Author Topic: Alessia SCHEPP & Livia SCHEPP - Age 8 - Missing - January 30, 2011  (Read 15811 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Twins missing after Toronto-born man dies in Italy
Last Updated: Saturday, February 5, 2011 | 9:46 PM ET
CBC News

A search is on in Europe for six-year-old twin girls who went missing after their Toronto-born father's body was found at a southern Italian train station.

Matthias Schepp, 43, and his daughters Alessia and Livia had been living in Switzerland, freelance reporter Megan Williams told CBC News.

Their parents separated about six months ago, Williams said, but it was not immediately clear how long Schepp had been living outside Canada.

The man was supposed to take the girls away for the weekend in late January, but he didn't come back and crossed into France.

On Jan. 31, he withdrew several thousand dollars from a bank in Marseille, in southern France, and sent a postcard to the mother in Switzerland from there.

Shortly after, he drove to southern Italy, where his body was found at a train station in Cerignola on Thursday, an apparent suicide. Nobody knows whether the girls travelled with the father either to France or Italy.

There is a massive search near the train station in the southern region of Puglia, Williams said, and smaller searches in Switzerland and France.

Foreign Affairs say they aware of reports about the death and the missing girls and are in contact with local authorities to gather information and to provide consular assistance if needed.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/02/05/missing-twins-italy-canadian-men.html

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Alessia SCHEPP & Livia SCHEPP - Age 8 - Missing - January 30, 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 05:37:28 PM »
There is a picture of the two little girls (Alessia and Livia) on this site, and an update in the news. The girls are absolutely adorable. I, too, pray this was not a selfish act of revenge by the father.

Twin girls still missing after father found deadhttp://www.thestar.com/news/article/934078--twin-girls-still-missing-after-father-found-dead

SAP

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:13:22 AM »
Apparently before he committed suicide, he had sent a letter to his ex-wife. He wrote in the letter he had killed the twins. :'( :'(  So very very tragic.
There now is also another woman in the picture.

http://www.oyetimes.com/news/europe/9468-swiss-missing-twins-father-admits-killing-but-mystery-woman-emergeswww.oyetimes.com

Im_new_here2

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »
Is it just me or does this case just not seem to quite fit together all that well. 

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 11:41:48 PM »
Not to me either in many ways, but.....just speculating here - it may be one or two things.

The woman who was seen with Schepp and the girls upon disembarking the ferry, could have struck up a conversation with him during the voyage, and that's that.  Nothing more to it, and the onlooker assumed they knew each other.

Or - perhaps what some people may be hoping, is that he gave the girls to the woman before he committed suicide - and sent the letter to his ex-wife that the girls were deceased -to cause the mother anguish and grief.  He may have pre-arranged the transfer of the twins to this woman.  If that is the case, he would probably have placed them with a relative that he knew quite well.
Yes, the mother should continue searching for her twins.

PEACE
JB

SAP

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 11:48:43 PM »
I think you may be spot on, Jellybean. At least I'd like to think the 2 beautiful and innocent children are safe. She may need a PI to investigate his family members.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
SAP how and why did u delete my post that i had just sent in this forum after i followed up on the jellybean post , i posted again but its gone and yours is now there .why did u do that.

I don't believe SAP deleted your post, Im_new_here2. I have had that experience myself, where I've wondered if someone had deleted one of mine. Honestly, I'm not even sure if it's possible to delete a post that is not your own.

I have learned over time that if two members are trying to post on a thread at the same time, it seems to delete one of them.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 02:03:10 AM »
SAP I am sorry for accusuing you of deleting my post i think the mod was right and we both did it at the same time regardless iam sorry.

SAP

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 02:15:42 AM »
SAP I am sorry for accusuing you of deleting my post i think the mod was right and we both did it at the same time regardless iam sorry.

Apology accepted. :)
Watch for a colored bar to appear above the box you are posting in. It will often say if another person has posted at the very same time and just hit submit/post once more. It's easy to miss if one is on the fly. :)

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Swiss police say he withdrew large sums of money, wonder what for.??? Hopefully for someone to take care of the girls.  Jellybean, you could be on to something, relative or someone he knows quite well.  In his last letter to his wife he says, You will not see them again. Meaning maybe they could still be alive.?? Odd for sure.

SAP

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 11:32:19 PM »
http://genevalunch.com/blog/2011/02/08/missing-twins-father-sent-e5000-to-mother/

Each time he mailed his ex, he sent her money apparently. The last time was just before he threw himself under the train.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 07:56:54 AM »
Let's hope technology prevails. Had no idea this was possible.

Travel microchip found in case of missing Swiss twinshttp://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/949544--travel-microchip-found-in-case-of-missing-swiss-twins

SAP

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 09:26:54 AM »
Was that perhaps the microchip Police were saying was missing from a smashed GPS they found earlier? Seems to me it was mentioned in some articles. If that's so and they found it near his body, then he was hiding something and hopefully it brings the Police to two live girls.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 07:50:28 PM »
Was that perhaps the microchip Police were saying was missing from a smashed GPS they found earlier? Seems to me it was mentioned in some articles. If that's so and they found it near his body, then he was hiding something and hopefully it brings the Police to two live girls.
Right on SAP!!
jb

SAP

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »
Yet no further news. Perhaps Police are now operating very quietly so as not to alert those that have the girls?