Author Topic: Partial Human Remains Found | Southwold Township | April 8, 2011  (Read 9783 times)

soccermom

Re: Partial Human Remains Found | Southwold Township | April 8, 2011
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »
I forgot to add that Shedden/Southwold was the site of the 2006 Bandidos massacre (eight members of the biker gang killed). But I don't imagine there is a relation between that crime and this discovery, since the eight men were found together. Again, it would be helpful if LE could give us ANY new detail!

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 07:24:26 AM »
Soccer mom you could be on to something, the killers of those bikers lived there, this is possible to be another of their victims from a prior time , jmo

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 12:44:05 PM »
Why does it take so long to just establish how old the remains are and sex? When they found the baby in the build of the John Labatt centre in 2000 or so it was a matter of days

soccermom

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 09:05:36 PM »
I wonder the same thing, Chickapey. Perhaps the holdup is that only "partial" remains were found, and that there isn't enough to work from for identification? I'm not a forensics expert, so I don't know the minimum "data" requirements for analysis. But surely  LE would at least be able to determine how long the remains have been in their resting spot, even if age (and sex and race) of the person isn't yet determinable. Surely we should have appeals from LE to the public asking for assistance, at least? For information?

Eyes, I'm not sure. The suggestion in the media has been that these remains were found in or along or near the river. The *implication* I get is that they might have travelled from elsewhere with the water. But of course that might not have happened at all, if the remains were NOT in the water. How can the public help if we have nothing to go on? If I can ever get a bit of free time in the day, I will try to contact LE or media for an update. There are missing people from all over the place, not just Ontario, and many families who might be desperate for word.