Author Topic: Courtney Jennelle Struble (13) | July 09, 04| | Estevan (Murder Investigation)  (Read 89395 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
I don't think that anyone on this site has ever said that they believe that Courtney is a runaway, and in fact I have said that I don't believe that she is. The only concern that any of us here has is finding out what happened to this child. I am glad to see that it sounds like the police are taking it seriously. Glad to see that there have been missing posters put up and all. If you read the previous posts you will see that xxjonsyxx wrote a post concerning the info on the stepfather but when a few of us responded asking for more info none was forthcoming.  Chris also responded to the question of why there was so much interest regarding the Tamra Keepness case by saying that the Regina police made sure the case stayed in the public eye. I have asked this question before about why they were so fast to label her as a runaway. Had she run away in the past? I really hope they can get to the bottom of this soon so that everyone has closure.

aunty jay

• View Profile
Yes there were reasons for the searches.  We have tried everything from following leads to some unconventional measures.  There are many theories however not with enough evidence to move forward.  Yes there are reasons that the Estevan Police Service pegged her as a runaway, she had runaway once before however at that time we always knew about were she was.  At that time she was living with her mom and wanted to go and live with her dad, due to it being less strict at her dads.  Some of the media gets things a little confused or they take a little bit of information and use what works best for them, that is why we are not sitting at the newspaper office and keeping things happening.  The Estevan Police Service and missing childrens society is actively looking into anything that we need or are interested in.  The Struble family is more than able to call both services anytime they want.  If you look for information on the Keepness case there is not much more information out there on her since her family has been out of the legal system, until close to her date of disappearance or her birthday. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:47:14 PM by aunty jay »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile

Hi, and welcome all!~ Does anyone know if Courtney ever hitch hiked? What type of child is/was she? If the police suspect foul play now, and the family does also, then it is good searches were done.It would also be good to do another, if more information has turned up.

What I see here, is a family, that cares, and wants answers. This is to all the family members. I hope you find some closure, and the person who did this owns up to it. Maybe what is needed is more exposure, via, papers, news, posters, any thing at all.  ??? :( :(

I am going to try look for more info, on my days off. It may help, I can only try.

((((((((hugs)))))) to all family members, and friends.  Adrian

aunty jay

• View Profile
No, Adrian Court never hitch hicked.  What kind of a child she was well I don't think there is enough room on her to tell you, however I will say she was a wonderful girl who was family oriented.  She was a girl with normal adolecent problems.  She was happy and fun loving.  Any information that would be helpful we are more than willing to do.  Missing children's is willing to do searches, polygraph test or councelling if needed.  Court lite up anyones world who knew her whether it is for a day or a lifetime.

sm1

• View Profile
Hi, my name is Sarah Mills and I work at News Talk Radio in SK.

We have done stories every year since Courtney's disappearance to remind people she is still missing and to keep her name in the news.

The two investigators from Estevan police are unavailable for comment this week and are out of the office until Monday, which I found very strange given the timing, and the contacts we have had for the family and have used to contact them in previous years, have changed.

If anyone is able to help us do a story I would welcome any PM or email you could send.

Thank you so much and we keep the Struble family in our prayers today.

aunty jay

• View Profile
We thank you for doing the stories as to the investigators being out of town till next week I can not speak to that however I must say that just because they are police officers does not mean they do not need a holiday. 

sm1

• View Profile
Absolutely, I just meant, they are both on holiday at the same time, on the week she went missing, when they likely know there would be some media interest in getting an update on the investigation. It is a shame it worked out that way. Thank you for your reply though.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
If you think about it every day in the life of a police officer is likely the anniversary date of something. If they waited till there was nothing the media might want to follow up on they'd probably never go anywhere. Just a thought.

sm1

• View Profile
If you think about it every day in the life of a police officer is likely the anniversary date of something. If they waited till there was nothing the media might want to follow up on they'd probably never go anywhere. Just a thought.

True! I hope they'll talk to me on Monday when they return.

aunty jay

• View Profile
Sarah I sent you a name to contact and she will have the information you requested.  She is a wonderful woman.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
I hope they do too sm1. It would be nice to just see the real facts about the disappearance of Courtney. As in anything like this there will always be conflicting stories. What I would really like to know about is Courtney and her life and the days leading up to her disappearance. Understandibly there is so much emotion here that Courtney's story gets lost in it sometime. There is only one thing to focus on here and that is what happened to Courtney and where is she?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 03:39:16 PM by debbiec »

aunty jay

• View Profile
We would love for her father or his family to tell Courtney's story of the final days before her disappearance.  I can tell you the last time I saw her was July 1st when she was dropped off by her dad and his girlfriend at the fireworks in Bienfait at approximately 11:00 p.m. when she was trying to find a place to stay because the person she was suppose to stay at his father would not stay there so she was going to check with a friend and I told her she was to come back to our house if she could not stay with her friend.  She called a half hour later and said she could stay there and she would see me tommorow, which I did and she stayed with us until the 3rd at which time her dad called and said she had to be dropped off at a friends house which is where my husband dropped her that day.  She went swimming with my girls and played video games with them while she was at the house and never said there was a problem at all.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20080709/2310
Four Years On And No Sign Of Courtney
Thirteen year old went missing from Estevan

Story Tools
ShareThisReported By Sarah Mills
Posted July 9, 2008 - 2:50pm
Wednesday July 9th the four year anniversary of the disappearance of thirteen year old Courtney Struble.

She was last seen walking home in Estevan July 9th 2004.

There have been numerous sightings, but nothing has developed into any conclusive leads.

The two lead investigators are unavailable for comment and both the family and Missing Children Society of Canada have refused comment.

aunty jay

• View Profile
http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20080709/2310
Four Years On And No Sign Of Courtney
Thirteen year old went missing from Estevan

Story Tools
ShareThisReported By Sarah Mills
Posted July 9, 2008 - 2:50pm
Wednesday July 9th the four year anniversary of the disappearance of thirteen year old Courtney Struble.

She was last seen walking home in Estevan July 9th 2004.

There have been numerous sightings, but nothing has developed into any conclusive leads.

The two lead investigators are unavailable for comment and both the family and Missing Children Society of Canada have refused comment.

This is also part of the reason that people are skeptic of the news media because instead of printing that they waited until the day that we were dealing with the anniversary of Court's disappearance to get a statement they write that we refused, which then has everyone who heard that report yesterday asks the same question why in the world would someone refuse to give an interview. 
We thank them for there time.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
That was certainly my reaction to the post Aunty Jay. I wondered immediately why the family would refuse to give a statement. Keeping Courtney's story in the public eye is so important so that people don't forget.