Author Topic: Vincent Allen Greene - Missing since August 16, 1989  (Read 13542 times)

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
Re: Vincent Allen Greene - Missing since August 16, 1989
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:45 AM »
Were there bogs, swamps, along any part of his walk that he may have taken?

JB, there arent many swamps/bogs in that area but there are lots of cliffs, crags, fissures.

The area borders on the Bay of Fundy, and what I am reading above indicates he was right near the warf/bridge which has a tidal river/inlet there.

Lots of soft silty mud in that area but the bridge is easily 20 meters bove the water. I will post an image of the area shortly depicting where the bridge is. I have no idea the importance of the bridge, I have just seen the posts about it above.

MOD: Attached PDF with image from google earth, arrow indicating bridge
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:36:01 AM by GSAR_Mbr »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
Possibly, that is where he ran into misfortune.  Unfortunately the family will always wonder.
I have never been to the Maritimes, but have learned a bit about the Bay of Fundy.

I think that when we as humans, become familiar with our outdoor environment, we take our safety for granted  and forget about its' individual  hazzards and dangers.

peace
jb

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 06:03:09 AM »
I have never been to the Maritimes, but have learned a bit about the Bay of Fundy.
JB, I have lived in NB all my life and spent all last summer working right on the bay of fundy, I have seen its tides change on a dime, twist a set of steel stair to the point where it took 2 men using mechanical advantage to unjam them from the edge of the concrete block they sit on. The bay of fundy is not something to mess with.

I think that when we as humans, become familiar with our outdoor environment, we take our safety for granted  and forget about its' individual  hazzards and dangers.
I agree fully, people always take and get too used to our environment we dont pay attention to the dangers anymore which we used to.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent Allen Greene

Height: 5' 8"
  Hair: Brown
  Body Type: Medium
  Weight: 165 lbs
  Eyes: Green
 Date Last Seen: August 16, 1989 

On August 16,1989 Vince went out to look for the dog, and never came home. He went missing from the area surrounding the Mispec Bridge in NB.  Please contact the Saint John Police at 506-648-3200 with any information you may have to his disappearance.

Thank you The Green Family.

http://www.missingcanadians.ca/MissingPeopleInfo.html

BlackRoses

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 02:35:33 AM »
Just thought I'd copy and paste this quote from GSAR_Mbr, it was originally posted in Lionel Daigle's case in Dec of 2011, but since it's referring to Vincent Greene, and I didn't see the information already here I thought it might be wise to add it. I apologise GSAR, if I'm stepping on your toes or there's a reason it isn't here that I'm unaware of. Please feel free to remove it if this is inappropriate.

Note also the Vincent Green Case in Saint John NB... His dog also came back and the whole area was scoured top to bottom... there was a report some year or two later that a co-worker of Mr. Green was shopping in the States and was 100% sure they saw Mr. Green, called out, the gentleman turned and then vanished into the crowd.

GSAR_Mbr

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »
I had heard this previously but have never felt it really means anything one way or the other, other than the fact that it would no doubt have been highly upsetting to his family if they also heard it.  I have never been too impressed with individuals who claim to be "100% sure" of anything - there is always room for error, particularly in a crowd.

I believe it is a natural reaction, in a crowd, that if you hear someone call out, you will probably turn to see what is going on whether or not you believe that person is actually speaking to you directly.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
Even thought this case wasnt one that I was involved in it still sits with me as I know the area from visiting it many times growing up as a kid.

This is one of the few cases for a missing person that I wasnt involved in that I would love to dig deeper into and figure out what really happened that day.

GSAR_Mbr

sheri.richard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »
I'm at ease as long as the police back there know where to find me if anything is ever found.  It's a downside to being a military wife.  As far as the guy in Maine goes, (and the actor/newscaster too) He looks remarkably similar, but it's not my dad.  We have family along the border, too, so there are plenty of cousins who could pass for brothers.  The gossip was crazy at the time.  I remember the prank calls, the maliciousness, but I also remember the kindness and generosity of spirit.

Thank you, everyone.

Even thought this case wasnt one that I was involved in it still sits with me as I know the area from visiting it many times growing up as a kid.

This is one of the few cases for a missing person that I wasnt involved in that I would love to dig deeper into and figure out what really happened that day.

GSAR_Mbr