Author Topic: Luc Joly-Durocher | 20 | Missing North Bay | March 4, 2011  (Read 49419 times)

tiger2338

• View Profile
Re: Luc Joly-Durocher | 20 | Missing North Bay | March 4, 2011
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2013, 12:29:36 PM »
Just to update.

Providing false information leads to charges.

North Bay Police have charged another woman with providing false information in relation to the Luc Joly-Durocher missing person investigation.

Jacqueline Kelly, 48, of Oak Street is alleged to have misled the ongoing police investigation by falsely accusing another person of involvement in committing a serious criminal offence in this incident.

She is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 20.

Police spokesman Ted Whittle said Kelly was charged on Friday.

“When a person is charged with public mischief it means they knowingly gave false information.”

Whittle said it takes investigators a lot of time to check and confirm information the public provides to police.

Joly-Durocher was last seen leaving Cecil's Eatery and Beer Society with friends just before midnight on March 4, 2011, after he was refused entry.

It's believed he returned to a friend's home on Sherbrooke Street. Police found the navy jacket and cellphone he had with him the night he disappeared.

Police arrested and charged a woman in February in relation to providing police with false information.

Danielle Leduc-Mitchell was sentenced to almost two years in jail followed by probation for a year for obstructing justice by giving police wrong information and public mischief for falsely implicating others by claiming Joly- Durocher was beaten to death and his body was dumped near his hometown in Temiscaming.

Joly-Durocher is described as 5-foot-8, 150 pounds with a slim build and dark curly hair. At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing braces on his upper teeth.

Anyone with information about the disappearance is asked to contact North Bay Police Service at 705-497-5555, or by email at nbpolice@northbaypolice.on.ca.

Anonymous tips are also accepted at Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or 705-476- 8477, which offers cash rewards up to $2,000. The Joly family is offering a $10,000 reward for any information that might solve the case.

j.hamilton-mccharles@sunmedia.ca

http://www.nugget.ca/2013/07/16/providing-false-information-leads-to-charges.

>:( >:(

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »
http://www.nugget.ca/2013/03/01/details-expected-to-be-released

By JENNIFER HAMILTON-MCCHARLES, The Nugget

Friday, March 1, 2013 4:41:34 EST PM 

Rob Joly will be front and centre at Monday's media conference at the North Bay Police Service station.

The father of missing Luc Joly-Durocher will be briefing local media about recent developments in his son's case.

The media conference will mark two years since Joly-Durocher went missing. He was last seen in downtown North Bay on March 4, 2011.

“It's certainly not getting any easier to deal with,” Rob Joly told The Nugget Friday.

“I don't show my emotions, but I hate March, except my daughter's birthday. Whenever I go outside I get this eerie feeling and it brings me back to the days when Luc first went missing,” he said.

“I never imagined I would still be looking for answers two years later.”

Joly said he remembers the first few days he spent frantically looking for his son.

“Those times challenged me mentally. I was so scared the police would come to my door, maybe that day will still come.”

The family is still committed to the $10,000 reward for any information on the whereabouts of Joly-Durocher.
Joly said it was his idea to hold the media conference and asked city police to help organize and attend.

“I want to tell the public how life has been for the last two years and provide some details in my son's case,” he said.

“I also want to send a direct message to those involved in my son's disappearance. There is someone out there and I'm pleading for their help.”

Joly has organized public events, conducted searches, publicly shared his personal cellphone for people to call with any information and replaced countless missing person posters throughout the downtown.

He's still waiting for information and hopes this latest plea will encourage someone to come forward.

Joly-Durocher is 5-foot-8 and weighs 190 pounds. He has dark curly short hair and braces on his upper teeth.

He was last seen wearing a dark navy American Eagle jacket, dark blue jeans and old New Balance black running shoes with green stitching.

Anyone with information is asked to call Joly at 705-499-6603.

Anyone with information about the case is urged to call the North Bay police at 705-497-5555 or Near North Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:49:57 PM by jellybean »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
Nothing has turned up yet on Luc, I think the friends need to be talked to again.  For a smaller city amazinly there is a lot of hush hush in regard to luc.  I am from North Bay orginally and all my family still live there, I scoured the banks of Chippewa creek twice for a whole day as I wasnt convinced it had been search enough with no luck. Time to go back to scratch and requestion those friend perhaps they are not such friends any more and may know something . JMO

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2015, 10:56:35 AM »
http://www.nugget.ca/2015/03/03/four-years-of-heartbreak

Four years of heartbreak
By JENNIFER HAMILTON-MCCHARLES, The Nugget

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:49:08 EST PM

You can see the pain in his eyes and can only image how much his heart must hurt.

For the last four years Rob Joly, the father of Luc Joly-Durocher, has searched for his son.

He's begged and pleaded with the public to come forward with any information about what happened to his only boy on March 4, 2011.

But despite the public campaigns and police investigations there's still no Luc.

“It's been four years of unbelievable suffering,” Joly told The Nugget. “I feel so bad for his mom and sister. I know the pain and it never goes away.”

Luc Joly-Durocher was 20 years old when he was last seen on the evening of March 4, 2011 at Cecil's Eatery and Beer Society.

Video evidence shows Joly leaving the Main Street bar, but from there, the details are unclear.

It's presumed that he returned to his friend's home on the 600 block of Sherbrooke Street. That is where North Bay Police Service found his jacket and cellphone.

Joly-Durocher's bank card was found on the 500 block of the same street by a passersby six days after he went missing.

Joly is confident that despite the time that has gone by his son's case will be solved.

“I'm confident that this case will be solved and this will be the year,” he said.

“As a parent you can never give up hope. You try to live a normal life, but you can't. I truly believe that someone in our area knows what happened.”

Marie Lugli, spokeswoman for North Bay Police Service said the case of Luc Joly-Durocher is still classified as a missing person case.

“It's an active investigation. Police are working on it on a daily basis, but there is no plan to release any further information at this time.”

The Temiscaming, Que., resident who was in North Bay visiting friends at the time of his disappearance is described as 5'8, 150 pounds with dark curly hair, slim build and braces on his upper teeth.

He was last seen wearing a dark navy American Eagle jacket, dark blue jeans and old New Balance black running shoes with green stitching.

Joly said it seems like last month he was faced with the reality of a missing child.

“But really it's been four years of suffering. When someone dies you know where they are and eventually come to terms that they are at peace. I have no peace,” he said.

“I remember when Luc first went missing and the investigating officer telling me no matter how much time passes they will still be on the case. I never imagined four years later I would still be looking for Luc.”

Joly said there have been a few setbacks in the investigation of his son.

North Bay Police Service charged two women with giving false information in relation to the missing person case.

Jacqueline Kelly, 48, of Oak Street, is alleged to have misled the ongoing police investigation by falsely accusing another person of involvement in committing a serious criminal offence in this incident.

Danielle Leduc-Mitchell was sentenced to almost two years in jail followed by probation for a year for obstructing justice by giving police wrong information, and public mischief for falsely implicating others by claiming Joly-Durocher was beaten to death and his body was dumped near his hometown in Temiscaming.

Anyone with information is asked to call Near North Crime Stoppers at 705-476-8477 or 1-800-222-8477. Tipsters remain anonymous.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2015, 06:28:18 AM »
Wow, two people misleading police.  Really?

Police need to sniff around the area again and talk to more people.  Someone does know, but maybe too addicted or afraid to open up.....

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/joly-durocher-missing-person-1.3262664

SPECIAL REPORT
North Bay police scour through more clues in Luke Joly-Durocher case

Luke Joly-Durocher has been missing from North Bay for more than 4 years
CBC News Posted: Oct 08, 2015 1:46 PM ET Last Updated: Oct 08, 2015 1:46 PM ET

North Bay police are devoting this week to checking out tips about a historical missing persons case involving Luke Joly-Durocher who was 20 when he went missing in 2011.

Now, the lead detective in the case says officers are sifting through recent tips to figure out which stem from false information and which are credible.

Joly-Durocher was last seen when he was turned away from a North Bay bar.

After his disappearance, two women were charged with making up stories about what happened to him.

One was convicted and the other is still before the courts.

Det. Const. Dave Wilson
North Bay Detective Constable Dave Wilson is investigating the missing persons case of Luke Joly-Durocher. (North Bay Police)

Detective Dave Wilson said the misinformation has made it hard to figure out which leads are legitimate.

This week, up to seven officers are sifting through new tips, Wilson said, including recent information from people who say they saw Joly-Durocher near the time he disappeared.

"But we can't confirm anything at this point, and we want to make sure any information we are releasing is believed to be credible," he said.

"The difficulty with that is that the tips come in years after the fact and they were not reported at the time and the validity of the information is always difficult to assess whether it was Luke they saw or somebody else."

Luke's father Rob Joly told CBC News he is confident police will find him.

"You know, it's my son and I can't give up. I want to do anything and everything that I can to let the public know that Luke is out there, and he's missing and we want him back," he said.

He said Luke's disappearance is uncharacteristic because his son wasn't into drugs or alcohol and always kept in touch.

Joly has put up a $10,000 reward for information.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:52:03 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2016, 09:25:58 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/joly-durocher-missing-person-1.3262664

SPECIAL REPORT
North Bay police scour through more clues in Luke Joly-Durocher case

Luke Joly-Durocher has been missing from North Bay for more than 4 years
CBC News Posted: Oct 08, 2015 1:46 PM ET Last Updated: Oct 08, 2015 1:46 PM ET

North Bay police are devoting this week to checking out tips about a historical missing persons case involving Luke Joly-Durocher who was 20 when he went missing in 2011.

Now, the lead detective in the case says officers are sifting through recent tips to figure out which stem from false information and which are credible.

Joly-Durocher was last seen when he was turned away from a North Bay bar.

After his disappearance, two women were charged with making up stories about what happened to him.

One was convicted and the other is still before the courts.

Det. Const. Dave Wilson
North Bay Detective Constable Dave Wilson is investigating the missing persons case of Luke Joly-Durocher. (North Bay Police)

Detective Dave Wilson said the misinformation has made it hard to figure out which leads are legitimate.

This week, up to seven officers are sifting through new tips, Wilson said, including recent information from people who say they saw Joly-Durocher near the time he disappeared.

"But we can't confirm anything at this point, and we want to make sure any information we are releasing is believed to be credible," he said.

"The difficulty with that is that the tips come in years after the fact and they were not reported at the time and the validity of the information is always difficult to assess whether it was Luke they saw or somebody else."

That is always a problem, people who thought they saw him, can't recall where or when, and these tips have to be followed through.
Then in this case, a liar, that makes me wonder, how many others in missing persons cases have done the same.  Anything to get their names in the papers.

It is an open field for attention seekers, taking up precious time spent by investigators , and raising hopes for the family.

quote father from reply124

Joly said it seems like last month he was faced with the reality of a missing child.

“But really it's been four years of suffering. When someone dies you know where they are and eventually come to terms that they are at peace. I have no peace,” he said.

“I remember when Luc first went missing and the investigating officer telling me no matter how much time passes they will still be on the case. I never imagined four years later I would still be looking for Luc.”

jb

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:29:24 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
Long Gone:  Thanks so much for this update.  Perhaps police are getting closer to solving this.
One thing confuses me.
quote from article

"News spread quickly through the community when North Bay police and the Surete du Quebec converged on a Boucher Street home at about 8 p.m. Tuesday."
This search is in a Temiscaming home?  Is it in Quebec?

Didn't his friends say that he told them he was returning home to Temiscaming on the night that he disappeared?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:10:30 PM by jellybean »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2016, 09:59:02 PM »
yes Jb  temiskamine is in quebec but not that far from North Bay

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2016, 12:45:58 AM »
Thanks eyes. :).. so it is not very far from NB.
Found more info on house search in Que.

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/house-searched-in-missing-man-case-318102

House searched in missing man case
"I know the search is growing and there are more police agencies involved and that there is a forensic team from Montreal that came in.” 252
Jun 15, 2016 1:36 PM by: Jeff Turl

A 14-hour search wrapped up around 10 p.m. yesterday at a home on Boucher St. in Temiscaming Que. as police looked for clues in the case of 20 year old Luke Joly-Durocher, missing since March 4, 2011.

See related story here: Family still looking for answers

The action was taken by the Surete du Quebec assisted by North Bay police.

Luke’s father Rob Joly told BayToday that he hasn’t been told the results of the search, although he does know the occupant of the house.

“I don’t have much, they’re pretty tight-lipped. I know the search is growing and there are more police agencies involved and that there is a forensic team from Montreal that came in.”

He was told that yesterday after police visited his home.

But he’s not surprised the search is extending into Quebec.

“They’ve actually been working up there for quite some time. It goes back to when Luke first went missing. They searched behind Tembec and there’s a lot of people of interest in Temiscaming. We’re gonna get answers, it’s just a matter of time. I’m confident something’s coming.”

Joly is appealing to people in the area to come forward to police.

“There are people up there that know something...that know what happened that night.”

There is a $50,000 reward that is still active as an incentive to people to come forward.

Still, Joly is happy with the communication by police, despite the slow progress.

“They keep me informed and it’s good to know they’re on our side and we’re well aware of what’s going on, but there’s not much information about what’s coming up. We’re getting first hand from the police what is happening.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Near North Crime Stoppers at 705-476-8477 or 1-800-222-8477.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2016, 04:45:05 PM »
here is a quote taken from a news article found in post #124

"Danielle Leduc-Mitchell was sentenced to almost two years in jail followed by probation for a year for obstructing justice by giving police wrong information, and public mischief for falsely implicating others by claiming Joly-Durocher was beaten to death and his body was dumped near his hometown in Temiscaming."

now we have - the latest

quote from his father-

"“They’ve actually been working up there for quite some time. It goes back to when Luke first went missing. They searched behind Tembec and there’s a lot of people of interest in Temiscaming. We’re gonna get answers, it’s just a matter of time. I’m confident something’s coming.”
(Tembec is the name of the paper mill just outside of town)

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/house-searched-in-missing-man-case-318102

Was Daniel Leduc-Mitchell just passing on a tip -?

jb
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:59:01 PM by jellybean »