Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Mceachren  (Read 2063 times)

dbro

• View Profile
Mceachren
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:30:06 AM »
Does anyone know if the murder of Roberta Mceachren was solved.  The murder happened in Bird's Hill Park in the late 60's.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Mceachren
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 12:34:31 AM »
Chances are it was since the police do not list htat case. did you know this person?

BCID

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 07:06:14 AM »
The murders were of Roberta Lee McEachern (18) and Franklin Douglas Duval (20) in 1968.

They were actually found in a ditch on a Sunday morning about 2 miles south of Birds Hill Park. Roberta was found about 500 yards further north from Franklin.

I have checked the files available to me and I also checked Google News Archive but there is no resolve to this case listed.

The last update was in 1971 listing their murder as one of many Manitoba unsolved.

If anyone could confirm if this case is now solved or unsolved, please let this website know.

For now it is the call of the admins and mods. I have the info at my fingertips but it's up to you guys if you want the file to become active on the site.

SamSkye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
The last known place they were seen was  the olympic drive inn on hwy 59....was never solved.....

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here