Author Topic: Perry Wong/Eloise Fendelet missing Dec 27/10 FOUND DECEASED  (Read 103103 times)

solvy

• View Profile
Perry Wong/Eloise Fendelet missing Dec 27/10 FOUND DECEASED
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
Another missing couple!!

pdated: Fri Jan. 21 2011 11:42:37

ctvedmonton.ca

Edmonton Police are requesting your help in locating a couple who were last seen December 27th by a friend.

Edmonton police are asking for the public's help to locate a couple who have not been seen or heard from since December 27th, 2010.

Police reveal friends and co-workers of the couple became concerned when the couple failed to return to work on January 3rd, 2011.

Friends of 72 year-old Perry Kit Wong and his common-law-wife 71-year old Eloise Fendelet contacted police after they felt they had exhausted all possible avenues.

Police say the couple has been known to travel, but investigators say the couple didn't take any of their vehicles and their has been no bank or credit card activity that could lead to their whereabouts.

"It's quite out of character for this couple to not be in contact," said Const. Sean Jenkinson with the Edmonton Police Service.

Police say the couple is self-employed and have a number of staff members.

The couple were listed as missing by police on January 18th.

If you have any information that can assist investigators you are asked to call police at (780) 423-4567 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:15:17 PM by solvy »

SAP

Re: Perry Wong/Eloise Fendelet missing Dec 27/10
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
Police reveal friends and co-workers of the couple became concerned when the couple failed to return to work on January 3rd, 2011.

Friends of 72 year-old Perry Kit Wong and his common-law-wife 71-year old Eloise Fendelet contacted police after they felt they had exhausted all possible avenues.

Friends and co-workers searched from January 3rd to January 18, before calling Police? Possibly calling hospitals, family who live distantly, everyone else associated with the couple, places the couple would holiday...took 2 weeks?
No vehicles used? No bank or credit cards used? This is odd all the way around. imho.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »

This is very strange solvy. Sounds like it is out of character for this couple. It doesn't sound good either, that their vehicles are still there, and no bank or credit card activity. Even if they travelled by other means than by car, one would think there would be some activity on bank or credit cards.

I'm wondering if it was known that they were absolutely planning on returning to work on January 3rd. Are we left to assume that they were not listed as missing until January 18th because that is how long it took for friends to exhaust all possible avenues?

SAP

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
Debbie, I think we had the same sort of thoughts at the same time. :)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:58:19 AM by SAP »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 04:38:20 PM »

Actually when I went to post my reply, it showed that another post had been written in the meantime. I was surprised to see how close my post was to what you had written.  :)

I had already thought about the last 'step' you mentioned too. Also, I'm wondering if these people had any children or other family members, that were wondering where they were. It only mentions friends in the above article.

SAP

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
In another article the writer claims that family members didn't live around here, were distant.

eta: This gives more info:
(Police were called Jan 5th)

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Elderly+Edmonton+couple+missing/4144985/story.htmlhttp://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Search+missing+Edmonton+couple/4144985/story.html#ixzz1BiJRT5Nk

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:02:04 PM by SAP »

SAP

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 05:24:15 PM »
http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1350428

Have you seen this couple?
3:20pm
Matthew Bisson
1/21/2011

Armand Fendelet wants a late Christmas present, and that's for his cousin Eloise to call to say she's okay.

Eloise Fendelet, 71, along with her common-law husband Perry Kit Wong, 72, (below) haven't been seen or heard from since December 27th. On Friday, city police turned to the public to help them find the couple.

"We're all worried about her," said Armand Fendelet, when reached at his home in Saskatoon. "It's something we don't want to have to go through. I just hope she's okay."

He says his cousin is a bit of a "work-aholic," running her dental lab in Edmonton. However, he says it's totally not like her not to let someone know where she is, or where she's going.   Friends and co-workers were concerned when the pair failed to return to work after the Christmas break. Efforts by to locate them have failed and the couple was reported to the EPS Missing Persons Unit on January 18th. Photo: iNews880's Travis Dosser
Constables Jim Gurney and Sean Jenkinson (above) are leading the investigation. They say friends have told police the couple is very active.
"When they didn't return to work on January 3rd after the holidays co-workers and friends became concerned and police were spoken to and they were encouraged to look into making efforts to locate them," explains Gurney. Jenkinson says they are looking at the couple's bank account.
"There is no activity that would help us to determine their location. Of course when we're talking about bank activity there is lots of different things that can happen, some people have automatic withdrawals and things like that," explains Cst. Jenkinson. Police haven't been able to pick up any leads on where Perry Kit Wong and Eloise Fendelet may be. Anyone with information is asked to call EPS, 780-423-4567, or Crime Stoppers, 1-800-222-8477. (EM, mb, twd, bp, ccg)

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
This couple lived in downtown Edmonton...I would presume then, in a condominium?   I'm sure there will be surveillance for the cops to go through, from their building.   Can anyone confirm if they did, in fact, live in a condo/highrise?
I also would like to know who this couple spent Christmas with.   It may have some bearing....
Or, who they planned to spend New Year's with.   I suppose the friend that saw them on the 27th would know those answers. 
I'm sure they didn't become successful by just 'taking off' whenever they felt like it.   I'm sure the employees would know if their bosses were scheduled to go out of town.  They were expected back on the 3rd.  That's a long time for no one to notice them missing, since they had plenty of friends and socialized regularily....and then New Year's was in that time frame....weren't they expected somewhere?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
SAP, I'm with you. I am very concerned about this couple, I really do not believe they are alive. I think that they should be looking very closely at the employees of their business. Their cars are there and they had not given any indication that they were going to travel, SO WHY THE LONG TIME BEFORE REPORTING THEM MISSING????????? I am very suspicious of this and I am hoping there are surveillance camera footage of the day they went missing. I truly hope the police investigate each and every one of the employees and trace where this couple were the last day of their disappearance. It sure doesn't sound good.  :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

SAP

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
SAP, I'm with you. I am very concerned about this couple, I really do not believe they are alive. I think that they should be looking very closely at the employees of their business. Their cars are there and they had not given any indication that they were going to travel, SO WHY THE LONG TIME BEFORE REPORTING THEM MISSING????????? I am very suspicious of this and I am hoping there are surveillance camera footage of the day they went missing. I truly hope the police investigate each and every one of the employees and trace where this couple were the last day of their disappearance. It sure doesn't sound good.  :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cape, a co-worker reported them missing 2 days after they didn't show up (Jan 5 th), and the Police didn't list them until the 18th of January, if I am reading it correctly. Did the Police only start seatching on the 18th? If so, many of those cameras in the area that might have had anything suspicious on them would have already been taped over, not?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »
SAP, if they were business people, they definitely would be in contact with people daily, I presume. So the people that were close to them would absolutely know of their plans. Maybe he had an apartment at the hotel. Very strange indeed that nobody knows where this couple is. :o :o :o :o :o

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 06:25:52 PM »
SAP...It says they owned a Dental Lab downtown, and lived downtown...but didn't specify both places were together...which I would doubt.   And so far nothing official on whether or not it was a condo...odd though that your search came up with the hotel, unless, yes they did have a little apartment in there.   All the more surveillance, I'd say,.

SAP

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »
SAP...It says they owned a Dental Lab downtown, and lived downtown...but didn't specify both places were together...which I would doubt.   And so far nothing official on whether or not it was a condo...odd though that your search came up with the hotel, unless, yes they did have a little apartment in there.   All the more surveillance, I'd say,.

I'm having problems with my mouse, but the address pointed out by White pages doesn't have a Best Western. As close as I could get to 103 A Ave and 99 to 100 Street would be across from CN tower. There's a highrise there and it also shows a parkade. Years ago that was an apartment building, and it could have changed to highrise condo units by now as many have. I don't recall the name of the highrise, but there was always alot of problems there. Including murder in an elevator. There were alot of shady type people living there, as well as decent folk who lived there b/c it was clsoe to work.

eta: I haven't been in this area for years. It's known as the Sir Winston Churchill Square, near the main public library where alot of festivals are held.
Last year when City Police were trying to "clean" up the drug scene on 97th street, they moved west and almost took over the Library. Patrons were roughed up for money, people passing in motor vehicles were sometimes stopped (attempts to stop) and the drug dealers were doing their dealing in the library. Holes would be cut in the pages and drugs would be left and those picking up would leave money, etc. City had to hire more Security to stop the problems. It's an area with alot of culture, yet close to the wrong side of town.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:08:54 PM by SAP »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »
If the truth is that they couple was reported missing long before the police took part in this investigation, they should be sued by the family. This is outrageous. I mean the police are looking bad across this country every day. I know we have good officers, but who in the hell can you report someone missing to if it is not the police. What do they think they are there for, to look pretty in a uniform. This investigation should have took off like a fire. They should have got right on that and got the family involved also. This is a lot of time gone by. The family should get a private investigator on this case. Also they should contact the FBI, if they have to. :o :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 06:23:26 PM »
Capeheart:  Apparently police encouraged the employees and friends to start calling around to check and see if they can be found. - and so they did as the police asked. 
Note: we do not have many detectives working on Missing Persons.  I get the impression that they are small in  staff size.  They are run off their feet.

PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:34:53 PM by jellybean »