Author Topic: Holly Painter - Unsolved Murder \ Missing - Toronto (1995)  (Read 62285 times)

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Holly Painter - Unsolved Murder \ Missing - Toronto (1995)
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2012, 12:44:40 AM »
Holly disappeared and police believe was murdered back in 1995. I do not understand why people have posted info on an unidentified body deceased in 2003, since that is off by eight years and maybe these posts should be deleted so as not to confuse the case if they were posted by mistake.

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
Approaching another anniversary and still not solved. It's sad all this time gone. Someone knows more then they have said, I'm hoping as more time goes by their guilt eats away at them and they feel the need to make inner peace with themselves and tell the cops the truth.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2013, 11:22:30 PM »
Keep raising awareness about this case Never Lose Hope. As you so rightly put it in an earlier post - people don't usually fight with their casual acquaintances. Nor do they usually jump out of vehicles never to be seen again I might add.

The duo that walked will always be under a cloud of suspicion. Maybe through the internet we can connect with people in the UK who can find out about the UK life of the male suspect since he moved there.

theplumber

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2014, 10:44:04 AM »
Hello

There is more to the relationships here. If Steve and sue weren't together maybe holly was involved with him or even sue. I don't believe that holly just decided to get out and run , that's a silly idea all around since they were taking her home. Her parents lived by a graveyard as well, maybe there's something there. As for running after getting paid..... Hard to see because she had plans for her pay, she registered for a program and was about to get an award.... I don't believe for one second that there was a plan for her to go anywhere, especially with her so called "friends". I personally believe that the two of them "needed" cash to get to the border and beyond and thought that it was the easier way. The bronco should have been searched for something, anything as I am sure that holly's mother had provided some DNA to test against. This whole thing smells very fishy from the word go. Someone is not telling the whole story, mostly vague points that mean nothing.

Any more thoughts?

theplumber

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2014, 10:48:17 AM »
Also, just to state the obvious, I did know / do know Holly. We grew up together and I have been following along here for some time now. I visited her mother a few years ago and she is still very torn up about the whole ordeal. She wished that before her dad died he could have seen her one more time......

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »
theplumber thanks for joining the conversation.. I am always worried this is just lost in people's minds. I grew up less than a block away from where Holly was living so i have always felt a connection to this case.

You are certainly right.. people are not saying what they know and I stand by the fact people generally don't go around giving out their pin numbers to people, so this is all fishy.  I really hope this gets solved so her mom can have the closure she deserves.

theplumber

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »
Oh yes? I imagine around Dawes road / Danforth or so. Her parents lived at McCowan and st Clair.  If indeed she did get out of the truck, which I doubt fully, she could have walked it in less than an hour. More so If she was po'd There are lots of shortcuts through the schools adjacent and also through the cemetery on St Clair. We always used to cut through as it was a shorter distance than walking the street way. I think that she had already been hurt at that time slowing her progress. I think that the people she was with wanted the money, end of story. They didn't care how either. It's funny that the girl moved to the UK and decided to turn her back completely. One day she will become a mother, and I thoroughly hope that she worries every second of every day. I am a father myself and I could never bear something like this happening. If there were any shred of humanity in any of the parties involved, anything is better than the nothing that they have provided. The police this far have been as useful as tits on a bull. I had higher hopes of some kind of closure by now. I hope that something significant is discovered so that we can not only put Holly's mom at ease and have closure but to maybe lay Holly herself to a much deserved rest......
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:27:58 PM by debbiec »

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »
Actually to my understanding it was the guy who moved away to the UK.. I won't put his name here just in case but the woman I believe at least a few years ago still resided in Toronto... they interviewed her for Crime Files cold case edition and she flat out refused to be involved anymore in the case citing year of harassment.

theplumber

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »
One would think of that she is as innocent as she says, talking about it and not trying to duck out of things would be the way to go. Again I hope she has kids , and I hope that this is something that she thinks about for her entire life. It's been 20 years, I still think that she is hiding something. Maybe not for herself but for the other guy involved. I'd like to see them all interviewed again, watch one of them slip up. But then again, maybe after lying for so long it's the truth in their eyes. I thought that they could be re questioned by the police without any cause as technically it is still an open case? Am I wrong?

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »
As far as I know this case is still open and they did suspect fould play.

theplumber

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2014, 06:42:09 AM »
Well once again, on the map there is a plethora of places her body could have been dumped along the way. If indeed she was killed by these people, the likelihood of her being found is slim.

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »
22 years today... I really wish there could be a resolution for her family and justice for those who have harmed her if that is the case.

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2019, 12:14:11 PM »
24 years.. story not forgotten Holly..I hope you are found  I hope your mother gets answers and if someone has hurt you that they get what's coming to them.