Author Topic: Luc Joly-Durocher | 20 | Missing North Bay | March 4, 2011  (Read 50124 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Luc Joly-Durocher | 20 | Missing North Bay | March 4, 2011
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »
Truth I am also originally from North bay and my family is all still up there and Chippewa creek sticks with me as well.  I have walked the banks of the creeek once while up on a visit , just to look but nothing?  Perhaps all this flooding that has been going on up there around the creek may reveal something. Pray every day this young man is found.

tiger2338

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2013, 12:29:36 PM »
Just to update.

Providing false information leads to charges.http://www.nugget.ca/2013/07/16/providing-false-information-leads-to-charges.

>:( >:(

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »
http://www.nugget.ca/2013/03/01/details-expected-to-be-releasedThe family is still committed to the $10,000 reward for any information on the whereabouts of Joly-Durocher.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:49:57 PM by jellybean »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
Nothing has turned up yet on Luc, I think the friends need to be talked to again.  For a smaller city amazinly there is a lot of hush hush in regard to luc.  I am from North Bay orginally and all my family still live there, I scoured the banks of Chippewa creek twice for a whole day as I wasnt convinced it had been search enough with no luck. Time to go back to scratch and requestion those friend perhaps they are not such friends any more and may know something . JMO

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2015, 10:56:35 AM »
http://www.nugget.ca/2015/03/03/four-years-of-heartbreak

Four years of heartbreak Danielle Leduc-Mitchell was sentenced to almost two years in jail followed by probation for a year for obstructing justice by giving police wrong information, and public mischief for falsely implicating others by claiming Joly-Durocher was beaten to death and his body was dumped near his hometown in Temiscaming.

Anyone with information is asked to call Near North Crime Stoppers at 705-476-8477 or 1-800-222-8477. Tipsters remain anonymous.

j.hamilton-mccharles@sunmedia.ca

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2015, 06:28:18 AM »
Wow, two people misleading police.  Really?

Police need to sniff around the area again and talk to more people.  Someone does know, but maybe too addicted or afraid to open up.....

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/joly-durocher-missing-person-1.3262664

SPECIAL REPORT
North Bay police scour through more clues in Luke Joly-Durocher case

Luke Joly-Durocher has been missing from North Bay for more than 4 years
CBC News Posted: Oct 08, 2015 1:46 PM ET Last Updated: Oct 08, 2015 1:46 PM ET

North Bay police are devoting this week to checking out tips about a historical missing persons case involving Luke Joly-Durocher who was 20 when he went missing in 2011.

Now, the lead detective in the case says officers are sifting through recent tips to figure out which stem from false information and which are credible.

Joly-Durocher was last seen when he was turned away from a North Bay bar.

After his disappearance, two women were charged with making up stories about what happened to him.

One was convicted and the other is still before the courts.

Det. Const. Dave Wilson
North Bay Detective Constable Dave Wilson is investigating the missing persons case of Luke Joly-Durocher. (North Bay Police)

Detective Dave Wilson said the misinformation has made it hard to figure out which leads are legitimate.

This week, up to seven officers are sifting through new tips, Wilson said, including recent information from people who say they saw Joly-Durocher near the time he disappeared.

"But we can't confirm anything at this point, and we want to make sure any information we are releasing is believed to be credible," he said.

"The difficulty with that is that the tips come in years after the fact and they were not reported at the time and the validity of the information is always difficult to assess whether it was Luke they saw or somebody else."

Luke's father Rob Joly told CBC News he is confident police will find him.

"You know, it's my son and I can't give up. I want to do anything and everything that I can to let the public know that Luke is out there, and he's missing and we want him back," he said.

He said Luke's disappearance is uncharacteristic because his son wasn't into drugs or alcohol and always kept in touch.

Joly has put up a $10,000 reward for information.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:52:03 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2016, 09:25:58 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/joly-durocher-missing-person-1.3262664

SPECIAL REPORT
North Bay police scour through more clues in Luke Joly-Durocher case

Luke Joly-Durocher has been missing from North Bay for more than 4 years
CBC News Posted: Oct 08, 2015 1:46 PM ET Last Updated: Oct 08, 2015 1:46 PM ET

North Bay police are devoting this week to checking out tips about a historical missing persons case involving Luke Joly-Durocher who was 20 when he went missing in 2011.

Now, the lead detective in the case says officers are sifting through recent tips to figure out which stem from false information and which are credible.

Joly-Durocher was last seen when he was turned away from a North Bay bar.

After his disappearance, two women were charged with making up stories about what happened to him.

One was convicted and the other is still before the courts.

Det. Const. Dave Wilson
North Bay Detective Constable Dave Wilson is investigating the missing persons case of Luke Joly-Durocher. (North Bay Police)

Detective Dave Wilson said the misinformation has made it hard to figure out which leads are legitimate.

This week, up to seven officers are sifting through new tips, Wilson said, including recent information from people who say they saw Joly-Durocher near the time he disappeared.

"But we can't confirm anything at this point, and we want to make sure any information we are releasing is believed to be credible," he said.

"The difficulty with that is that the tips come in years after the fact and they were not reported at the time and the validity of the information is always difficult to assess whether it was Luke they saw or somebody else."

That is always a problem, people who thought they saw him, can't recall where or when, and these tips have to be followed through.
Then in this case, a liar, that makes me wonder, how many others in missing persons cases have done the same.  Anything to get their names in the papers.

It is an open field for attention seekers, taking up precious time spent by investigators , and raising hopes for the family.

quote father from reply124

jb

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:29:24 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
Long Gone:  Thanks so much for this update.  Perhaps police are getting closer to solving this.
One thing confuses me.
quote from article

"News spread quickly through the community when North Bay police and the Surete du Quebec converged on a Boucher Street home at about 8 p.m. Tuesday."
This search is in a Temiscaming home?  Is it in Quebec?

Didn't his friends say that he told them he was returning home to Temiscaming on the night that he disappeared?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:10:30 PM by jellybean »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2016, 09:59:02 PM »
yes Jb  temiskamine is in quebec but not that far from North Bay

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2016, 12:45:58 AM »
Thanks eyes. :).. so it is not very far from NB.
Found more info on house search in Que.

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/house-searched-in-missing-man-case-318102

House searched in missing man case
Jun 15, 2016 1:36 PM by: Jeff Turl

A 14-hour search wrapped up around 10 p.m. yesterday at a home on Boucher St. in Temiscaming Que. as police looked for clues in the case of 20 year old Luke Joly-Durocher, missing since March 4, 2011.

See related story here: Family still looking for answers

The action was taken by the Surete du Quebec assisted by North Bay police.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2016, 04:45:05 PM »
https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/house-searched-in-missing-man-case-318102

Was Daniel Leduc-Mitchell just passing on a tip -?

jb
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:59:01 PM by jellybean »