Author Topic: Missing sister in Winnipeg area. FOUND!!!  (Read 19153 times)

Sallysmart

• View Profile
Re: Missing sister in Winnipeg area. FOUND!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 04:16:35 PM »
47 yrs old now.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »
If she is collecting things, and if she still is in a set neighborhood, may I suggest you contact you contact the Winnipeg Police. All city police forces are divided up into quadrants of the city.  If you can get to Winnipeg, I would persue that angle, by talking to each detachment regarding your sister. Cops have their own beat, and would know of eccentric, but harmless women in their area.  Why, they even keep an eye out for them, and stop and chat.  I have seen it in my own city.
Lots of ifs here, but it could narrow down for you quickly, I hope.

Peace
JB
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:38:47 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
There is nothing wrong with being eccentric. And they can lose contact with family.  As well, others will post with helpful suggestions that may help you find your sister.

I will watch for your posts. Keep the faith going.

Peace
JB
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:21:12 PM by jellybean »

Sallysmart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 05:32:37 PM »
Thanks Jelly bean, we did the police thing before but I didnt realise there were separate divisions in the city, might be good to call a few of them and hope one of them has someone who has known her. I know it is a big place tho, kinda scary specially where she lived and that is what fears me too. I remember her and I walking around and seeing lots of jewlery stores that had been robbed and people walking up to you and demanding a cigarrette. I would never live there, not even for a good job. Dont know why she ever chose to live there specially because it is such a cold place in winter. When we get cold temps here which is nothing in comparison it makes me think about her and hope she is ok. I try not to watch the weather network in winter too much even tho I like that channel because of its great coverage.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
Sally:  I did the same thing, would look out the window and see the snow blowing, and read the temperature, and watch the news channels, at first.  Then the worry would set in. Sometimes it is best to avoid these things. It is called Self-protection. Loved ones make choices that are right for them, but not right for us. We want them to live our lifestyle. Why? Because we love them so.
They very often are not thinking about loved ones concerns. And in our society, freedom of choice is allowed.  As long as our missing loved one does not commit a crime, they are free to choose any life style that suits them. At times this can appear to be such a cold way of thinking about it.  However, that is often the way that it works.
Having said all of the above, if you must find your sister, keep the faith that she is living the way that she has chosen, and now the big task ahead is in finding her.

Peace
JB
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:10:01 PM by jellybean »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 06:27:31 PM »
Sally, here is a resource you may want to try. I have not heard personally anyone who has used this service, however, I've read this page on Family Tracing services and it may suit your purposes.  Salvation Army has many contacts. They are connected with police resources, homeless shelters and food pantries. Perhaps they may help you.

Here is the site with information on the Family Tracing services:

http://salvationist.ca/departments/social-services/family-tracing/

Good luck to you. I hope you are reunited.

Concerned

Sallysmart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 07:23:33 PM »
Thank you Concerned. I can fill that out and send it off. Looks like my request fits their policy easily. I did contact them years ago but on the phone, didnt have a form like this to fill out before for some reason so maybe this time I might have some luck.

SAP

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »
Sally, even if SS and AISH are secretive about their clients, there may still be a way around that, if you haven't already tried. Talking to whomever is on top in the offices, telling them why you are trying to find your sister and leave your name and number in case they come across your sister, asking them to let your sister know the family is searching and want to connect. It's a long shot but they may consider that.
AISH is a funding for people who are unable to work, (Alberta). Manitoba must have something similar.
I pray for resolution. :)

ttervoort

• "Thanks for noticing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 12:41:34 PM »
Hi Concerned and SallySmart.

We have sent in our info. to the Salvation Army Missing Person branch also, regarding my brother Devon...they have offered their services, although it hasn't helped us at this time.  It never hurts to have another organization, person, pair of eyes, etc. to help look though.  It does take awhile though for them to process the paperwork and get back to you, so don't be discouraged if you don't hear from them right away.

Take care,
ttervoort

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
ttervoort and SallySmart, I hope it works for you guys!!!!  (Sorry ttervoort, I always think of your situation and never once gave this site a thought to pass on to you, and I don't even know why. I think it is something that Sally said that must have made me remember the Salvation Army Family Trace service...I'm glad you are trying it.)  I will have to find it in my files but at some point I also have a list of all the hospitals across Canada in which I sent a note looking for Penny.  If I find it, I will send to you all as well. It may be on the computer that gave out months ago. I will check to see if I can retrieve the hard drive. Always looking for new resources to both of you on your separate cases.

Best of wishes,
Concerned

Sallysmart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
Thanks for the warning about the time delay ttervoort, will be expecting that now so will be ok.

Concerned, yer awsome with all your help. I see you mentioned you were looking for someone too, did you find her? I see some people have a huge amount of posts here and was wondering if some people are here just to help the rest of us or are they all looking for someone too.
I used to have lots of links of things I tried too a few years back and lost many of them on my computer that died on me, I learned to store stuff on memory sticks after that, too bad I didnt know it back then tho.
Anyway, will be checking in each day and also will start reading other threads. Havent floated around on here much yet to get to know people and who they are looking for. Too bad we have to be here looking but that is what happens, just glad there are sites like this to help. Take care all, and many thanks for being here with me on my thread.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 11:01:50 AM »
I see some people have a huge amount of posts here and was wondering if some people are here just to help the rest of us or are they all looking for someone too.

Hi Sally,

Yes, some people are here just to help. Some are searching for a loved one also, while others are here because they have had a family member or friend who was murdered. A lot are still waiting for justice.

Whatever the reason, we all have one thing in common. We all care, and in the end, that is the real reason we are here.

Sallysmart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 12:32:34 PM »
Well as sad as the is its good to have so many helping each other. I am sure if we find my sister I will hang around and try to help others.
Been looking around a bit and looks like a very caring community here. Hope to get to know many of you over time.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 03:01:58 PM »
Sallysmart, to answer your question, I came to this site, much like you. I am a family member of Penny Warne who went missing from her home sometime betweeen February 11, 2009 and February 13, 2009. Much like you this was a site I found that I could post information and generate some wonderful leads from those on here that care so much that have so much more experience than I. Every day I look for her, I have not stopped. I try different ideas, it makes me feel like I am doing something. I, personally, can not stop trying until I know for sure whether she is alive, or not. In need of help, or not. I also understand that some people may have to stop looking, at some point, for whatever their reasons are. I hold no judgement.

I have found great satisfaction in trying to help others who also are faced with a missing loved one or an unsolved case. My thinking is, I may not be able to help Penny, in the end, but maybe someday I may be able to help another. Perhaps, then, someone who is in a position to help Penny, will take a moment and do so. My hope is we can bring her back home, some day, some way. And, others like her, as well.

I believe in hope.

Welcome to the site. Let us know if there is something you are thinking, or need more info on, we all come from different backgrounds and sometimes, that is just what is needed to put another piece of the puzzle together.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 04:53:05 PM »
In my opinion, and it is my personal opinion, there are some people who go missing because they choose to.  There are others who go missing not of their own free will.  It is difficult to know at times.  But I have learned from being on this site, that family members usually can distinguish between the two. They know it in their loved ones back ground, and feel it their hearts.
In your own case, you have not met up with your sister in 10 years, and you are trying to locate her.  So, she is missing in your heart and in your family.  There will be other posters, who will also have good ideas on how to locate her. Continue to keep posting.

Peace
JB
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:27:04 PM by jellybean »