Author Topic: Brian Thorpe - Murdered - Feb.08, 1967 - Trenton, ON  (Read 12461 times)

srog

• View Profile
Re: Brian Thorpe - Murdered - Feb.08, 1967 - Trenton, ON
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 05:57:48 AM »
amIam, thank you for your interest in this coldcase. I had to do many hours of research at the Trenton library to find the news articles on Brian. Much of my research indicated the Police were searching for the vehicle in the wrong area. As mentioned in my earlier posts the imagery on google earth shows a very distinctive image of what appears to be a vehicle in the Wellars Bay area near Consecon. In therory the vehicle was positioned on the ice at a location near an open body of water, produced by currents, and pushed closer and eventually went through the ice. This would allow the individuals time to move away from the vehicle and safetly get back to the shoreline.
I have come to the conclusion that I need  different perspectives on the imagery, and that is why I am going to reveal the location to all who may have interest in this case. I am still a private citizen and google is a public domain site for everyone to observe, I can legally post it.
 Please respond with your Perspective on the imagery by going into the members area of this site and looking up my e-mail ( you must be a member, or join as a member to get my e-mail) and send your replys. Thank you all for your interest.
Google Earth position- Wellars Bay area
                                    43 degrees 59' 42.57" N
                                    77 degrees 31' 32.92" W
                                    Elevation 250 ft
                                    Eye Altitude 300-500 ft
P.S. Play around with the different angles and eye altitudes, you may be surprised.

amIam

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 05:21:15 PM »
scrog, to the best of my knowledge you can post anything you wish on this site with the exception of naming an individual with regard as being a perp to crime, unless the individual is an " accused"  named as such by LE and a media link is provided.

Brian Thorpe's  murder, and I gather from comments from media articles, this is a case that as per usual with the OPP has gone by the wayside.  Such a shame as he was just a little boy and I understand there are no family members in Trenton to keep Brian's case alive.  Thank you for doing this.  Seems so odd that as far as I am aware, there is the case of Brian's murder, Feb./67 and the 9 yr later murder of Francis Calder, in town of at that time so very small.  Why no arrests in either?  Could be incorrect but don't even think a Timmies was even formed at that time...

I get your drift re Consecon and Weller's Bay, a white vehicle would be difficult to spot in the dead of Feb, now wouldn't it?  And with the mapping...

For some reason I am unable to do the Google thing and view the imagery, this happens all the time to me re crimes in Trenton.  Not certain why this is the case. I appreciate your effort re researching Brian, it's so difficult to find anything in relation to so long ago.  They don't make it easy, do they??

amIam

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
scrog, you mentioned the former train station at North Murray.  Was this just south of North Murray and on West St?  Took a drive by there today and there seems just one location that would fit this scene.
Trying to get a perspective on this, Brian, just 12  left a residence on North Murray Feb 8, 1967 at 8:45 PM enroute to his home.

I assume he was walking.  You are his friend.  Where did he live?  Did he live on the West side of Trenton as North Murray is on the east with the Trent River as you are aware dissecting both.

There was an indication at the time of the OPP divers at the mouth of the Trent in search of the car..and it seems they knew of the car, color etc. A further indication..or hinted at via the local media, the OPP had a very good idea as to whom this car belonged. Seems they had a name and although it was obscure at the time, it became very prevalent in another case which much notoriety.

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »

Some articles I found.

Angela Ellis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »
another

Angela Ellis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
Third

Angela Ellis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
Most recent

rkay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
Thanks very much for the additional information, Angela.

Angela Ellis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 02:20:06 PM »
You are very welcome :)