Author Topic: Steven Lapowich | 28 | Missing | Toronto | March 25, 2011  (Read 7014 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Steven Lapowich | 28 | Missing | Toronto | March 25, 2011
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:03:34 AM »
Broadcast time: 08:23 Tuesday, April 19, 2011
33 Division 416−808−3300
Missing man, Steven Lapowich, 28www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/20864.pdf

Pic at bottom of news release

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Lapowich | 28 | Missing | Toronto | March 25, 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:58:19 PM »
Taken from Help Find.... fb page

General Information
Stephen (Steve) Lapowich was reported missing to the police on Sunday, March 27, 2011 after friends and family were unsuccessful contacting him earlier in the week. There has been no contact to friends, family or coworkers since his disappearance.

On Tuesday, April 19th, police released a Missing Person's press report. It is believed that he might have traveled to the USA.

To this date, there has still been no known contact with Steve. Friends, Family, and Police are concerned for his wellbeing. If anyone has information related to this matter, or if anyone has been in contact with Steve after March 24, 2011, please email us at FindStephenLapowich@gmail.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Regarding his supposed trip to Puerto Rico - Are they sure. 100% certain. that it was the
Real  Stephen Lapowich who boarded that plane?

Both Stephen's family and his employer were surprised to learn that Stephen had planned a three week vacation without telling them. Stephen had even booked work-related appointments for the time that he planned to be on vacation.

and -

Since his disappearance, there has been no activity on his cell phone, credit cards or bank accounts.

One would think that he would have used his credit card for something upon arrival!!

I wonder if it was another Steven Lapowich who took that trip.  Mistaken identity perhaps? 

JB
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:14:10 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 04:22:54 PM »
There could well have been another Steve with similar appearance on camera's. How clear were the pic's from the camera's?

Did the parents see them, and were 100% certain it was him?

Did the parents see pic's of him at Puerto Rico Airport?

Did folks check to see if his luggage, clothes, etc, were missing from his dwelling?

What kind of business did Steve work in?

Did he work for a Travel Agency?

or - Did Steve go to Pearson Airport only to Meet someone?
He would not think Meeting someone,  a big deal, and not mention it to family, friends, etc?

I cannot see him, not using his Visa Card in another country.

Come to think of it, he would still have to go through customs in PR, and as it is in all countries, one has to declare cash or funds to show that they are not arriving destitute.

Therefore, did his bank statements reflect a large cash withdrawal before embarking on his supposed journey.

Were the jails or hospitals in PR ever checked out?
I still wonder if the Missing Steve ever left Toronto and if he did not - whatever happened to him?

Concerned.  Can you come up with anything further?
You are excellent at it!!

JB
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:51:35 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 04:56:48 PM »
and -

On March 24th, 2011, Stephen arrived at Toronto Pearson International Airport to board a flight to Costa Rica for a three week vacation. After being told that his original flight was unavailable, Stephen purchased a plane ticket to Puerto Rico through American Airlines. A subsequent investigation has revealed that Stephen did arrive in Puerto Rico on March 27th, 2011.

Where was Steve from March 24 to March 27th?  There is an 11 day gap between purchasing ticket and arriving in PR?

So, he must have returned to Pearson on the 27th in order to arrive in PR on the 27th.
If true, then he had 11 days to tell his employer and family.
Yet they were unaware.
If a 3 wk vacation, I assume his tickets were both ways.  If a one way ticket only, then he did not buy into a package.....

JB
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:03:44 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »
oops - my math.  Right - a 3 day difference.  Three day gap isn't bad.

He was last seen Friday, March 25th. Stephen (Steve) Lapowich was reported missing to the police on Sunday, March 27, 2011 after friends and family were unsuccessful contacting him earlier in the week. There has been no contact to friends, family or coworkers since his disappearance.

Thursday, March 24th he purchased the ticket
Last seen on the Friday.... Who saw him?
Yet friends and family had no contact with him early in that week.

Why was he so secretive?
It would not be fair for me to hazard a guess.

I think there is a very innocent explanation in all of this.... somewhere...

His family misses him terribly....
How tragic.

JB

JB

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:12:21 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 12:33:49 AM »
If the Missing Steve did get to PR - did not check into a hotel, etc.  Then someone was waiting at the airport and picked him up?

However, there is no evidence that Stephen flew from Puerto Rico to Costa Rica or that he checked into a hotel.

Had Steve been to PR on vacation, before?

And then there is; (copied from reply#2)
He had originally planned to travel to Costa Rica via Miami but made a last-minute change in plans.

By that very statement, he obviously told someone about his plans right?

JB
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:41:45 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 12:52:09 AM »
Well, here is an article that is making sense and it answers a few of the questions that we had.
Steve was a Pension Analyst: 

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/27/reward-offered-for-safe-return-of-north-york-man-missing-two-years
 And His family, White, and private investigators from MKD International have no idea where Lapowich spent the three days between the Friday he initially arrived at the airport and the Monday when his flight departed.

Investigators confirmed Lapowich arrived in Peurto Rico, but they found no record of him taking a connecting flight to Costa Rica or checking into a hotel on the island.

Lapowich, who lived in the Steeles-Bayview Aves. area, has vacationed outside of Canada several times before. But this was the first time he travelled alone.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:00:55 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 01:19:03 AM »
He is also registered on here.

http://www.wayn.com/profiles/laps4
This is about travel.
Date on picture says Dec 16. 

And there is an Analyst by that name in Toronto on Linkedin.

https://ca.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Stephen/Lapowich

note: this guy was pension analyst and is now business analyst in Toronto
One and the same?  Remember, his mother in articles a number of years ago said that he was a Pension Analyst.

What are the odds that  2 people with the same name are Pension Analyst in Toronto at the same time - then one Steve moves into Business Analyst?
This is the same person.

If so, how can he still be missing?
Many missing persons eventually turn up, and all is forgotten, and forgiven.
But articles etc, still remain on the net.
Hmm... I wonder!!

JB

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:43:55 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 12:04:11 PM »
Not 100% certain..but?

His sister went onto a site and said that she was hoping that her brother would still check out social media, and to let him know that their father died January 2015.  So, steve was missing then.(last year)  I sent a message to his sister asking if her brother still needs to be found.
JB
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:22:29 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 11:19:17 AM »
This is such a tragic mystery.

I wonder where Steve left his vehicle?

Have names been gathered, and followed up,  on passengers who took that flight?
[with a view that he may have traveled with someone, but had separate seats.]?

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 11:29:04 AM »
Nothing since 2013.   Wonder if they found him??

http://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/seguridad/nota/buscanenpuertoricoaciudadanocanadiensedesparecido-1505326/

Looking for Puerto Rican Citizen in Puerto Rico
The whereabouts of Stephen Jay Lapowich since 2011
Monday, May 6, 2013 - 4:23 PM
Updated on: May 6, 2013 - 4:29 PM
 0   (I.E. (I.E.

This content was published over 90 days

A Canadian family tries to find Stephen Jay Lapowich, a Canadian citizen who, according to a family-hired researcher, boarded a plane on March 27, 2011 for Puerto Rico, and his whereabouts are unknown.

Ron Thorne, a family-run Toronto City Expedition, moved this morning to the Police Headquarters requesting assistance in the missing persons division of the San Juan Criminal Investigations Corps to try to find Lapowich, 31 Years and about 5'8 of height. There this medium interviewed him.

According to Thorne, Lapowich left his job suddenly by March 2011 and without consulting anyone, bought a plane ticket to Costa Rica. It is unclear why, but eventually it changed its destiny and moved towards Puerto Rico, although the flight did stop in the city of Miami, Florida.

The family, residing in Toronto, does not know why Lapowich moved to Puerto Rico and claim that the young man was not in trouble in his hometown.

It also has no criminal record.

The family did not know him a sentimental partner in Canada, nor did he have children. From the day he boarded the plane - there is evidence that he bought the ticket - he has not registered activity on his bank account, his credit cards or his cell phone.

Thorne has visited the Institute of Forensic Sciences to verify if there is Lapowich's body, but the process with this agency has not yet been finalized. According to Thorne, $ 30,000 is being offered for people who offer information to help them find the young man's whereabouts. The Toronto Crime Stoppers organization also offers $ 2,000.

If you have information you can contact the telephone number 1-416-222-8477 or Thorne, who speaks Spanish, at 1-416-452-7815.

💬 See 0 comments

0   (I.E. (I.E.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 04:37:51 PM »
No mentioning by his folks that Steve's travel bags were missing, etc.
His folks just jumped right into the fact that he was missing, and that it was not like him to not phone, etc.

And why would
  His family and the Toronto Police Service are concerned for Stephen's safety and well-being.
?

I do not believe that Steve ever boarded that plane.  I believe it was an imposter.  And the imposter was a gay man.

Perhaps Mr Thorne should ask questions around the Toronto gay community.
Taking into account the recent developments of a serial killer.

Just my view on the matter.

Well worth the try even after all of these years.
Men went missing as early as 2010, in this last round.

jb

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:05:05 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 02:06:01 PM »
I still feel the same.  An imposter took that flight not Steve. I think that he had bought the tickets, but he was not the one who took the flight.

Something happened to Steve in Toronto. In my opinion. His picture should be shown in various  clubs in TO. You will find someone who remembers him. imo

Family makes appeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKLQA9M0u3Y

jb
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:45:53 PM by jellybean »