Author Topic: Vincent Allen Greene - Missing since August 16, 1989  (Read 13502 times)

sheri.richard

• View Profile
Vincent Allen Greene - Missing since August 16, 1989
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »
My father, Vincent Allen Greene vanished from Red Head, near Mispec, in Saint John, New Brunswick, on August 16, 1989.  After an exhaustive search by professionals and volunteers, nothing was ever found.  If anyone has any information, please contact the Saint John Police at 506-648-3333.

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Vincent Allen Greene - Missing since August 16, 1989
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »
Sheri, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you will find answers soon. I'm going to post a few items I found in hopes that it too may start conversation for Vincent.  Is there any information about Vincent's disappearance you can share with us as a starting point?

Vincent Allen Greene

Height: 5' 8"
  Hair: Brown
  Body Type: Medium
  Weight: 165 lbs
  Eyes: Green
  Date Last Seen: August 16, 1989   

On August 16,1989 Vince went out to look for the dog, and never came home. He went missing from the area surrounding the Mispec Bridge in NB.  Please contact the Saint John Police at 506-648-3200 with any information you may have to his disappearance.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:51:58 PM »
I'm sorry about your father, I hope this can be sovled soon.

sheri.richard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 02:27:10 AM »
Thanks folks.

It was a very, very long time ago.  He was 39.  The bay of Fundy was about 1/4 of a mile away, through the woods.  My folks never fought, that I knew.  I was only 12.  I don't think there's much of anything anyone can _do_ to investigate, but it'd be great if there were a dna databank, somewhere, that cared.  Far as I know, there's not.  I don't think they ever took any, from any of us, even his father.  I know that I'll probably NEVER have a body to bury.  That's ok, if it's meant to be.  If a guy out chasing deer during hunting season should stumble across some bones though, it would be nice of him to call the police, or at least Google "Mispec missing person." 

Thanks for providing a forum!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 02:14:01 AM »
Hey Sheri, have you spoken to police about this in a while? Got an update or anything?

It's pretty sad, I am 39 now and makes me wonder how much life your father still had to live. It would be great if the police gave you some clues as to what they believe happened that day. I am sure they investigated everything that went on in his life shortly before going missing. It might be helpful to you, and should be informative.

sheri.richard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »
Every once in awhile I'll read the newspapers from back home online.  When they find a body anywhere in the area, I sometimes send off a quick e-mail to be sure they still have contact information for us.  The last time I did that was late last year.

As far as staying in contact with the police, that's all I can do.  I ended up married to an army guy, so we end up moving about every 5 years, or so.

Thanks again for your time.

amIam

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
Sheri, thinking of the area where you father disappeared. I am from the just east of the Saint John area of which you spoke, Redhead/ Mispec.  You mentioned your home was about a quarter mile from the Bay of Fundy.  Everywhere along that coastline is very rugged, filled with fissures and crevasses and at times sheer drops from the cliffs above to the water that may or may not be at high tide.

I understand that over the years a number of people have come to bad ends in that particular area..some discovered, deceased haven  fallen into fissures, and some never ever found.  The terrain is very, very rugged.

I am so sorry your father is missing for all this time. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 04:15:30 PM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Sheri. It sure is a long time and no word on your dad and what happened to him. And the fact there is so much water around there, but this was summer. I am just wonder and maybe it was noted, but did the dog ever return home? Did anyone ever see him that day after he left home?? Were there any buildings around there at all or was it totally a wooded area. It is strange that nothing was ever found, because he did get lost during warm weather. It must be very fraustrating to never know what has happened to him. I do hope at some time you will get some answers. :o :o :o :o :o

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 05:01:29 PM »
I am also curious as to whether or not the dog returned home.

amIam

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
I believe the dog did return..read it years ago, cannot provide a link as all are inactive from the media.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 04:36:01 PM »
If Sheri reads this she will no doubt verify whether or not its true, but it has always been my understanding that yes, the dog did return home about fifteen minutes after Mr. Greene had gone looking for it.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 10:36:19 AM »
That is really strange, especially if the dog returned within 15 minutes, that is a very short time. It is almost like he there may have been a vehicle involved, especially if he had walked on a road, he could have been struck by a vehicle.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 09:22:34 AM »
I wasnt personally involved in this event nor have I had a chance to look back into this search's records. I would note however that at the Time River Valley Ground Search & Rescue(the local team) had approximatly 80 active members. Many of which were out on this search, with police officers also searching.

The Army was also inlisted to assist with the search in an effort to locate Mr. Greene.

The details I have so far are very limited and I as "AmIAm" noted can not find news articles regarding this search/the disappearance of Vincent Allen Greene. If any one has Factual Details please post them as I am very interested in this File.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »
Just an addition the only thing I have located online so far is a file with the "Doe Network"
Thanks to another memebers post I found the attached Item.

*I created it into a PDF hopefully the admins of the Doe Network will not mind
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:19:20 PM by GSAR_Mbr »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »
Many questions arise.
What did he do for a living?

Did he have many friends, colleagues? or was he more of a "lone type of guy"?

Was he despondant or anxious about anything?

When the dog returned, after 15 minutes, was the dog wet, muddy?

Were there bogs, swamps, along any part of his walk that he may have taken?

PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:17:01 AM by jellybean »