Author Topic: Cape Breton Crime Stoppers  (Read 20861 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Cape Breton Crime Stoppers
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:44:38 PM »
www.capebretoncrimestoppers.ca

You can report a crime on the web or you can call at 562-8477 on the Island only 1-800 222-8477

you can submit a tip to Cape Breton Crimestoppers via text messaging from their cell phone. Your Identity is secured and encrypted "TEXT "CB902 plus your tip" to 274637 (CRIMES). Any individual with knowledge of a crime and you want the police to have that information without idntifying yourself call me. Joe Savoy Cape Breton Island Crime
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:50:16 PM by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:45:29 PM »
When contacting crime stoppers, your identity will never be revealed. No one will ever know it is you. Please call!!!

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:16:31 AM »
NS crimestoppers number

1 - 800 - 222 - 8477 (TIPS)

You ARE guaranteed anonymity. IF someone from crimestoppers should ever ask for your name dont give it to them but call back another day. They are not supposed to ask for your name. You are given a number to collect the reward if, you so choose to collect.

The Big reward $150,000 through the govt' you are required to give a name to get that big reward, or at least part of it. I think people are getting the 2 confused.

from the crimstoppers NS website
http://crimestoppers.ns.ca/about/anonymity-guaranteed/PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you if have information that can solve ANY case on this forum, PLease call crime stoppers. !!!!!!!! it is anonymous

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:21:25 AM by whispersoftly »

capebretoncrimestoppers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 01:17:44 PM »

There are two Crimestoppers offices in Nova Scotia Halifax is www.crimestoppers.ns.ca and Cape Breton Island is www.capebretoncrimestoppers.ca

You can report a crime on the web or you can call at 562-8477.  On the Island only 1-800 222-8477 (TIPS) will get you www.capebretoncrimestoppers.ca if you call this number on the mainland you will reach www.crimestoppers.ns.ca

you can submit a tip to Cape Breton Crimestoppers via text messaging from their cell phone. Your Identity is secured and encrypted TEXT;CB902 plus your tip; to 274637 (CRIMES). Any individual with knowledge of a crime and you want the police to have that information without idntifying yourself call me. Joe Savoy Cape Breton Island Crime

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 03:27:27 PM »
This is an excellent reminder you guys.  It's too bad so much corruption in CBRM has caused so much distrust and fear, that people consider crimestoppers "a joke" about many things.  I do know it is on the level as far as local crime, drugs, etc. go,

but when it comes to very serious crime in which powerful people are involved, folks in Cape Breton are not going to risk even an anonymous call.  I wish some of the "clean cops" would get together and take down the bad apples who have been untouchable for years.... then the police, and the province will get all the help they need to make Nova Scotia a model province.  It's heartbreaking to see good cops out there risking their lives every day, and the bad ones sitting back protected
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:07:17 PM by lostlinganer »

Blair Hibbs

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
I am at a loss its long over due to stand up to these criminal thugs wearing a badge! I am home often and am often pulled over , I guess they are trying to intimidate me? It is and will never work I studied the law, the criminal code of Canada and my rights.... When I have the solid facts to take them down watch and see I will!
I would never back down and cannot get my head around those that see and have facts not coming forward? I know the responses I will get to this but if you never stand up in my opinion your just as guilty!
B.

capebretoncrimestoppers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »
I think all the tainted badges around here are expected to die before being "exposed" Blair.  I'm sure they convince their families it is for their sake/s;  but we know otherwise.  They are not trying to protect their pensions and savings for their families;  they are trying to protect themselves from the cons in Dorchester.  They are all counting on salvaging their souls with "death bed confessions".  I wonder what priest or theologist led them to believe that is possible.  All the donations in the basket at the churches, and all the money in Rome won't save them.  .... they are destined for hell in a handbasket.  At least we can stand before our maker when the time comes.  Those guys won't get past the spirits of those they harmed and killed.  I wish "Clayton's song" would hit the net, musicians, Sheldon Aucion and Jamie Foulds, summed it up for what it is.

Blair Hibbs

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 04:33:32 PM »
I will do that CapeBretoncrimesstoppers Looking forward to it!!
Lostlinganer I heard Claytons song it is awesome!! Sheldon did an incredible job!!  I am not giving up hope that I can get the crooked "thugs" with a badge in the next several months!!! The ball is in full steam ahead...There is no stopping me now....ALL obstacles are out of my way!! I hope I can blow the lid off the vile corruption and perhaps get Justice for Clayton and Melvie Parsons just to name a few........
Chin up dear :)....you right one way or another they pay in this life or the next...there is an old saying "misery loves company"....I guess will have his "cronies" some already joined him and some are on their way!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:36:58 AM by Chris »

NovaScot

• View Profile
Re: Cape Breton Crime Stoppers
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »
Hi everyone, I see there are people here familiar with crime stoppers. How are the values of the rewards decided? Are they based on the seriousness of the charges laid against the person caught? The speediness of the capture?

The reason I ask is, I work with a fellow who wants the big $2,000 for the information he has. Apparently he knows where a person is hiding and that he plans to leave the province in about a week. He doesn't think it's worth his while to go through the process if he's only going to get $50. I tried to get him to tell me so I could just drop an email off etc. But he's still trying to profit from the info.

So long story short, this person is hiding and he's wanted for breach of probation and the probation was for drug and weapon possession. From what I was told he is facing 6 months in jail for his crimes then whatever they tack on for breach of probation. Does this qualify for a large reward and if it doesn't should I try to convince my co-worker that I "found out" it is a big reward in order to get this person off the streets?

Thanks for any info you guys can offer.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 04:13:08 AM »
Dunno. No dog in the fight so it's rather easy for me to offer some general thoughts:

To me, Crime Stoppers was not set up simply so people could profit from the information they hold. No, to me it was set up to protect identity and to perhaps coax said information out of people by making it worth their while for the potential time they might have to give up in order to help. No doubt this sometimes seems like a raw deal for the person with the info. I'm hoping someone involved with Crime Stoppers can correct me if I am wrong.

Personally, I find it difficult to even think someone might worry more about the cash than they would about this person continuing a life of crime and about potential victims. And to me, that makes your co-worker culpable in any crimes this person commits while he sits and waits. But I guess some people have more the red side of their conscience speaking than the white - I know I wouldn't be able to live with that secret.

That brings up another point: perhaps your mate is talking to you because his conscience is bothering him? I'd suggest going to him with the above. You don't want to create potential trouble for yourself by dropping a dime to the cops on him...but then again you are obviously feeling conflicted in your own right, and he is the one who started that ball rolling for you. If "justice" is that important to you I would have a clear and concise conversation with the dude about his responsibilities. And you might also want to think about talking to the cops yourself. That has to be the least palatable of the options available but has to be considered - I know I wouldn't want to work with someone this dishonest. But that's me.

Good luck.

Nish

NovaScot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply Nish, he isn't a "mate" just someone who works in the same building as me. He used to be a "bad ass" and doesn't mind telling people about it. So I guess he is just one of those people who brags about anything, even if it isn't an accomplishment.

After reading your post I want to turn both of them in now. There must be a law stating "if you know the whereabouts of a fugitive and keep quite, you're an accessory to whatever they do next" or something along those lines.

I'll talk to this fool at work and see if I can straighten his outlook a bit.

Thanks again.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 04:31:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply Nish, he isn't a "mate" just someone who works in the same building as me. He used to be a "bad ass" and doesn't mind telling people about it. So I guess he is just one of those people who brags about anything, even if it isn't an accomplishment.

We all know one...or perhaps several...of those. It's wise to keep it in mind.

After reading your post I want to turn both of them in now. There must be a law stating "if you know the whereabouts of a fugitive and keep quite, you're an accessory to whatever they do next" or something along those lines.

It's an interesting moral dilemma you have. If I was in your shoes, considering what you've said about him above, I would be careful and use tact. Try reasoning with him. "50 bucks is 50 bucks more than you had in the morning" or "Hey, at least it's tax free" (I think...)

I'll talk to this fool at work and see if I can straighten his outlook a bit.

Not taking anything away from you, but I would be careful here. Morally and ethically it might be within your prerogative to say something to this dude, but it is not your fault nor is it your responsibility to calibrate his moral compass. I ain't scared of much but I do know that it's stupid to go kicking beehives.

As said, I think you have an interesting situation on your hands. I would always try tact first.

Nish

NovaScot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 05:07:22 AM »
All good points, I was writing fairly brashly but in my workplace I would have to use sense and like you said, "hey 50 bucks is 50 bucks" I could use that as my mindset.

I'll see what I can do.

capebretoncrimestoppers

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 09:17:36 AM »
Cape Breton Island Crimestoppers www.capebretoncrimestoppers.ca
Sydney office

Nova Scotia Crimestoppers www.crimestoppers.ns.ca
Halifax office

Web sites will answer a lot of questions. You can still call and we will answer your questions. We are a non-profit orgainization, with limited funding. We work on the principle that you might have information that you feel police should have, but if you get involved you feel you might be in some danger. Crime Stoppers are there to protect the callers identity. A large amount of these callers are not interested in receiving any money they just want to help make their community a better place to live. We pay out to tipsters up to $2000  Crime stoppers maxium payout) for the most serious of crimes if they lead to an arrest. If you have any other questions email them to me at sydney@capebretoncrimesstoppers.ca