Author Topic: RCMP "F" Division Major Crimes - Saskatoon Historical Case Unit  (Read 17796 times)

RCMP Saskatoon HCU

• View Profile
RCMP "F" Division Major Crimes - Saskatoon Historical Case Unit
« on: December 08, 2010, 10:18:57 AM »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: RCMP "F" Division Major Crimes - Saskatoon Historical Case Unit
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:59:53 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for being here and sharing that information. I'm sure many here will visit your Facebook page.

Have heard some very positive things about the Saskatoon Historical Case Unit. Good to have you here.

SAP

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »
Thank you CPL Pillay. Although I didn't find the FB site, I did get lost for awhile on other articles concerning older cases and I do hope you have success going on FB.

RCMP Saskatoon HCU

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
SAP, try this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saskatoon-SK/RCMP-F-Division-Major-Crimes-North-Historical-Case-Unit/160151537351983

I understand that after we have 25 "fans" we can get our facebook address customized. We are still working the bugs out of our use of the platform.

Thanks,

Cpl. KS Pillay

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »
Cpl. KS Pillay, Let me start, by saying Welcome to our group. It is nice to have you with us.
Thank you for the FB link, I will for sure be checking it out.

SAP

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
SAP, try this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saskatoon-SK/RCMP-F-Division-Major-Crimes-North-Historical-Case-Unit/160151537351983

I understand that after we have 25 "fans" we can get our facebook address customized. We are still working the bugs out of our use of the platform.

Thanks,

Cpl. KS Pillay

Thank you for the direct link, Cpl. Pillay. I had found another link and articles on Cindy Blazek murder and read that there were two charged for her murder in 1987...the teen was let go and an older man won an appeal but no further info. I was wondering if it was for insufficient evidence and the article didn't say whether he remained a POI.
So many many cases where family need closure. 

BTW, Welcome to our group Cpl. Pillay. Hopefully we can all help each other. :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:08:14 PM by SAP »

Sleuth

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 11:58:54 PM »
I agree with whispersoftly, I'm not a fan of FB, and maybe you can post some of the cases here. It is very surprising who pops in to add their contributing voice to the choir.
And Welcome aboard!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 01:12:21 AM »
Thanks, if it is OK I can add some of what you post to this site for people who do not use facebook?

And yes, the IP verifies this poster is whom they claim to be.

Another question. Even though y'all are Saskatoon Historical case Unit, on your facebook site, it seems to indicate all of Saskatchewan. So this includes the entire province?

I live in deep SW Saskatchewan. It seems there is not a single case of missing persons or unsolved murders around here. Good luck or a great place to live.

Thanks.

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 08:31:31 AM »
Welcome and good luck with the facebook.

Thanks for all the hard work your doing. :-*

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 03:07:01 PM »
Wonderful news....Cpl. KS Pillay....Hopefully it will be a positive experience for us "Civvies" and Law Enforcement.  ;)

wenchette

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »
Thanks, if it is OK I can add some of what you post to this site for people who do not use facebook?

And yes, the IP verifies this poster is whom they claim to be.

Another question. Even though y'all are Saskatoon Historical case Unit, on your facebook site, it seems to indicate all of Saskatchewan. So this includes the entire province?

I live in deep SW Saskatchewan. It seems there is not a single case of missing persons or unsolved murders around here. Good luck or a great place to live.

Thanks.

wenchette

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »
Chris, now I understand why you are a very effective admin. for this website...I personally don't use Facebook...quite frankly don't trust it...too much burrowing into peoples' private lives...but would much appreciate seeing info. on missing people from Saskatchewan...especially historical cases...your checking out the IP address...made a lot of sense...

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
Thanks Wenchette!

RCMP Saskatoon HCU

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

Chris, we understand that once our press releases and facebook posts go out, the content is now in the public domain. So, the further it is disseminated, the better. Anything you pursue in that regard would be appreciated.

Thanks for the warm welcome. We'll see how this goes.

Cpl. KS Pillay

SAP

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
BCID already posted Albert Kunkel under Saskatchewan.