Author Topic: Holly Painter - Unsolved Murder \ Missing - Toronto (1995)  (Read 61486 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Holly Painter - Unsolved Murder \ Missing - Toronto (1995)
« on: June 10, 2007, 04:19:13 PM »
http://www.mcsc.ca/media/mr_painter2006.asp

Born on February 2, 1977, Holly was just 18 years old at the time of her disappearance. She had been living in the 300 block area of Dawes road and had been working for the ?Save the Rouge Valley? organization in Scarborough. Holly is five feet six inches tall, has brown eyes, brown hair and weighs 115lbs, she is near-sighted and wears glasses.

Holly was last seen traveling to her parent?s house near Dawes Road and Donora Drive in the East York area around 7pm on the evening of June 26, 1995. It is alleged that on this night a male acquaintance drove her to her workplace in order to pick up her bank card. Later, the two met a female acquaintance and an exchange took place in Holly?s basement between the three. Afterwards, the male and female told Holly they would drive her to her parent?s house but somewhere along the way they claim that Holly jumped out of the truck and fled.

Holly?s bank card has since been used to withdraw small amounts of money from her bank account. However, Toronto homicide detectives have established that it was not Holly making the withdrawals.

Since Holly?s disappearance the Missing Children Society of Canada has worked to find her by conducting searches and investigations as well as organizing poster distributions, garnering media coverage and offering rewards. Unfortunately, Holly has not been found.

This year the Missing Children Society of Canada celebrates its 20th anniversary. Over the last 20 years the Missing Children Society of Canada has helped police close over 5,100 cases, but there are still many more missing children, like Holly, that need our help. It is for these children that the search continues and we ask the media and general public for their help in solving this case.

Anyone with information about Holly Painter should contact the Missing Children Society of Canada at 1-800-661-6160 or the Toronto Police Service at 416-808-7400.

-30-

The Missing Children Society of Canada is a registered non-profit organization dedicated to the search for runaway and abducted children. Our programs are provided free of charge to assist police and searching families in the active and on-going search for missing children.
For more information, contact Liz Ballendine, Director of Development at:
(403) 291 0705 or www.mcsc.ca

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Holly Painter - Unsolved Murder \ Missing - Toronto (1995)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 06:04:02 AM »
I watched this case on TV a while back. I got the impression that the 2 people who drove her and then dropped her off are the main suspects. The were caught using her bank card in New York after this night.

No other potential murderers were mentioned.

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »
This was actually RIGHT in my neighbourhood, the girl would have lived just up the street from me... scary.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 01:01:53 AM »
Hello never_lose_hope,

I watched this on Court TV. It is clear the killer was known to the victim. I mean, he used her bankcard in New York. It does not seem to be random. I hope this gets solved one day.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 01:40:38 AM »
It doesn't seem to me that the two who claimed Holly ran out of the vehicle are the same people who used the card in New York

In the show, it did in fact say the 2 who saw her leave the car were the ones who then went on to New York. They must have felt confident they would never get caught, and so far, they are right.

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 09:54:10 AM »
When I had read a police report/article on this case somewhere on-line (I'll try and find the link) it said the male acquaintance whom took Holly to get her bank card was the guy used the card in western New York, he admitted to this, but claimed to have no idea as to Holly's where abouts. I'd like to know who the guy is, give me 15 minutes and we'll see if he still knows nothing.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 11:53:11 PM »
LOL!

When I first read about waterboarding, I was quite appalled. But then after thinking about it, those 3 guys gave up information to the CIA that litterally saved lives.

I wonder how many cases could be solved if waterboarding was available? I know it will never happen, but if they use it to save thousands from a terror attack, why not 1 life?

Swordmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 03:01:02 AM »
Hm, I assume this case is solved. If not, I'd be glad to lend any aid I can.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 03:20:04 AM »
No it is not solved. How can you help?

Swordmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 03:21:42 AM »
Through all seriousness, I believe I can do some information gathering on the case, seeing as how I live in the general area.

To put it bluntly: I want to see justice.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 03:32:33 AM »
It would be nice. Court TV often has this case on its crime show. It is obvious I think, who did it. Hope you find something out. That would be great.

Swordmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 03:42:20 AM »
Of course, I give you my word I shall try. Would it be possible to get a summary of the details which have accumulated on the forum so far?

Also, I apologize if my thoughts and messages are not completely coherent at the moment.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 04:00:13 AM »

Hi Swordmaster, welcome to the site!

This is from the first post.
Holly was last seen traveling to her parent?s house near Dawes Road and Donora Drive in the East York area around 7pm on the evening of June 26, 1995. It is alleged that on this night a male acquaintance drove her to her workplace in order to pick up her bank card. Later, the two met a female acquaintance and an exchange took place in Holly?s basement between the three. Afterwards, the male and female told Holly they would drive her to her parent?s house but somewhere along the way they claim that Holly jumped out of the truck and fled.

Holly?s bank card has since been used to withdraw small amounts of money from her bank account. However, Toronto homicide detectives have established that it was not Holly making the withdrawals.

It appears to me that Holly had an argument with the people in the vehicle, and she jumped out. Then her card being used but it is not her.

Are you a friend of Hollies? From what I have read so far, she is a missing person. She may not have been killed. I don't know any information other than what is written on this thread.It is suspicious, but no charges have been laid as far as I know. I would like to know what kind of person Holly was, her interests, any boyfriend, or problems.

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 07:51:23 AM »
Hello Swordmaster.If you have anything more you could add to this case we would love to hear it.Anything we can do to help out loved ones find peace would be wounderful.
Thanks for joining.

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »
Okay call me obsessive which I know I am, but I have re-watched the crime files episode profiling this like a ton of times and it is quite frankly driving me nuts.

The two people she was last with Steven Warner and Susan Livingston have to know more than they let on, Susan seems to be a real bitch about it not wanting to answer questions any more and hiring a lawyer to deal with all the police "harrasment" which apparently ruined her life. And Warner now resides in the UK?? Odd no? If they were just aquaintences as she claimed what would they have to get in an altercation about at Holly's residence? I don't typically fight with my aquaintences. I wish there was something I could do to somehow help resolve this case and bring the Painter family closure, much deserved closure. Anyone else have any insight?