Author Topic: Melvin Hanson-Family seeks answers in year-old slaying  (Read 3931 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Melvin Hanson-Family seeks answers in year-old slaying
« on: December 19, 2010, 10:07:40 AM »
Edmonton Sun  December 18, 2010
Family seeks answers in year-old slayinghttp://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2010/12/18/16605026.html

Carol-Lynn

Re: Melvin Hanson-Family seeks answers in year-old slaying
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 10:29:29 AM »
This is sad.How can anyone live with themselves knowing what they have done to him.There was more then one person in the car that night,You would think/hope one of them would come forward for his family.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:16:47 AM »
I don't understand this comment.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »

I suppose the car could be registered to one person and driven by another family member. Perhaps parent and son/daughter? 

This statement makes that seem a little less likely however, as you would think that a parent/owner would wonder where the car was.

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 01:20:26 PM »

Could the license plates have been stolen or switched?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 05:47:29 PM »
got out and approached Hansen, before chasing him southbound through a residential neighbourhood for two blocks to the front yard of a home where he was found dead hours later, said Det. Rob Mills of the EPS homicide section, earlier this year.

Obviously someone witnessed all of this, at the very least, the occupants getting out of the vehicle, etc, etc.  How else would the cops know?

Melvin must have known his assailants, as he tried to run away.  Look again at Melvin's friends, and those who frequented Winston's pub.  The pub may be a good place to start.
Did they know Melvin as a regular?

All fine and dandy that his uncle is a pastor, but  kids can outgrow the church scene, and crave excitement that can take them into dangerous places.

No one knows if this was the case with Melvin, however, why would strangers chase a young man down and shoot him?  To my way of thinking,that does not make any sense, unless he started something in the pub, or insulted the wrong people. Even if true, he did not deserve to lose his life over anything.

jb
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:04:40 PM by jellybean »