Author Topic: Human Remains Found | White Male 30-50 | Otonabee River Peterborough | July 1988  (Read 2351 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Found Human Remains       
On Sunday, July 10th, 1988 divers were doing some recreational diving in the Otonabee River at the foot of Lock StreetComposite reconstruction was conducted on the skull and photographs were released to the media in 1988 (Photos Above). This investigation has continued as the technology in DNA testing has advanced and a DNA profile is presently on file at the Centre of Forensic Sciences. The remains are felt to be that of a white male, possibly 30 to 50 years old with a slim face, dark brown receding hair and unshaven.

If you have any information at all, even if it seems insignificant, please contact the Peterborough Lakefield Community Police Service by phone at 705.876.1122 or through e-mail.  Or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Your memory of a any detail - no matter how small - could lead to the arrest of the person or persons responsible.

Two Composite Sketches on Site
http://www1.peterboroughpolice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=46

jobo

• View Profile
In 1983, Delmar Henderson (D.O.B. 1926)...went missing from County Rd #121(home)  Galway/Peterborough Township.   I am wondering if there is a connection to remains found 1988 in the Otonobee River.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Crazy as it sounds, I wonder if he worked on ships at one time. That might explain why he is difficult to identify.

If the neck size, which was drawn by the artist, without any actual skeletal remains, is realistic to the head, then he has done some heavy lifting.  I looked up arthritis of the jaw, and this could be caused by grinding of the teeth, and jaw clenching.  TMJ http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tmj/basics/definition/con-20043566

jb