Author Topic: Sonia Varaschin - Timeline of Events  (Read 42544 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Sonia Varaschin - Timeline of Events
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
Perhaps the same rules would apply to investiation discovery as it was to Most Wanted.  Firstly, if it is an active investigation, law enforcement would have to give their permission, and if the victim has family, they would also have to give their permission.  This makes sense to me. But yes, we certainly could use a Canadian Weekly program, and it would have a terrific  following that is for sure. It could also include Most wanted, as well as unsolved murders and missing people. I think CTV would be open to something like that as well.

JB

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 04:23:26 PM »
Thanks debbieC for starting the new thread and so good to see Mom's timeline again, because we forget the material that has been already posted. Glad to get everyone talking about this case again. :o :o :o :o :o

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
This timeline and organization of facts is what I've longed for many times in terms of a format for ALL of the cases on here. Maybe others will be inspired to do the same for the cases they know most about.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »
This timeline and organization of facts is what I've longed for many times in terms of a format for ALL of the cases on here. Maybe others will be inspired to do the same for the cases they know most about.

I agree that timelines can be very helpful. Thanks to our member 'Mom' for going to the time and effort to create this one for the murder of Sonia Varaschin.

*Global News is sometimes good at publishing timelines on some of the stories they carry. Two cases that come to mind where timelines were done by Global are the Amber Kirwan case and the McCann case. Both of those are posted on their respective threads. 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 03:19:28 PM »
I am hoping that the timeline of Events (of which I am posting on -lol  is left as timeline. Otherwise we may just continue posting (regular posting) in it. It really doesn't matter I suppose - but would it further confuse, and detract from the pure timeline of events?
I'm afraid that the timeline would just continue on with regular postings etc. Do we want that? - or do we not want that?
I agree with D1, that the timeline should be used for updated links, such as the last video re search on her Anniversary - without comment
These comments could be on Part 2, referring to the link in the timeline.
That way the Timline, to my mind, would be a reference library of known announcements by LE.
A Headline with instructions for the Timeline, and a referral to Thread #2 would assist in this.
And if you so desire, then removal of this comment and others would be warranted - to clean them out.
JB
I have a feeling that this case may take some time to solve, so the cleaner the Timeline is kept might be best?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:29:59 PM by jellybean »

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 03:34:47 PM »
Great Idea, would definitely eliminate confusion as to where to post. 8)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 03:39:37 PM »
I am hoping that the timeline of Events (of which I am posting on -lol  is left as timeline. Otherwise we may just continue posting (regular posting) in it. It really doesn't matter I suppose - but would it further confuse, and detract from the pure timeline of events?

Timeline of Events is still Timeline of Events, just as it always has been. Part 2 is for regular posting, just as part 1 was.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 03:51:27 PM »
debbiec: Yes it will still be timeline of events - but people may just continue on posting theories etc.
Older posters would know the difference, but newer posters would not know.
Or does it not matter?
I'm easy.

JB

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »
Well it gets kind of confusing and complicated if we put too many rules here. We may not get someone giving information just by posting a comment. I'm for things the way they are now. Like myself, I don't know how to add links and so on and no matter how many times someone tells me, it doesn't work out. So I'm satisfied for those who are smarter at the computer than I am, go for it. And Mom's postings are fantastic and I'm sure very helpful to the police, if they so wanted to look in on our comments. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »
I'm in favour of the timeline being gutted of commentary (aside from useful explanations, theories, etc.).  This post included, perhaps minus some of the pictures attached by request.

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Relevant photos, diagrams, enhancements, etc.

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »
Continued.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
This is a link to a map with the locations of Sonia's home, the place where Sonia's body was found, and where her car was later found. Click the colored icons on the left to zoom in on each or to look around the area.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103309402336490999288.00048f8d1be3b84c5c24f
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:56:54 PM by D1 »

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 07:38:21 AM »
A visible repair to the garage door.

Many thanks to Dew for the find.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:45:12 AM by Dannybam »

TLG

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 02:48:40 PM »
What about Cold Case on A&E. Maybe there is a way to contact Bill Kurtis and get her story out there.