Author Topic: Leah/Lora Sousa | Sept. 1, 1990 | Age 13/36 | Murdered | Cumberland Beach  (Read 67866 times)

jobo

• View Profile
I usually can come up with a scenerio in most threads I read....but for some reason I draw a blank on this child's murder and the attack on her Mom.
I agree, It truly was a horrific and senseless act of violence, very hard to fathom who would come into a single Mom's house and do this to her and her family.  And why. 
It may have been like you said, Coral, someone after Leah to sexually assault her.  He came in with the crowbar just in case, and then his rage just exploded once he got in the house. He tried to kill both, and probably thought he had when he left.  So, there was a shoe print...a running shoe (Nike all leather court or tennis shoe sized 9 or 10) that tells me someone younger (we are talking 1990).  Maybe athletic?
 Hard to believe he hasn't struck again though, if his motive was rape.  Or has he?

Sunshine31

• View Profile
Soon it will be 22 years since Leah was murdered and the horrific beating of her Mom Lora. This is a terrible thing to have happened and all these years without answers or closure. I pray and keep families such as these in my thoughts.

Chrisdiane

• View Profile
Re: Leah/Lora Sousa | Sept. 1, 1990 | Age 13/36 | Murdered | Cumberland Beach
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2012, 06:43:56 PM »
I was in prison with a serial killer named Mike Wayne Mcgray. He described in great detail to me this murder....maybe because I am an ex-con or there is a 50 thousand dollar reward my credibility is questioned. Noone seems to take me seriously but I am telling you I interviewed the devil. I was a career criminal who thought I was a bad person until I met Wayne. I have never reoffended since my release from prison and I have turned my life around. I truly believe with all my heart this man did this crime which he described in great detail to me. I am ashamed to admitt I befriended him while in prison but sometimes you keep your enemies closer than your friends as the saying goes. I grew up on a small town on Vancouver Island and had no wayof ever knowingabout this crime. I dont care about the reward money allthough I would not refuse it. I have looked into this crime and i think the family deserves closure.....Mcgray told me if he was ever questioned about this crime he would not deny his guilt. Please someone hear this

SAP

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
I hope someone hears you Chris. The police should be able to discern facts that would only be known to them and the perp, so keep trying with them. Write it all down and present it in person until someone pays attention.

There's also another thread on Leah:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=502.msg92418#msg92418

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/29/prison-couldnt-keep-michael-wayne-mcgray-from-killing-just-like-he-said-it-wouldnt/

This man sounds horrible and was obviously far too violently dangerous for Mountain Institution, where he murdered his roommate. He never should have had a roommate. Note he also murdered a mother and her 11 year old daughter, which is a rare thing to do, so that would also make him a very likely suspect in the Leah Sousa case.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2012, 09:17:16 PM »
I have now merged the two threads for Leah and Lora Sousa. Thanks for bringing that to my attention SAP and Leonagleant.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2012, 04:50:12 AM »
I tried to read up about McGray.  Two different articles...one says he was born in Ontario, the other says Nova Scotia.  McGray says he murdered up to 16 people and the Police have only charged him with a few of these murders.  The latest being his cell-mate in B.C.
He has been charged with killing a mother and daughter, but seems to not want to admit he killed the child.....

I would love to know if he was in Ontario...Cumberland Beach in 1990.
One article I read says that he murdered two men in Montreal in 1991 while out of prison on a 3 day pass at Eastertime.  He had been in a minimum security jail in the Laurentians.   Where was he in September 1990?

Another article I read says Detective Bob Wilkinson Of the Toronto Police said they could find no links to unsolved in Toronto....although McGray says he murdered an alcoholic man downtown and buried him....

Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2012, 05:44:10 AM »
Chris - I wish I knew someone on the police forces who I could contact and who would listen. I would assume you've contacted the hot line on the unsolved crimes with the OPP. I think this case is now in the hands of Toronto police but it was originally with the OPP.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2012, 10:31:59 AM »
I was in prison with a serial killer named Mike Wayne Mcgray. He described in great detail to me this murder....maybe because I am an ex-con or there is a 50 thousand dollar reward my credibility is questioned. Noone seems to take me seriously but I am telling you I interviewed the devil. I was a career criminal who thought I was a bad person until I met Wayne. I have never reoffended since my release from prison and I have turned my life around. I truly believe with all my heart this man did this crime which he described in great detail to me. I am ashamed to admitt I befriended him while in prison but sometimes you keep your enemies closer than your friends as the saying goes. I grew up on a small town on Vancouver Island and had no wayof ever knowingabout this crime. I dont care about the reward money allthough I would not refuse it. I have looked into this crime and i think the family deserves closure.....Mcgray told me if he was ever questioned about this crime he would not deny his guilt. Please someone hear this

Quite interesting and it surely should be checked out. I mean they must have DNA from that terrible crime. I do remember the name, Wayne McGray for some reason. It is a familiar name that I've heard before. The police somehow or other get used to these crimes and it is like  they cannot be bothered looking into the information. Sure hope somebody picks up on this and does an investigation. It is a very important cold case and you should get in touch with the Cold Case Division in that area or even call Crime Stoppers.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
Chrisdiane:  Thank you so much for your wonderful post re the murders of these two people.  Your honesty should be commended. 
I am quite frankly, stunned that you found this site, and gave such enormous input in one post.

Obviously this has been bothering you for some time.

Glad to know that you turned your life around.
All things are possible, with determination!

Thanks, and good luck to you in your new life free of crime.  Being an honest citizen does have its benefits.
No cops - being able to sleep at nite - free to choose without looking over your shoulder.

Good for you!!

jb

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »
I too, should thank you, Chrisdiane.
 How the heck do you feel knowing you had to befriend a guy that murdered his cell mate?  He freely admits he wants/needs to kill.  I know what you mean about keeping your enemies closer, but this guy is an enemy to many, many poor Victims.  I am glad you are on the outside, safe, and towing the line.
I find it interesting you say he will not deny his guilt in the crimes against the Sousas.  It would be nice if we knew where he was on Sept 1/1990.  He was all over Canada...between being in and out of jail 1985-1995.

Chrisdiane, you make it sound like the authorities don't believe you, that's too bad because the Sousa crime is UNsolved to this day, and that just isn't fair to the Mom, and the rest of their loved ones.  I would hope that the OPP would still look into the crime against the Sousas and where McGray was at that time.
He already killed a woman and child, so we know he is capable.  I thought I read that he wouldn't admit to murdering the child though, did anyone else read that?

capeheart

• View Profile
Well obviously if anyone is listening to Chris, they certainly can get this cleared up rather quickly. McGray's a violent creepy serial killer, chilling details of his crimes. I wouldn't doubt for one minute that he is possibly responsible for this. But he has been serving jail time for years, so I wonder if he was incarcerated at that time??? That is all the police have to do is get his DNA checked with items that were found at the scene of Leah's murder. I mean McGray is only sentenced to 25 years and that was in 2000. We are now to 2013, do the math, this SOB could be out and killing again. I am not sure if McGray was from Nova Scotia or NB. He has committed murders all over the maritimes and beyond. Hopefully DNA will confirm it and then they can lay charges in this case.

Also serial killers are known to take credit for very violent and shocking murders, like they want to take the attention for the crime. Sick as it is, they like to think that it is sort of fame for them. So he could have been just telling the story to Chris for attention and yet again, it could be the truth. DNA will clear it all up and the police can look elsewhere. :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:22:00 PM by capeheart »

Im_new_here2

If you google sue scambgatty forgive me on the last name you will see the most recent news and updates on this case and i am almost posative that they have DNA .This is as i have mentioned many times a crime that bothers me on a daily basis what he did to that poor girl knowing she went to bed so happy to wear her new clothing the very next day to her first day of school and have her bestie meet her at 7 am its sick and i would welcome the noose to return for this sick sob..Chris if what your saying is true you should be down there every single day untill they take u seriouslly every day.

Chrisdiane

• View Profile
This is chris here...if anyone wants to talk to me to help me out with this theycan call me at ******* this bothers me on a daily basis....and i cant understand why nothing has come of this
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:52:20 AM by debbiec »

leonagleant

• View Profile
Chris: Have you called crime stoppers? Have you reported this to the police? Even if once, we know from experience that important tips can sit on the shelf, so why not try again? Where is the suspect now and how many more years is he serving for his other crimes?