Author Topic: Sonia Varaschin - Timeline of Events  (Read 42324 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Sonia Varaschin - Timeline of Events
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
Thanks to Concerned who started the original thread for Sonia. This Timeline of Events is not meant to replace that thread. This thread is a compilation of facts and was not intended to deter anyone from posting on the original thread.

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 07:33:34 PM »

Thank you Devastated, JellyBean, Capeheart, Marley...... I appreciate your replies.  In honour of Sonia and her family, PLEASE, in lieu of your accolades, I respectfully ask you to submit a request to America's Most Wanted to urge John Walsh to feature Sonia's murder on their show.

Individually we are but a tiny drop, together we are an ocean.

Please click on this link to be taken to a form:  http://www.amw.com/contact/

Once there, choose "OTHER", fill in your email address (twice) and then cut 'n paste this paragraph into your text box:

Please consider sending John Walsh and America's Most Wanted to help solve a Crime in Canada.
Sonia Varaschin lived in Orangeville, a small town just north of Toronto, Ontario.
A heinous perpetrator entered her home, killed her, used her car to dispose of her body, then returned the car to a nearby location.
The Behavior Analysis Unit from the FBI came for a 3-day Investigative Summit to work with our Local Police, Provincial Police and RCMP.
It's been 8 months since Sonia was killed.  Still nothing.  No leads.  No suspects.  No arrests.
For details, please visit our site:  http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=4931
Please help and thank you for the work you do!

Then click on SEND

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 03:47:58 PM »
I did receive a reply from my e.mail to AMW form. It will have to be someone who possibly is in the police department or someone who has all the facts on this case and also a picture of Sonia. I don't know how to forward anyone my e.mail, it came in my private e.mails. These facts and picture and information has to be sent by mail and it has to be agreed to by Sonia's family. That is the information that was in my e.mail. So if any of you filled this form out, you will get the same replay as I did. Maybe someone that knows what to do here and that lives in the area of Sonia's mom, they could get all of this together. Maybe the police that are investigating the case would be more then willing to help with this request. :o :o :o :o :o

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »
I did receive a reply from my e.mail to AMW form. It will have to be someone who possibly is in the police department or someone who has all the facts on this case and also a picture of Sonia. I don't know how to forward anyone my e.mail, it came in my private e.mails. These facts and picture and information has to be sent by mail and it has to be agreed to by Sonia's family. That is the information that was in my e.mail. So if any of you filled this form out, you will get the same replay as I did. Maybe someone that knows what to do here and that lives in the area of Sonia's mom, they could get all of this together. Maybe the police that are investigating the case would be more then willing to help with this request. :o :o :o :o :o

Thanks cape. Everyone that took the time to send in the request will likely get the same response. Thus it will work itself out.

Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »
Thanks Capeheart and DebbieC, I received the following email from AMW today as well:

Dear Viewer:

Thank you for writing to America's Most Wanted.  AMW only accepts requests for stories or segments through the mail.

Looks to me (I bolded it) like they ONLY want to receive requests through good ol' fashioned snail mail.  And so I shall....  I'll print out these newspaper articles and snail mail them to Washington along with the new lead detective's name and phone number.  I don't see anywhere in their email that says it MUST come from the family.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »
I think it is an important fact that Sonia's Dad had just washed her car for her when she visited her parents that day.   If he cleaned it inside and out, the only prints the cops should have found would be Sonia's and perhaps her Dad's..and anyone else, such as a gas jockey that can be accounted for.  Did the perp leave prints or wear gloves or wipe the car clean again....is my burning question.
My point, is that the car should have been clean, as clean as can be before this crime.

Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 07:32:42 PM »

It's a SAD day!

Fox has cancelled America's Most Wanted! 1151 fugitives captured.
Revenue and $$ is low.
For the murderers, drug dealers and fraudsters, don't celebrate just yet!

Fox has cancelled its long-running weekly crime series and announced that they will scale it back to four quarterly two-hour specials next season. Though America's Most Wanted, which first aired in 1988, has certainly helped capture criminals (1,151 according to its website), tracking down revenue has proved more difficult in recent years.

Fox Entertainment Chief Kevin Reilly said the network has "not made money on the show in a quite a while. It wasn't particularly viable."
According to Reilly, America's Most Wanted host and executive producer John Walsh has been exploring the possibility of finding a different outlet that may continue to air the show.  Entertainment Weekly reports that "the main issue with the show wasn't its popularity, but the cost of production."

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/16/americas-most-wanted-only-marginally-wanted-by-fox/

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 05:26:01 PM »
I sure am hoping this is soon solved, as it is very close to me, Sonia nursed one of my children at sick kids......It is getting very close to a year, wondering if the police are any closer to solving this than they were last august......Wondering if it is long enough for any of the DNA results to be back yet and one know?

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »
Quite frankly, I care very much about Canada, our drug problems, our murders. Perhaps we should have our own "Candian Most Wanted" Now there is a positive thought - what do you think? Sorry, but Fox news is American, and they look after their own.  We desperately need a Canadian version of same!!
Besides, this is the Timeline of Sonia, and I am under the impression that it is to be left "fresh and clean" as a Timeline and not to post our thoughts on it. - or am I screwed up on this rule?
I believed by the rules agreed upon that we should post on Sonia's Personal Site, set up by Concerned.
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3781.0

PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:06:56 PM by jellybean »

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 07:45:57 PM »
JB I swear I am not stalking you tonight!   ;D  "Timeline of Events should be links only?? 
Still trying to find my way around here. 

tia

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 07:53:24 PM »
Bella; I am never concerned about stalking - honestly.  I am an avid poster, so naturally people will post on various sites, and I may just have finished putting  in my 2 cents worth. lol.
No Bella, I am confused, as this timeline of events was set up to be just that, and the rules were that no one should post on it,  and the timeline is worth reading.

Sonia Varaschin has her own site for comments, ideas, etc.
Here is Sonia's personal site - do read it, and please post your ideas. All input is welcome! :) And the Timeline of Events is very helpful.
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3781.0
tia
Jellybean. :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:38:08 PM by jellybean »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 10:35:06 AM »
I saw on the Durham region TV station commercial that they are looking for ideas for programming.   Perhaps one of us that likes the camera could start up a crime show featuring unsolved crimes in Ontario.   
I see Keith Morrison is doing it for Dateline....but the most expense on producing that show is probably his salary...;)   So, my point is I can't see it being that expensive to produce a show like that.     I am sure there is many crime victim's family members that would agree to be interviewed.   The worst thing for a victim is when people forget.  There is so many 'reality' shows out there, but this is real life, when someone's loved one goes missing, or is murdered.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 08:52:37 PM »
re: ideas for programming.
The dateline program with Keith Morrison is of value. Keith is a Canadian, perhaps he could help even with some suggestions on how to get the ball rolling? His dateline show has a huge following so when they chose to do the stories they do, it has been well researched and is well known beforehand that there will be a target audience waiting. We don't have to repeat the test for prerequisites here or to reinvent the wheel, we are waiting!!! CBC where are you??? Perhaps someone could try contacting him?

sweetnurse64

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 05:09:46 AM »
I sent the request into americas Most Wanted before I read that it was cancelled and they actually sent me a response. It said to contact the I.D. (Investigation Discovery) channel and they have several different programs that might investigate it if we sent them the information.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 10:44:24 PM »
That is a good starting point sweetnurse.
http://investigationdiscovery.ca/showlist.aspx

There are many "angles" that could be persued in almost any case. Finding the right one and getting it to the right place is almost like target marketing. I'm sure there is something here that could be posed in someway that one of these shows would be interested in.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:19:02 PM by D1 »