Author Topic: Leah/Lora Sousa | Sept. 1, 1990 | Age 13/36 | Murdered | Cumberland Beach  (Read 67384 times)

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Leah/Lora Sousa | Sept. 1, 1990 | Age 13/36 | Murdered | Cumberland Beach
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »
Very helpful link D1 - thanks.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »
Please see my post under Robert Brown - Missing 3 August 1968 Wilfrid, Ontario - Barrie.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 03:10:30 PM »
Hello people...

It's been awhile since i last posted on this site but i heard this on the radio yesterday so i thought i would mention it .Awhile back maybe a year i dont think that long but maybe the police were coming back out with some tips on her murder or murder'ers asking for tips saying they had a new lead which looks promissing to break this cold case well on the radio yesterday it said that the guy that gave the tips about who killed leah and there wasn't a name but someone else but back further in time anyway they said them man that provided the info on the people who done it well he is now in jail for tampering with evidence and oh im not sure what else but basically everything he told police was a lie for his own gain maybe the reword or to get back at the people he pointed out not sure wich so i guess its back to being a cold case but i do gotta say that crime was seriousilly brutall  i mean what kinda guy makes up shit about something like that.. scum if u ask me.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »
Hi new - not only did this weirdo give false information, he had a buddy help him who is also up on charges.  Both are in their 60's - one would think they would know better.

The damage these people do is enormous - they cause the police to waste time and money running around checking info they know is false, and in turn the police become sceptical of those truly trying to help.  How do the police know who to believe and decide who has credibility?

The penalties are not yet strong enough to deter others from doing the same thing in the future when someone wants to get back at another for revenge.  House arrest without an ankle bracelet and probation is a slap on the wrist.  Judges need more appreciation for the collateral damage.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2009, 02:58:22 AM »
That is very unfortunate

Nice to see you again new

Im_new_here2

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2009, 01:26:17 PM »
Ya i tottally agree it is pretty dam sick and for me atleast it makes it even woarse when they used the case that they did anyone that reads up on what happened to this poor little girl.let alone what her mother is like now with steel plates in her dam head i mean what was she 11 i think ready for her first day of school to be raped and bludgoned in her back yard i dont know maybe its just me but what these guys did is bad enough but its even woarse when they used the case they did plus i remember at the time the cops were saying it was all but solved when i guess these to idiots did this think about all the familly members and the hope all for nothing . Its really really sad this case ,,this little girl has been in my heart ever since it happened takes a real real sick person to do something like what he sorry he/she  did..    P.S. Thanks guys /ladies  nice to be back..

haunted

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100129/w5_preview_100129/20100129?s_name=W5

W5 has a program tomorrow night on this case. Might provide more details.

capeheart

• View Profile
I just watched W-5 and saw the story about Leah and Lora Sousa. I do remember about this crime before being on TV. The male they spoke to, what evidence is there connecting him to this horrible crime. And I would like to know why he only received six years for attacking and stabbing a young woman to death. Did they make a plea deal as to him confessing the crime or what? There was not much information related to this crime. Was it a sexual attack on the woman or was it just an attack, there was no information put forth on that. It would be also interesting to know the circumstances of that case in relation to Leah and Lora's attack. As stated, his grandmother lived a short distance from where their home was located, which could put him in the area. Of course, he says he was not in that area that night and that he has 60 people to back him up. It may just be a coincidence that he did live in that area and he doesn't have anything to do with this crime. I am sure that maybe this program being aired and the reward that is offered, may bring forth some information. My thoughts are with Lora and hope that this case will be solved soon. A very violent and vicious crime. The person that committed this crime certainly should be found. It has to be very difficult to live in that area, knowing that the person has never been arrested for this crime. That is 20 years of fear for those who remember this crime.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
20 years means the victim's family, and whomever else represents them, is entitle to "all previously held back info. about the case.  I hope W5 presses for that. >:(

capeheart

• View Profile
Lost, it is just unreal that this crime was never solved. I don't think the man they have in mind committed this crime. He was already sentenced for a violent crime, so why wouldn't he have been questioned at that time about the Sousa crime? If he was that violent a person, why would he still be walking around free, I don't understand it, especially if they suspect him. ??? ??? ??? ???

Woodland

• View Profile
I also watched the W5 story and thought Det Mark Pritchard (in charge of the case for the last 5 years) did a good job.  My heart aches for Lora Sousa - her loss is beyond my comprehension.

Here are a few highlights of the information released in this documentary.

Lora and Leah Sousa were attacked with a pipe or tire iron inside their home - Lora in her bedroom and Leah in the living room.  Lora had reached for the phone but was prevented from using it with a blow from the weapon, not only to her hand but also her head.  The attacker left her for dead.

Leah was dragged outside to the backyard after being subdued with the weapon and then raped - her injuries are described as mutilation.  She was found face down in the grass.

Someone dragging her outside to rape her baffles me to no end.  How could the killer have taken the chance that he would not be heard or seen by a neighbour?  He was already secluded in the house.

The quantity of blood was substantial - the killer would not have escaped the spatter.  A bloody footprint was found - a size 9 (possibly 10) Nike court shoe.

The police feel the home was targeted and the motivation was sexual.

Although it was not said in this show, there are suggestions in other stories that more than one person attacked these two.  It makes sense if they were targeted - having to subdue 2 people, both 100 lbs or more.

Det Pritchard describes the scene as 'horrendous', 'tremendous violence' and 'brutality off the scale'.  A criminal profiler (did not get his name or location) adds that this scene rates in his top 5 of brutal murders in his experience.

I would like to see Det Pritchard take on other cold cases of equally brutal murders with tremendous violence perpetrated on children - as in Christine Jessop and Lizzie Tomlinson.  Maybe he has by now, but previously his explanation for not doing so was that no 'hits' were made in their VICAP system.  Taxpayers do not pay for narrow views and untested attempts to bring killers to justice - this allows killers to roam free for 20+ years after a crime.

It seems to me Fantino could arrange this if he was so inclined - nothing else has worked so far.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:10:31 PM by Woodland »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2010, 07:02:06 AM »
The person that committed this crime certainly should be found. It has to be very difficult to live in that area, knowing that the person has never been arrested for this crime. That is 20 years of fear for those who remember this crime.     

.....what gets me about manypeople in these severe cases, is the fact that they don't band together and push for the truth.  In reality, what many of them fear is "not what/who they don't know" but "what/who they do know" or have a good reason to suspect.....so they keep quiet in hope that  their silence (or their indifference) might keep this from happening to them, or someone they know or love.  ...imo

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2010, 07:13:22 AM »
Excellent point lost. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »
I got you Lost. I also believe there was more then one person to do this crime. I mean how could this person assault and remove one person in the house to rape and violently kill her and also go after the mother, who was possibly the second person to be attacked. If Lora was in the bedroom, she possibly was the second individual to be attacked when she tried to save her daughter. Yes, it sounds to me like two people did this crime. I mean this was Labour Day weekend, this was somebody who was planning this, I believe. They possibly were doing drugs and drinking and waiting for the early hours of the morning to strike, when most people were sleeping. These people had to be bathed in blood who committed this crime. Somebody knows who came home that night with blood on their clothing, they know and they are not telling. They could have been threatened that the same thing would happen to them. Why are these violent crimes not solved. Is there a DNA profile or was the FBI ever involved in this case???I believe they should have every available high profile homicide detective try and solve this case. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »
Leah was dragged outside to the backyard after being subdued with the weapon and then raped - her injuries are described as mutilation.  She was found face down in the grass.
I didn't see or read the facts on this case elsewhere; but isn't it possible that Leah dragged herself (badly injured) outside trying to get away.