Author Topic: Marie Lynn Lasas - September 21, 2006 - Age 19 - Murdered - Saskatoon  (Read 13464 times)

Desespere

Marie Lynn LASAS
Date Last Seen: 2006-09-21
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Age: 19 Years Old Date of Birth: 1987-06-05 Race: Aboriginal Descent Gender: Female Height: 160 cm (5'3") Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs) Hair Color: Red and Black, Long, Straight Eye Color: Brown Distinguishing Features: Tattoo of a star on right upper arm Clothing Worn at time of disapearance: White head band, black jacket, and black jeans File #: 2006-104349 Agency: Saskatoon Police Service Additional Information:
On the 21st of September, 2006, Marie LASAS left her uncle?s residence in Saskatoon, SK at approximately 11:00 p.m. to walk home and has not been seen since.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:48:19 PM by Desespere »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Marie Lynn Lasas - Unsolved Murder - Saskatoon, SK - 2006
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:34:02 PM »
This is now a murder investigation.

http://www.newstalk980.com/index.php?p=ntnews&action=view_story&id=9240

You may remember a shocking discovery in the backyard of a home in June

A decomposed body of a woman was found along 33rd street west.

Now, Saskatoon Police tell us it's a murder case.

Police say the decomposed body was that of 19 year old Marie Lasas.

Lasas was last seen leaving a friend's home along Avenue H South on September 24th of last year.

No cause of death has been released.  Police had to use dental records to identify the body.

Gerald Bauman reporting

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:23:49 AM »
There is something odd about this murder. It seems like it was dumped in a backyard! I wonder if it was buried?

But yeah, I think there is too many unsolved murders there to not consider a SK a reality.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:06:05 AM »
From the CBC

Saskatoon police say they're now investigating a homicide after confirming that human remains found on the west side of the city belong to a young woman who had been missing for more than 10 months.

Marie Lasas, 19, the mother of two children, was last seen leaving a friend's house in the 600 block of Avenue H on Sept. 21.

Marie Lasas, 19, was the mother of two children.
(CBC) She was supposed to go to a relative's house, but she never made it.

Her body was found June 30 in the 200 block of 33rd Street W., about three kilometres northeast of where she had last been seen. The body was found under some wooden pallets.

The remains were positively identified through dental records with help from the University of Saskatchewan's College of Dentistry, and the Department of Archeology's forensic identification lab.

No one has been charged or arrested.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2007/07/19/woman-homicide.html

sasksfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:44:52 AM »
I knew this young lady very well, and I know she had not done anything wrong or spiteful to anybody, as she was the most caring honest person you could ever meet. I will miss her very deeply, and she will be forever in my heart. And to the person or persons who commited this heinuous crime against my Sweet Marie, justice will be served and may you die ten thousand deaths.

RIP

Marie Lynn Lasas
"Sweet Marie"

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 02:46:48 PM »
Thanks sasksfinest,

It really is a terrible thing when a person cannot just walk home without being murdered. I am really sorry about your friend, it is heartbreaking to hear when this happens, I am just glad she was discovered to bring her family closure.

It seems Saskatoon has many simular cases the past few years. Are you in that area? Do people think perhaps a serial killer is out there or something like that?

I notice not much is ever written about the subject in Saskatchewan.

Nice to meet you sasksfinest.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:18:52 PM »

Sask,
Thankyou for writing in. I am glad your friend was found. It provides some sort of closure, but I also realize, the killers of so many women need to be caught, for any finalty. Memories live on, and those we have to keep. Keep yours close to your heart, and may who ever did this to her, I hope the sucker is caught soon.

Adrian  :'(

sasksfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »
Hi-

No I do not live in the area, fortunetly I moved far away from the dangerous streets of Saskatoon, SK. I wouldn't call Maries lifestyle highrisk, but the area she resided in and hungout in was highrisk.

twisten

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 03:27:10 PM »
Sorry to hear about your friend sasksfinest.  Hopefully the police will be able to solve it.  I think just about everywhere now is becoming high risk areas whether it be small rural towns or large cities.  Crime just seems to be everywhere now.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »
Hi-

No I do not live in the area, fortunetly I moved far away from the dangerous streets of Saskatoon, SK. I wouldn't call Maries lifestyle highrisk, but the area she resided in and hungout in was highrisk.

It kind of suprising then that there is not more urgency on this case. A person who goes missing and then is found dead in place where she was obviously moved is quite friethening. I hope the police have some solid leads, i am sure they do.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Marie Lynn Lasas - September 21, 2006 - Age 19 - Murdered - Saskatoon
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 01:24:41 AM »
I Would Like To SAy, That I Am Very Sorry  About What Happened...:(

Thanks for the post. Do you know anything more about this case?

lesley lasas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »
this was my #1 sister we were a year and six days apart she was my older sister n she died for no reas0n n what really getz me mad is tyhe cops wont even tell me or my family how she died it is closure that she was found but id rather b where we were when she was missing atleast i had a feeling that id hopefully see her again then imagining how she died n if she was scared or what or who could do such a thing there had to b a g0od reas0n why....s0meday this crazy pers0n will b f0und i kno the cops must b gettin cl0ser to findin her murdererbecuz they wont tell us anythin as app0sed to her death incase the killer finds out that he'lln b caught s0on thanx for settin up this site it lets me kn0 that somebody who didnt even kno my sister is 0ut there n cares
 sincerely lesley dawn lasas :-\

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 09:09:29 PM »

Hi Lesley, and welcome to the site. I'm so sorry for what you and your family have gone through with the death of your sister. You'll find that everyone on this site cares for the murdered and missing, that is why we are here. I hope the answers that you need will come soon so that you can find peace and closure.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »
I'm very sorry about your sister. I am sure the police are still investigating this. It is clear someone tried to hid what happened.

but do keep asking the police about the case, even if they cannot give you certain info, it does help when the police know the family is still expecting answers.

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »
Lesley, please know that there are a lot of people and various organisations out there that pray for resolutions for the murders of our family & friends who are missing and murdered.  We are building strong networks and various governments agencies are finally listening to the topics raised by such groups in regards to missing and murdered people.  I am glad, as Marie's sister, you have posteda and joined this site.  Please continue to share your thoughts and feelings ... you will find support here!
 :)