Author Topic: Cody Ridge Wolfe, missing May 1, 2011, Muskowekwan First Nation, Lestock, SK  (Read 15047 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
From the sounds of that it makes me think after leaving his grandmothers he stopped some where before heading to the original destination.  Perhaps he stopped at another friends to see if they would walk with him, or perhaps drive him. Wonder if that has been checked out.  Hoping he is found soon.

raisinpie

• View Profile
Eyes... Thanks for the thoughts and the discussion... much appreciated!

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
raisinpie wondering are you related or know this family? wondering if they have tryed to retrace step by step as much as they know as in walking the route in the same time of day frame etc.  God I hope this kid if found.

nikkicz

• View Profile
I am from an area just south of Muskowekwan and just to give you some light on the conditions that spring.  There was intensive flooding - worst ever in our area.  In the area around Lestock most farmers did not turn a wheel because all the land was under water.  The water was moving so fast that where there used to be well travelled roads there was nothing but deep hole with fast moving water.

What most believe in this area is that Cody became caught in the flooding.  Water and snow levels continued to stay very high through last season with even more flooding.  This winter the snow is much less and I think with water levels down his body will be found this spring.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

Hi nikkicz and welcome.

Thanks for being here and giving some insight into what the conditions were like in the area when Cody went missing. It's always good to have first hand information. My own thoughts have pretty much leaned toward what you've said about Cody being caught up in the flooding. It would have been dark and poor conditions that night. It may not be that Cody is found safe but I do hope he is found and brought home to his family.

nikkicz

• View Profile
Possible human remains found.  There are few missing in this area but my first thought was this young man.

http://cjme.com/story/possible-human-remains-discovered-muskowekwan-first-nation/365317

Shadow Girl

http://www.saskvotes.com/node/367365

RCMP say the remains belong to Fenton Blair Albert

Reported by CJME staff

First Posted: Jun 13, 2014 7:08pm | Last Updated: Jun 13, 2014 7:09pm

Change text size: + -

The human remains found on the Muskowekwan First Nations have now been identified.

On Tuesday night the remains were found in a wooded area northeast of the village by a landowner. After combing throught the area Mounties and investigators confirmed on Thursday that the remains are human.

RCMP say that an autopsy conducted on Friday revealed that  the dental records matched Fenton Blair Albert.

32-year-old Albert from the Muskowekwan First Nation was reported missing on April 7th.

Police say there are no signs of foul play but the investgation is ongoing.

PandaBearKitty

Re: Cody Ridge Wolfe, missing May 1, 2011, Muskowekwan First Nation, Lestock, SK
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 03:54:45 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/search-resumes-for-cody-wolfe-1.1413516

Search resumes for Cody Wolfe
Missing teen last seen more than 2 years ago
CBC News Posted: Jul 13, 2013 8:51 AM CT Last Updated: Jul 13, 2013 8:43 AM CT

Volunteers and trained searchers are spending their weekend scouring the area around Muskowekwan First Nation for clues to the disappearance of Cody Ridge Wolfe.

Wolfe was last seen at his grandmother's home on the first nation the night of April 29, 2011.

Wolfe, who was 17 at the time, left the home to walk to another residence eight kilometres away, but he didn't arrive and has not been heard from since.

The teen's final text messages, sent to friends that night, said he was lost and very cold.

A number of ground and air searches have been held since on the reserve 130 kilometres north of Regina, but no evidence about his disappearance has been discovered.

This weekend, family and friends have organized a coordinated ground search, as well as a water search with trained search and rescue dogs.

Volunteers started searching on Friday. On Saturday and Sunday they are meeting at the Muskowekwan Band Hall at 8 a.m. CST and the search will run between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m both days.

Police have asked anyone with information about Wolfe's disappearance to call the Regina RCMP Historical Case Unit at (306) 780-5582 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

PandaBearKitty