Author Topic: Re: Audrey GLEAVE | 73, Murdered (Dec 2010) | Hamilton/Lynden  (Read 187147 times)

wellwell

• View Profile
Re: Audrey GLEAVE | 73, Murdered (Dec 2010) | Hamilton/Lynden
« Reply #555 on: June 02, 2016, 09:19:09 AM »
This is where I went to refresh my memory:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=4489.msg76192#msg76192

Now I am wondering exactly when and why the second lead detective in this case was replaced, and did it have to do with Audrey"s investigation or other factors? Staff Sergeant Ian Matthews took a different approach and looked at different possibilities from Steve Hrab, who left the force. And then he was gone, too, replaced yet again as the lead on this case. All these transitions are not helpful.

I can't help but think that this has worked in favor of the criminal responsible for Audrey's murder. He must be pretty smug right about now, thinking that he got away with it. But he's still the scum of the earth, no different from the killers who are in jail. He may think he's smarter and better than them, but he will screw up. People in his life may already have doubts about his stories, and one day one of them will dig deeper. His house of cards will fall. He will do something that burns a bridge. His day is coming. Enjoy your freedom while you can, buddy. And look up "retribution".

2soccermom

« Reply #556 on: January 02, 2017, 11:01:16 AM »
wellwell --
like you, I hope the "house of cards will fall" as you put it so well -- or so "wellwell"  ;). Like all of us here I too am hoping 2017 will see justice for Audrey. It's so hard to think 6 years have passed and her murder is still unsolved! Six years....
I was thinking there might be a media event at this "anniversary" to offer an update/reassurance that her case is not a cold one -- but I haven't seen anything. Has anyone else located an update?
Bumping for justice for Audrey.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Audrey GLEAVE | 73, Murdered (Dec 2010) | Hamilton/Lynden
« Reply #557 on: January 02, 2017, 12:48:22 PM »
This is where I went to refresh my memory:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=4489.msg76192#msg76192

Now I am wondering exactly when and why the second lead detective in this case was replaced, and did it have to do with Audrey"s investigation or other factors? Staff Sergeant Ian Matthews took a different approach and looked at different possibilities from Steve Hrab, who left the force. And then he was gone, too, replaced yet again as the lead on this case. All these transitions are not helpful.

I can't help but think that this has worked in favor of the criminal responsible for Audrey's murder. He must be pretty smug right about now, thinking that he got away with it. But he's still the scum of the earth, no different from the killers who are in jail. He may think he's smarter and better than them, but he will screw up. People in his life may already have doubts about his stories, and one day one of them will dig deeper. His house of cards will fall. He will do something that burns a bridge. His day is coming. Enjoy your freedom while you can, buddy. And look up "retribution".

Unfortunately Ian Matthews committed suicide.  No mention has been given by le as to his replacement.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=7375.msg112273#msg112273

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 02, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
This article is from 2015.  This is where Audrey's case stood in the way of investigation , and by reading it, this is probably where it still rests./jb

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/

Audrey Gleave is also not forgotten 30 kilometres away, on the second floor of Central Police Station on King William Street.

A white Homicide Case Book rests on the desk of Det. Angela Abrams.Detectives keep tabs on "people of interest" and explore tips. But the case shares resources with others, and there are days it gets pushed to the backburner.

"Sorry Audrey," Abrams says on these days, to Gleave's unsmiling face. "Not today. You better cover your ears."

If Gleave could answer the detective, she might respond with something darkly humorous. She was a fan of Maxine, the curmudgeonly protagonist of the "Crabby Road" comic she often emailed friends.

2soccermom

« Reply #559 on: January 09, 2018, 04:16:21 PM »
I wonder if the monster Adam Strong in the Rori Hache dismemberment case could have any relation to Audrey's murder? I know it's a really long shot. But he was angry at his mother (indicated in his FB posts) and kept parts of his murder victim in his apartment; I recall the news reports that Audrey's murderer retained a "trophy" (and there were lots of rumours, now expunged and which i don't really intend to resurrect except as might support inquiry here,  which some posters felt showed specific hatred of women/mothers. Audrey as far as we know was never a mother, of course.)  AS's fetish interest in hucow may have some relevance if those early rumours have any ring of truth. Anyway -- again, I think this is not a huge lead but I do hope LE will follow up with it. Audrey deserves justice and it is such a loooong while coming.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 09, 2018, 04:55:54 PM »
Detectives in the latest round, 2015, felt that she knew her killer and let him in.

There is one thing that has always stuck in my head, about Audrey's death.

She predicted it.

Audrey, according to her brother in law,  told him  that she would be sexually assaulted and murdered.....
That bit of info carried a lot of weight with me.

If Audrey did say it, then the killer knew this, and obliged  in order to throw off the investigation. imo

Did the brother in law actually tell the truth? Or did he say it to gain a bit of news coverage.?

jb
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:03:00 PM by jellybean »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 22, 2019, 04:57:45 AM »
I have not forgotten this unsolved murder of Audrey....seems to me the Police have.
Jellybean...she must have expected company...she had her coat on, the dogs were caged, and she smoked in the garage....where she was found brutally murdered.  I wonder who else she told her death premonition to...a few trusted friends?
PK came that morning and found her...I realize he had a lie detector done...but now I’m wondering about others in Audrey’s circle....we’re they given lie detectors?
The Police owe it to Audrey to solve this crime....they need to sniff around those that knew her.
Wonder how far into her phone records they went....someone MUST have arranged to come “visit”...why else was she in a coat and dogs were kennelled?
I would think that normally, if she went for a smoke, she would let the dogs out...and not kennel them.  Since they weren’t that friendly...she would kennel them when company came.
I would’ve hoped Audrey’s friend, and beneficiary of her estate, would fight harder for Justice...I truly wonder what she has done....Audrey had no one else.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 24, 2019, 11:39:44 AM »
I think they should be investigating the person who did receive the benefits of her estate. Did this person spend any amount of money maybe to pay someone off to kill Audrey?? They should look at a money trail to see who got the benefits.  Who knew her habits??? I do remember her premonitions and maybe there was someone who threatened her and she didn't want to say anything.  It is very odd that she had this premonition. If nobody takes up a conversation with officers on this case,  the police will lay it on the bottom of the files.  Someone should be checking on this case periodically and see what the police are doing, even a person that lives in close proximity to where she lives. They would have an excuse as to being afraid that the killer was living close by. I certainly would, if I lived in that area.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 28, 2019, 01:21:13 AM »
Yes, capeheart..No one is standing up for Audrey...it’s sad.
I’m considering writing.
I would love to know how many in her circle had lie detectors...

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 28, 2019, 01:39:22 PM »
Yes, there seems to be a lot of unsolved cases and they should be hiring new eyes to look at these files.  Put someone on the cold cases and check them out and they may be able to come up with some answers.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 02, 2019, 09:53:21 PM »
I agree with you Jobo, in that she was expecting someone to visit.  I have always felt it was over money, or investments.  A promise to her of big returns, that never came about.

Yes Cape, it was interesting that the person who received everything, sold Audrey's home lickity split, etc etc.

jb

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 03, 2019, 05:17:18 AM »
How much did the police look into Audrey’s last phone calls, messages on the computer?
I do think Audrey was expecting someone, yes...but....where is the trail back to that person? No phone call or message..or was the visit set up at last meet up/visit?  And...that was good enough? I would think most people would fire off a quick message or phone call to confirm the meeting.
I read an article from 2015.... the police officer has Audrey’s file very handy on her desk...
The dogs are an important clue...why were they in their cages?
Why did PK deliver a cake, but leave it in his vehicle, rather than carry it up to the door? Did he go to the door empty handed when his intention was to deliver a cake?
Wonder what was done with the inheritance?
Why wasn’t PK in the will?  Him and his wife seemed close to Audrey and since she had no one else close, I would’ve thought there would be something in her will for them. She picks a friend that she had coffee and golf with?
Something has been missed in Audrey’s story..And why?  She was alone...had very few friends or visitors.
Who did she tell her death premonition to...and yes jellybean, did the perp know it?

spooner9ball

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 03, 2019, 02:56:10 PM »
It is very possible that police strongly believe that they had their man, but there was not enough evidence to prosecute, and thus he is free.
It happens all the time.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 05, 2019, 12:58:57 PM »
Yes, spooner9ball...true....from the latest news, it is still an open investigation