Author Topic: Luc Joly-Durocher | 20 | Missing North Bay | March 4, 2011  (Read 54534 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Luc Joly-Durocher | 20 | Missing North Bay | March 4, 2011
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
This answers some of our questions that we have about who he went with  to Cecil's

http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3025417

Family of missing man looking for answers
By JENNIFER HAMILTON-McCHARLES The Nugget

Updated 4 months ago

Grainy images from surveillance cameras are all a family has to go on as they search for their missing son.

Luc Joly-Durocher was recorded leaving Cecil's Eatery and Beer Society in downtown North Bay March 4 at 11:54 p.m.

"He was at Cecil's with three other friends," his father, Robert Joly, said Monday afternoon. "The images show Luc at the doorway and he was the last one in the group to come in through the door."

He said the images show Joly-Durocher talking with the bouncer. Joly-Durocher was refused entry to the bar.

"You see the bouncer opening the door for him and then he walks out."

Joly said the outside cameras recorded Joly-Durocher leaving Cecil's and walking west on Main Street.

"That was the last time he was seen," said his father. "This is completely out of the ordinary for him."

North Bay police spokesman Ted Whittle said the criminal investigation unit has taken over the investigation.

Police are not releasing any other information.

Joly is pleading with the public for any information on his son's whereabouts.

"It's Day 10 today. Nobody disappears without a trace. Somebody has to know something," he said. "I don't know what else to do. We've went on every lead. I feel there's nothing more I can do."

Joly-Durocher lives in Temiscaming, Que., but was in North Bay March 4 visiting friends.

Joly said he spent last Friday night searching the downtown area. He's looked in countless garbage cans, creeks and alleys.

"We've done foot searches in the snow and rain. As soon as I wake up this nightmare comes back to me and every time the telephone rings my heart skips a beat."

Joly said cellphone records from his son's phone show he was the last person his son texted.

"It was around 8:54 p.m. on that Friday and Luc told me he was going to need a ride back to Temiscaming (Saturday)," he said.

Joly said his son's bank account wasn't touched after March 4 when he withdrew $20.

Luc was last seen wearing a dark navy American Eagle jacket, dark blue jeans and old New Balance black running shoes with green stitching.

"Luc also has a scar on his right wrist and wears a bracelet. He's also never clean shaven."

jhamilton-mccharles@nugget.ca

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:02 AM »
With such a small area to cover, it might be worth it to the family to cover the area with the technology some have to detect human bodies from aerial or close by. The type of technology used in earth quakes, etc. It is out there.

My first gut feeling is wondering if let's say he was intoxicated and he took a rest in a crevice. Or, if it was crowded streets did he hit on someone and they go home together? If he had been drinking or so did he go back to the source to get more?

Why didn't one of his friends stay with him. It would seem to me that if not all of them got into the gig, at least one good friend would stay with their friend. Was wondering what the story was on that. What did he tell his friends he would do that they felt it ok to just let him leave by himself?

And, the next question would be is if there is any problem with the bouncers in the area. I've heard of stories where they will let a group in and not let one, then the one gets stranded....perhaps purposively. Remember that girl in the U.S. at a concert? She never made it home either.

Regarding the coat, did he have it on when he was turned away at the door?  Sometimes kids will leave coats behind if they feel they don't have to walk far. If he was without a coat walking home in real cold weather that puts a different slant on things. Or, if he left with his coat and his coat was at his friend's house, then we know he at least got to the home. If so, could he have had alcohol poisoning or something and maybe passed away and the friends when they returned home panic? 

Also, what was he like when he got inebriated? Did he feel he had super powers. Angry? Sad? Suicidal?  The reason asked, is that if I try to put myself in his shoes, I might be a little sore that my friends left me behind.  Could he have tried to 1) re-enter the bar later and see if he got the same treatment? 2) Try a different place? 3) Think oh f them and try to walk home or find a way home (since his last text was to his dad saying that he would be needing a ride home...wondering if leaving and going home was on his mind and if he tried heading that way) hitchhiking and got in the wrong car?  Why was he visiting the friends? Did he had no one and then the drinks make that feeling larger than life to the point of desperation?  Could he have been so drunk that he left the house again, but it was too cold..and when he realized it he was under some trees or bushes trying to get warm? 

Just some questions.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:04:36 AM by Concerned »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 07:13:07 AM »
The first article states the police are looking for Luc....last seen wearing a navy coloured coat.   But then it states that Luc's coat and phone were found in the apt.  So, he returned after being denied access into the bar.
Then it says his bank card was found a block away.       
He had returned to his buddy's house on Sherbrooke, but gone before buddies came home from the bar?   All the friends came back to Sherbrooke house together?
If that is the case, and all his friends were together, and accounted for....then perhaps someone in the area tried to rob him and it went terribly wrong.     I would think that if all was well with Luc, when he was refused entry into the bar, he would just text Dad to come get him....and he didn't.   And if he planned to walk back to the bar with his ID, he would've been wearing his coat and taking his cell with him (March in North Bay is cold)....it didn't happen.
The area he was in looks to be a mix of commercial, residential and industrial.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 10:28:15 AM »
I will try and find the tid bit in an article and post it, but it went something like this. "The friends assumed that Luc went back home that night."

Now, how could they assume that he left for home, when his coat and cell phone were right there in the apartment! Right there in front of their faces?

Dunno? hmmmm ???

JB

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
Lots in these accounts of the last night Luc was seen...just don't add up, in my eyes.   I wonder if his buddies took lie detector tests.   If Luc's coat and cell phone were at the apt.....the guys should have known he wouldn't leave for home (Quebec) without them, not in March and not without his cell.   Why, for crying out loud, did they assume he had left?   Just not normal, most people would start puzzling over the left behind items.  I know I keep saying it, but his coat should NOT have been left behind, not in the winter.   And not many young people go far without their phone.
 I cannot believe there is not more answers in this disappearance, unless the cops are just keeping it under wraps...

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »
I just hope they police are not letting the friends aliby each other and they have checked into that.  What kind of friends go into the bar and leave one out on their own.  Sorry but would have to say they are not really friends cause you just don't do that to friends in North Bay, I know I grew up in the area , friends stick together.  Something is fishy with this I say.

Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 12:48:22 PM »
Time Line:

March 4th 2011http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay....true&e=3025417http://www.lukejoly.com/News.html

March 5th 2011http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay....true&e=3038529

March 7th 2011

Family reported Joly-Durocher missing

March 10th 2011

A passerby found Joly-Durocher bankcard six days after he went missing. The card was located on the 500 block of Sherbrooke Street, which is near 683 Sherbrooke St

March 19th 2011

Police officers swept the eastern portion of the city's downtown Saturday for clues related to the disappearance of Luc Joly-Durocher.

http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay....true&e=3035486http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay....true&e=3038529

April 2011http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3174015

June 16th 2011http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3174015

------

I have found a webcam that directly faces Cecil's eatery and beer society, I'm going to contact the city hall and see if they archive that footage and if they can pull up the night of March 4th. If someone in North Bay would go to city hall and inquire in person we can get an answer much faster.

Bay-Cam Motion Camera 2
5th Floor View Facing Lake Nipissing (at City Hall)

http://www.cityofnorthbay.ca/living/...n.asp?camera=2

Cam 2 is facing along the way that Joly-Durocher would have walk to get back to the friends place; It's cam 2 - McIntyre St. East

http://www.northbayimmigration.ca/FE...s/default.aspx
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:18:13 PM by Deeds »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 03:10:05 PM »
Deed, EXCELLENT WORK, thanks so much.  I have a question for you, where is the Voyageur Inn. Is it on Sherbrooke? The link you provided no longer works.

Thanks.

JB

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »
why was the search at Chippewa Creek not followed through??  The Voyageur is pretty far from there, you wouldn't walk that far, its not downtown. 
I heard from friends in North Bay that he got into an arguement with some guy at the bar over a girl and that he didnt get kicked out by bouncers..  You have to be basically crawling on all fours before you get kicked out of a bar in North Bay.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 08:04:10 PM »
Luc may have run into the person that he had the argument with. Why would he leave without his coat if he let on his own. Why would he leave without his coat and his cell phone. Of course, if he was intoxicated, people do strange things. And it is strange that his bank card was found on the street. Hard to know what to think here. People do get disoriented when they are intoxicated and anything could have happened to him. I stress once again, people should stick with their friends when they go out for an evening and don't separate from them. So many have gone missing when they just went out for a night on the town. :o :o :o :o :o

Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »
Maps of North Bay

Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 01:55:57 PM »
more photos

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 02:14:23 PM »
Wasn't his bank card found on Main Street?  if you look at Deeds map you will see Mooses Big Game Sports Bar on Main. Did he perhaps go there? He was captured on video being refused entry into the Cecil.  Was the bank card found around Mooses?

JB

Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »
This is an interview from a local news channel in North Bay, the interview is with Joly-Durocher father. According to his father Joly-Durocher was seen in the surveillance video at Cecil's Eatery and Beer Society wearing his jacket which was later found at the home he was staying at on march 4th 2011 the night he went missing along his cellphone.

http://youtu.be/1_QQ7bVJsCc

--------
Jellybean,

From what i've read the area the card was found was near/behind the public library on located on the 500 block of Sherbrooke Street, which is near 683 Sherbrooke St (the home he was staying at)

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
Well, it appears to me that these "friends" are withholding the answer to the puzzle. Is it possible that Luc dropped his card when heading home, perhaps he went via back of the library?  Is that possible Deeds. I  Do not know the area. Could you pretty please put up a map as to Library and friends home for us??  Thanks in advance Deeds. 

JB