottom of the door sealed with a towel...Id be lying if i said i wasnt shitting my pants. This guy really hasnt had much interaction with other inmates as the vast majority were aware he was a monster and wanted nothing to do with him. I had a perhaps sick or morbid curiosity about the mind of a serial killer and provided this guy with smokes and drugs while I indulged his twisted little story time. I dont know how this guy hasnt been charged with this. I really need closure on this as does the family im sure. I need for another interview to be done with me perhaps ...just to hear some details i may have left out and obviously would have no way of knowing. I believe I told them where to look for the weapon involved and its been located...not sure but i think i read something in that regard. Theres some more things I may have left out thinking they were not important as I just assumed this was a slam dunk. I will bet my life this guy did this. He was suicidal and I honestly cant believe I never got killed by this guy after the stuff he confided in me. I will never be able to get the details of this crime out of my head...they haunt me. I will attempt to do the crimestopper thing again. I should have been more honest from the start when I was interviewed the first time. I was on the fence about talking to the cops as you just dont do that kind of thing having my background. ..im sure people understand. I still remember every little detail the guy said. Some of which ive never seen published and correspond to what has been. I have never been so sure of something in all my life. There are things discussed with this guy of course i will never repeat. I can assure anyone wondering that this guy trusted me to confide in because we had very similar backgrounds and childhoods. He truly made me understand how a serial killer thinks and feels. Of course sexual abuse isnt an easy thing for people to discuss.He had a horrific childhood. But then again so have lots of people. This guy is truly a murder addict..its his drug of choice. Its what he thrives on....hes sick and he knows it...anyways please help me expose this creep for what he is and done.

**edited to remove phone number - Please use PM
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:23:29 AM by debbiec »

2soccermom

Hi Chris --
I think it's very courageous of you to speak out about what you know; I'm sure we can see how it is eating you up inside to have all this knowledge and little support for communicating it. I can only imagine how difficult that must be and how it feels. I haven't really been following Leah's case fully although I'm going to try to catch up. I would suggest contacting LE in Cumberland Beach directly to see if someone can come out to do an in-person interview with you, even if you're not in the area, or arrange for local LE in your area to do this for CB. This is obviously worth pursuing, for many reasons, including your own wellbeing and obviously justice and potential closure in Leah's case. Don't give up until you get to give the interview again. It might be that the person you suspect is not responsible (sick attempt to claim violence not of his own doing) but clearly you have significant info to share and it would be disgusting if LE doesn't give you the chance to (re)tell it. But I really do believe LE in Leah's area or overseeing her area will be responsive - I'm sure they would do anything to help advance this case. But if for some reason not, tell them you'll go to a news organization with the info instead. And then do it.
I imagine this must feel like a heavy burden to carry around, Chris. But all you can do is tell what you know and leave it with LE. You can't feel responsible for solving this case.
I'm sorry that you had a painful childhood (you indicated a similar background experience to MM) but you are obviously someone with a deep sense of justice and care. I wish more people who knew things were willing to speak out. I hope you are practicing good self care (reminding yourself to be good to yourself etc) and thank you for being so vocal. Please do pursue this and let the UC family know if you feel you've been heard by LE.
It would be amazing if your info could actually lead to resolution. We can at least certainly hope for that.
Blessings and best wishes to you.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:31:40 AM by 2soccermom »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
This and many other unsolved major crimes might very well be solved if only the government were to form a special agency manned with retired Le and Lab people.They would in all likelihood work for free.It would not hurt some multi rich folk to throw in a few bucks for equipment and expenses.

Many of these cases sit dormant for far to many years . How many loved ones have to go through the years suffering with out answers ? How many killers are out there that have escaped facing justice ? and how many of these killers have committed multiple atrocities ?

I suspect the average person has no idea how many people go missing and how many murders go unsolved.

What a wonderful idea!!

jb