Author Topic: HOLLY BOBO, Age 20 Kidnapped Apr. 13/2011 Decatur Co., Tennessee  (Read 16960 times)

2soccermom

Re: HOLLY BOBO, Age 20 Kidnapped Apr. 13/2011 Decatur Co., Tennessee
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 05:52:24 PM »
My heart goes out to Holly's family and friends. I hope they can find some small comfort in seeing the wheels of justice begin their (slow) turn. I cannot imagine the torment all those who loved her must feel, but I hope they know that many, many people who never knew Holly are sending prayers out to them at this difficult time.
2soccermom (formerly just "soccermom" here)

Amythest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 11:46:13 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/08/us/tennessee-holly-bobo-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

CNN) -- After three years of searching, the remains of Holly Bobo have been found in Tennessee.

The 20-year-old nursing student was last seen alive in 2011. Hundreds of volunteers turned out to search for her, and her case yielded more than $450,000 in reward money offered.

Bobo's remains were found Sunday in Decatur County, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Monday night.

CNN affiliate WREG reported that hunters had found a human skull.
Suspect pleads not guilty in Bobo case

District Attorney Matt Stowe said he is "ready, willing and able to seek the death penalty in this case."

"We are going to make sure that everyone who played a part in the heinous crime that has attacked the peace and dignity of the great state of Tennessee faces a consequence for that," Stowe said Monday night.

Two men have been charged in connection with Bobo's death: Jason Wayne Autry and Zachary Adams. Both have pleaded not guilty.

Bobo's brother has told authorities he saw a man in camouflage leading Bobo away from their home in the town of Darden in April 2011. Volunteers from at least five counties searched for the student, but to no avail.

'Right hand before God, I'm innocent,' says man charged in case

SAP

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »
There was also a third man charged in the Spring; I wonder what happened with him. The 3 were a gang.

2soccermom

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
may Holly rest in peace, now that she is found.
My condolences once again go out to her loved ones.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 10:13:55 AM »
Why would Holly allow herself to be led away by one man without kicking up a fuss!! Her brother was there and saw it.

This really perplexes me!!  Did she know him?  If she didn't know him, what was his ruse to lead her into the woods?
"A friend was injured and needed help?"
I wonder ........ :o

JB

SAP

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »
He may have feigned an injury of a comrade while hunting and that is my opinion after reading the following article. In that case the men or at least one would have stalked Holly before to know she was a nursing student. Most nursing students I have known would throw caution to the wind if someone approached and asked for medical help because they are so very much tuned to help in medical crisis. Just all my opinions, of course.

http://wreg.com/2014/09/09/live-holly-bobos-family-talks-to-media/he saw Bobo following a man in hunting clothes into the woods near the family home in Darden.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 11:44:30 AM »
Yes SAP, that is what I think too.  She was lured into the woods to help someone injured.
Good point about being previously stalked.  How would they know that she was a nurse in training?

JB

SAP

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »
Exactly JB, or else there's a possibility they were all known to each other. I can't recall if all these were from the same area or lived near each other but if they didn't, then stalking prey was what the men were up to.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 11:56:20 AM »
I am sad about this case from the getgo. It is great that Holly has been found and the family can lay her to rest. What evil there is in this world, especially when a young woman who is so beautiful had her life taken by some brutally dangerous men. These guys were towering men, to want to terrorize and murder a young woman, they deserve the death penalty. I just hope there is the death penalty in Tennessee. It is horrible to think of the torture that Holly must have endured by these monsters. She is an angel now and nobody can hurt her anymore. I hope that the courts move swiftly and these perps will never breath fresh air again. My sincere prayers to Holly's loved one's. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( 

SAP

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »
Apparently there is a witness who saw the video that was taken of the torture of Holly. Now the alleged perp is scared for his life! He'll never have to go through the fears Holly went through.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-charged-holly-bobo-case-denies-video-fears-safety-n201566

SAP

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2014, 10:21:29 AM »
Thank you EWO. She sang beautifully! This brought me to tears.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2014, 10:49:24 PM »
your welcome sap it brought me to tears as well. I pray justice is served for her

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/holly-bobo-cell-phone_n_3274127.html

snippet:

Bobo's 25-year-old brother Clint has been interrogated for more than 17 hours, because he was the last person to see Holly. He recently spoke to the media for the first time about his experience, noting that he has received death threats from strangers who accuse him of killing his sister.

In Clint Bobo's recollection, the man in hunting gear was his sister's boyfriend. He told NBC's Nashville station that the couple's conversation was heated and emotional, but he thought the two were breaking up, so he didn't get involved in what turned out to be an abduction.

SAP

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 08:38:16 AM »
Here's another indepth account from Clint as to what happened that morning Holly was abducted:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/22123465/holly-bobos-brother-tells-his-side-of-the-story

Excerpt:
"Remarkably, it is Clint Bobo's role as an eyewitness that made him a suspect. Sound asleep that April day, Clint Bobo woke up to the sound of his dog barking then heard voices.

"I slightly raised the blinds and looked out this window and saw Holly," Clint Bobo said. "It appeared to be Holly kneeling down and [Holly's boyfriend] Drew. They looked like they were kneeled down, facing each other in the garage, and they were talking back and forth. Holly sounded very upset and heated. He was doing much of the talking, and she would answer back and things like that. I couldn't make out hardly any of the words. The only words I could make out from here were Holly saying, 'No, why?'"

Clint Bobo said he figured Holly and her boyfriend Drew were breaking up.

At this time, Karen Bobo called home after she heard from a neighbor that there was a scream.

It's important to note that Clint Bobo didn't hear that scream, and Karen Bobo didn't tell her son there was a scream.

They were not on the same page.

"I said, 'Clint, that's not Drew. Get a gun and shoot him.' And I remember him saying, 'You want me to shoot Drew?' So I hung the phone up again, and I think at that point I fell on the floor," Karen Bobo said.

Clint Bobo knew that Holly's boyfriend Drew was turkey hunting that morning, so he thought it was obviously Drew he saw wearing camouflage and talking with his sister. He said it appeared to be a serious conversation and maybe even a break-up talk.

"And I don't want to call 911 and say, 'My sister and her boyfriend are breaking up,'" Clint Bobo said.

So, Clint Bobo didn't act, but went to check again. This time, he saw Holly walking into the woods with the man in camouflage.

"The only thing I could see was his right arm, which was hanging down," Clint Bobo said. "I saw them up to about where those two trees are, and from that point I never saw them again."

I suppose in this case it would have been good to pick up the gun and shoot the man, however Clint wasn't even sure who it was. Something we are not used to here in Canada is picking up a gun at first signs of a problem.