Author Topic: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010  (Read 107921 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »
LookingforMike: Thank you for posting.  And thank you for  finally putting this matter to rest.

One can only hope that Your Unfavorite Person - will come to the realization of harm and devastation created.

Good luck to you and Mike's family - and my heartfelt sympathy goes to you and his children.

PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:41:22 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2011, 11:30:45 AM »
Unless I was completely blind or lied to for the past couple of years Mike NEVER had a bodyguard.
I've never seen him with one.. yet I've seen him at all different hours of the day and night by himself or with his family.

the "theories" and "stories" flying around are comical at best. If people understood Sylvia (the main key to this story) they would have a clearer picture as to why this IS a suicide. Sylvia is operationg within her LEGAL means. She is selling the building they were in not the "business". Mikes assets are being handled by the courts. If he was alive this wouldn't be happening.

Good rest his soul and bring peace to his family.
We have our answer. The car is now a mute point, I guess.
It was a suicide. His assets are now being handled by the courts.
How awful.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:11:04 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »
I think this whole scenario shows how easy it would be to fake a suicide and disappear as few want to upset the family and delve into things, or how easy it would be to murder someone and make it look like a suicide, if one could do it. In any case, a body wasn't found and there is still conjecture.

Yes Ahnra, that is true but we have no proof whatsoever that is the case here.

This whole scenario has been gone through many times. At this point we have no proof that this wasn't suicide.

I've asked myself what would I feel like if this was my family member. Would I appreciate people trying to pry into every corner of my life? Having just lost someone, would I feel 'up to' making sure that everyone's curiosity was put to rest about what I knew, and when I knew it? Grief is a private journey. These people are trying to deal with the loss of a husband/father/friend/. I do not feel that anyone owe's us an explanation. 

Perhaps somewhere down the road we will learn differently about what happened here, but until then it appears that Mike's family, friends and RCMP believe this was a suicide.

You've made some very good points about suicide, Ahnra. As you know we do have a thread that could benefit from your ideas and insight.

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »

Every time I saw Mike with Sylvia, he was holding her hand wherever he went, definitely showing ownership, possession - proud, it seemed. Perhaps something happened to the relationships, I don't know, but it does seem a very practical and efficient ending to the business elements, just not to the Mike aspects with it kind of just drifting into nothingness.

I forgot about that thread. That would be a more suitable place for discussion at this point, perhaps. Some individual family members such as an ex or soon to be exwife (not referring to this case as I know nothing about the relationship or Sylvia) aren't sad when people die, actually, though.

This confuses me, Ahnra.  Today at 4:12pm you made it sound like you saw Mike and Sylvia a lot... then at 6:27pm you say you know nothing about them.  Which is it?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2011, 11:39:51 PM »
This afternoon was the first time I've posted on this thread in some time. I stated that at this time we have no proof that Mike's disappearance was anything other than suicide. That is still the way I see it. That having been said, I've also taken note of some behaviour here on the site, that makes me wonder about things.

I've heard others say that there are people lurking on the site watching this thread, and have observed that myself. That makes me curious, as I have to wonder why it is so important that these people know exactly what is being said here. I've been on the site a number of times when someone has been posting on this thread and that person (s) just 'happens to show up'. I'm wondering.....is that meant to be intimidation? We all know that one doesn't have to be logged on to read. Why are these people so nervous?

That is just an observation on my part.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »
Mike's whereabouts is very simple, his remains are  in the North Saskatchewan River.  The river and undertow surprisingly travels at 14 km per hour.  I have confidence that his remains will eventually be found.
It is very hard on his children and until his remains are found they are probably finding it difficult for closure. How his children are feeling , is conjecture on my part, but if they are like most families in these circumstances, that is probably how they feel.
They must be devastated . God  Bless them.
PEACE
JB

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
I have been off a long time...too long...because I did not know this happened. I knew Mike.

Mike is very clever!

Mike is a very good salesman...did he close the deal?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »
Unless I was completely blind or lied to for the past couple of years Mike NEVER had a bodyguard.
I've never seen him with one.. yet I've seen him at all different hours of the day and night by himself or with his family.

the "theories" and "stories" flying around are comical at best. If people understood Sylvia (the main key to this story) they would have a clearer picture as to why this IS a suicide. Sylvia is operationg within her LEGAL means. She is selling the building they were in not the "business". Mikes assets are being handled by the courts. If he was alive this wouldn't be happening.

Everything in his estate is before the courts. And to quote the above, if he were alive this would not happen
JB

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2011, 12:00:57 AM »
He was a devout catholic!

If it is true...may God have mercy on his soul! Amen.

May all who loved him be comforted by God's grace.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2011, 11:38:22 AM »
God is constant and  always has mercy and love. To my mind, religions do not show mercy, and love on a constant basis.

PEACE
JB

SAP

« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »

Everything in his estate is before the courts. And to quote the above, if he were alive this would not happen
JB

You have seen the Notices to Claimants and Creditors that is customary in cases like this ... published in the Edmonton Journal regarding Mike's holdings? If you have, then I would agree the matter is before the courts at this time. These proceedings can and do happen whether a person is deceased, or just "missing" according to proper protocol.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »
Mike Kozicki never made it on the Edmonton City Police Missing Persons List. How come.?? They should place him on it?

PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:07:27 PM by jellybean »

lookingformike

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »
Mike Kozicki never made it on the Edmonton City Police Missing Persons List. How come.?? They should place him on it?

PEACE
JB

They won't place him on the list because they have no evidence suggesting that this is anything other than a suicide.

To the poster above, I am dealing directly with the Public Trustee. I don't need to see anything in the paper when I am speaking directly with the people handling his affairs.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »
Until Mike is found...alive or deceased, he is considered missing.

Makes sense to me!

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:06 PM »

Thanks BB81. I was able to find this news article.

Body pulled from the North Saskatchewan River
4:50pm
EDMONTON/630 CHED
4/10/2011

A body pulled from the North Saskatchewan River Sunday is now with the Medical Examiner's office.

The M.E. will determine how the body, believed to be that of a man, died.

Edmonton Police aren't able to say how long the body was lodged in the ice but EPS says the death is not being treated as suspicious.

It was found near the Edmonton Queen Riverboat in the area of 92nd Street and 98th Avenue around the noon hour. (ph)

http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1399581