Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Perry Wong/Eloise Fendelet missing Dec 27/10 FOUND DECEASED  (Read 31430 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Perry Wong/Eloise Fendelet missing Dec 27/10
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »
I do believe there is much more to this story than is being published at this time. Not much is being said about Perry that would truly identify him. From the picture, I think I know him. He may have been born in China, but he has been in Canada most of his life. If it is the Perry I knew he was from Moose Jaw Sk. and part of a very prominent business family there. He would still have a brother there. Perry was also in the dental business early on, but more recently in other businesses, possibly as a developer. I would be looking at his business conections and recent activities.
As I mentioned, it is odd that 3 business people have disappeared in just over one month.  If Mr. Wong was involved in development, perhaps there is a connection.
I couldn't help but notice also, that all articles focus on her, with just a small bit about Perry. It is almost as if he is a shadow in this missing person appeal. I also wondered, at first, why a man of his age would not have relatives in Canada. It was said he is from China.  Doesn't make any sense. It is a rarity that an elderly person, from China, would not have blood relatives here.
Many years ago, I also lived in Moose Jaw, and the Wong family was indeed very prominent then. (thanks old Daddy for your input) That is, if we have the Right Wong.
PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:59:41 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »
I do remember the National News broadcasting the story about Mr. Wong missing. I just find it very strange that nobody  knows where this couple is. I believe they were targetted for drugs. Somebody was watching them and took advantage of their usual schedule to abduct them. I would also be looking closely at those working very close to this couple, especially the person who says he is like family to them. Most Chinese celebrate New Year's, whether it be going out to dinner or getting together with family. Down this way, you have to order your dinner a couple of days ahead of time for NY eve, because they take the phone off the hook. I guess it's the same everywhere, but especially in the Chinese Restaurants. I wonder if the police have checked their telephone records and know who the last people they were talking to. Also if they had cell phones and if they are  getting any pings or any sign that those phones are active. I am sure people in their line of work and so busy, would definitely have cell phones. This is very scary that a gang may have played a part in their disappearance. Christmas holidays is a busy time for most people and it  would be an opportune time for someone to abduct this couple, because people would be more apt to dismiss something unusual. :o :o :o :o :( :( :( :( :(

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »
Dental labs don't carry drugs, so drug seekers would be out, imo, unless someone knew they were well off. Yet it has been recorded no bank activity.

Mickie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
When this couple would leave on vacation, a staff member will look after "Ruby" the turtle. I would assume that the same staff member is still looking after the turtle. But really, the turtle should be the least of our concerns.

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
News reports say that they didnt alert anyone that they were going away. Thus making arrangements for the care of the turtle, while you are right that it is about finding the missing couple. SAP has a very valid point about the state of the turtle to narrow down just went between Dec 27 and Jan 3rd they disappeared.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »
Of course the turtle is least of our concerns, but the couple always made arrangements to care for it, and in this case they didn't.  Which means that they had no plans on  leaving.   Sorry, if you received that impression. Here again we have 2 more people missing in Edmonton.  Especially a senior couple. Not too long ago the McCann's went missing (also senior citizens).

Citizens who say 'bye' to their friends or family, go out the door, and vanish.  The concern for their well being also includes  the safety and security of our citizens.  How safe is it?? We do not want to live in fear.  We should be able to enjoy freedom of movement on a daily basis.
It is unlike seniors to simply vanish, so of course it is a major concern.  I sincerely hope that they are found safe and return home soon.
PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:01:59 PM by jellybean »

Old Daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »
I would like to establish that this Perry Wong is indeed part of the Wong family from Moose Jaw. I have made one e mail inqiry to the Moose Jaw Times Herald, but no reply yet. I have checked with friends of mine living there and to their knowkedge the connection has not been made. My recollection of the Perry I knew is that he was very un-chinese in his customs and actions. I'm sure he has been in Canada since his pre teen years. I would expect his friends and collegues to be very much from the english speeking Canadian variety. I doubt he followed traditional chinese customs. That being said he probably was proud of his heritage and so he should be. I still think it is odd that the focus  is on Eloise. I will attempt to call his brother tomorrow to see if it is Perry from Moose Jaw.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 10:23:59 PM »
I would like to establish that this Perry Wong is indeed part of the Wong family from Moose Jaw. I have made one e mail inqiry to the Moose Jaw Times Herald, but no reply yet. I have checked with friends of mine living there and to their knowkedge the connection has not been made. My recollection of the Perry I knew is that he was very un-chinese in his customs and actions. I'm sure he has been in Canada since his pre teen years. I would expect his friends and collegues to be very much from the english speeking Canadian variety. I doubt he followed traditional chinese customs. That being said he probably was proud of his heritage and so he should be. I still think it is odd that the focus  is on Eloise. I will attempt to call his brother tomorrow to see if it is Perry from Moose Jaw.

Thank you. I do not believe that this Mr. Wong came directly from China.
JB

Mickie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 10:52:17 PM »
Just wondering how many members here really do know Perry and Eloise? Either it be co-workers or friends/family?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »

I spoke to a few senior friends and they are a bit jittery about  this couple's disappearance.  These senior's  are also active within the community, and one owns her own business.  Even though neither of them have met this  couple, they have some concerns.  When police issue a missing person alert, and it is carried by multiple newspapers, it is understandable that they would have concerns, and questions.  One senior friend changed their Motor Home travel plans when they learned of the McCann's.
I hope that this couple returns home safely.
PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:49:05 PM by jellybean »

Mickie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »
Thanks Old Daddy for your time and effort. Although I'm wondering if you happen to have the first name misspelled? It's Perry Kit Wong that is the missing person, not Perry Key Wong.

I am just as concern about the whereabouts of these two people, but I'm curious to know why some of you feel that the focus is more so on Eloise than Perry? Just wondering.

BTW - turtles can survive 2 weeks without food, although the smell would be unbearable within the office.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 02:50:18 PM »
 Hi Mickie and welcome to the site. To answer your question about the impression of Eloise being the main focus, here are my thoughts.

In any articles that I have read about the missing couple, the focus was on Eloise,  her dental business, her activities, her turtle.   Perry's name was mentioned more in the background.  Nothing identifiable about this man, other than he came from China. (Which turned out not to be the full truth).

On a positive note the question is perhaps they just decided to take a vacation, and not tell anyone?

It has been emphasized by staff that  they would let their staff know weeks in advance if they were taking a vacation (if the articles are correct).

It gives one pause for thought, when no one has heard  from them, and according to police, as far as they can tell - there is no activity in their bank account. 

So, where are they? Did something happen to them? (hopeful not)

PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:52:30 PM by jellybean »

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 03:54:51 PM »
http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1351579

Tips needed in missing couple case
2:23pm
Click here to email Landon Kelly
1/24/2011

Following close to a week of no leads, Edmonton Police are now turning to you for help in finding a missing couple.

Perry Wong, 72, and his common-law wife Eloise Fendelet, 71, (below) haven't been seen or heard from since December 27th, 2010.

Police think Wong was meeting friends in West Edmonton on the day he went missing. Cst. Sean Jenkinson, with the EPS Missing Persons Unit, says officers need helping finding those friends.
"We believe that Perry was last seen in the west end, meeting up with some friends in a light colored Mercedes Benz. (Police) would really like to talk to those people, because it helps (officers) put together a better timeline and flesh out the last time (the missing couple) was seen."

The couple weren't listed as missing until Tuesday, January 18th (2011). If you have any information, call police at 780-423-4567, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. (lk, ccg)

On the Net:
EdmontonPolice.ca: Police still seeking information on missing Edmonton couple

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »
Also;
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2011/01/24/edmonton-missing-couple-mercedes.html?ref=rss
Missing couple information sought by police
Missing person investigators want to talk to people driving a light-coloured Mercedes Benz who met Perry Kit Wong in west Edmonton the last day he was seen in Edmonton.

Wong, 72, and his common-law wife Eloise Fendelet, 71, haven't been seen by friends since Dec. 27. Police opened a missing persons investigation into the couple's disappearance on Jan. 18.

Police don't know why Wong was meeting the people in the car. Fendelet was not with him at the time as she was reported to be at other locations that day, Const. Sean Jenkinson said.

"But we're not prepared to release that right now," he said. "She wasn't with him, suffice to say."

Police have no information to suggest they weren't together when they went missing.

Police first went public Friday about the couple's disappearance. Since then they've received some information but say they would like to speak to the couple's friends and business associates.

Friends started to worry about Wong and Fendelet when they didn't show up for work at their dental business on Jan. 3.

They started looking for the couple on their own, but called police after they weren't able to track them down.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2011/01/24/edmonton-missing-couple-mercedes.html?ref=rss#ixzz1BzcS14Jr

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
Sap, so a little more info is coming to light.  Maybe a previous poster was right and more digging should be done on Mr Wongs dealings.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here