Author Topic: (SOLVED)Neighbours mourn Cape Breton senior's suspicious death Angus MacLean  (Read 10419 times)

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
Spears was already in RCMP custody in Lower Sackville on unrelated charges when he was arrested Thursday for the murder of Angus MacLean, 82, who died on Dec. 8.

Sorry I dont know how to just quote a sentence..it seems that at least at the time of his arrest he was in custody on unrelated charges, which means that he must have been out roaming the streets at some point >:( >:( >:(

arghhhh. I think our judges,lawyers,politicians, and even some police need a good smack in the head and have news articles like these placed infront of them and be made to honestly tell us why these people are roaming around in society. Because I think the answer would truly be shocking to some.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Blame it on our lax criminal laws, and sentences. They have cost an innocent Senior his life.  We cannot reform such monsters, but we can reform our laws.

peace
jb

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
Cape Breton man gets life sentence for murder of 82-year-old senior
PORT HAWKESBURY, N.S. - A 61-year-old man has been sentenced to life in prison for the stabbing death of a Cape Breton senior last fall.

James Edison Spears pleaded guilty Monday in Nova Scotia Supreme Court in Port Hawkesbury to second-degree murder in the killing of 82-year-old Angus Archie MacLean.

The elderly man was killed in his home in Colindale on Dec. 8, 2010.

Judge Simon MacDonald said Spears will have to serve at least 14 years of his sentence before being eligible for parole.

Three victim-impact statements were read in court by relatives of the murdered senior.

Spears, of Port Hood, was arrested last April and originally charged with first-degree murder.

He chose not to address the court during sentencing.

Crown lawyer Kathryn Pentz was pleased with the outcome.

"We're satisfied that the appropriate charge was laid and pled to and that the parole eligibility was appropriate," she said outside court.

Pentz said Spears confessed to police while being questioned on another matter. She said he was extremely remorseful for his actions.

"We certainly did have to take that into account in the sentencing recommendation but it certainly does not in any way diminish the horrific offence that was committed," she said.

(CIGO)

http://www.bellaliant.net/news/articles_stories/regional/?storyId=26822298

solvy

• View Profile
Thank you whisper for bringing this to the forum.  I always like to see the outcome from charges laid.  It is so sad to see Mr. Mclean lived such a long life only to be snuffed out like that. So terribly sad all around. Rip Angus McLean.

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile

What a coward and piece of trash this Spears guy is.

My heart bleeds for Mr. MacLean's family.  Rest in Peace, Sir.

capeheart

• View Profile
Justice for Mr. MacLean. And so good to see this SOB put behind bars for life. He shot that man for no reason whatsoever. My prayers to the family of Mr. MacLean, to know that there was justice for their loved one.