Author Topic: Child's Skeletal remains found in Barrie, Ontario 1974  (Read 5412 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Child's Skeletal remains found in Barrie, Ontario 1974
« on: December 19, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »
A friend and I were talking about an incident that occurred in Barrie, ON in 1977.  We both remember a child's skeleton being found in a field.  I seem to recall, it was another child who made the discovery?? not sure?  It may have been male.

I am modifying here to correct the above;  I've made the change; the skeleton was found in 1977 (not 1974)  also  about 8 yrs. old  in a Barrie field. 
The child had brown hair.
Wore light brown corduroy pants.
A brown long sleeved top with a darker V neck.

Does anybody from Barrie remember who this was?  if there was a child missing at the time?  Does anybody ever remember hearing of or being personally exposed to a man trying to pick up kids .... especially in the "Bloomington" district around that time. 

So I'm talking about from 1969 to 1979 time frame.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:46:57 PM by lostlinganer »

itdoesntmatter

• View Profile
Re: Child's Skeletal remains found in Barrie, Ontario 1974
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:01:24 AM »
I've searched all over the place for this one Lost and didn't come up with anything.
If you ever find it, can you let me know....thanks

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
I would hope that LE ruled out it being Robert Brown....age 12....missing from Pefferlaw in 1968.   I realize the description is off..but what peaks my interest is that Barrie is straight across Lake Simcoe from Pefferlaw....by boat.

POOKIE1976

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
This seems pretty close....I noticed your reference to Bloomington...

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2010003699&id=15

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »
.... just bumping this thread up, in view of the fact that there has been a lot of reading and research here lately regarding that time frame.  Seems to me we have smart enough sleuths from the Ontario area , to really dig into this.  BTW; I found an extensive missing persons site a few weeks back.... have to go dig it up again from whatever browser I saved it in.... then I will put it here for you guys to save also (if you wish to have it for further reference).
 ;)
Here it is folks; I find you have to be bookmarking these sites all the time because they seem to disappear .... maybe changing servers and domains.... so when I find one like this lately, I mark it and try to pass it on for as long as it works.  http://www.nampn.org/index.html

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:10:47 PM by lostlinganer »