Author Topic: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010  (Read 105738 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 06:40:02 PM »
Thanks SAP. I have removed post referring to Kostick

SAP

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 07:51:27 PM »
Thanks SAP. I have removed post referring to Kostick
No problem. Some names are easy to cofuse. :)

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
re: jelly bean..
I believe that he was expected at the police station to answer some questions, and he did not appear

Or did he? RE agents see alot of things, maybe even run into the odd growop or some other unexpected situation.. His vehicle is at the police station.. they seem to have information early and or are involved in some way.

from Deb
It is a curious statement that the RCMP made that this is not criminal in nature. I feel they must have some information that we are not privy to in order to make that statement. What do they know?

Witness protection program? The police don't facilitate escape from financial difficulty do they?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 08:20:49 PM »
The police don't facilitate escape from financial difficulty do they?

Not that I've ever heard of! This is strange right from the beginning. Starting with the fact that Mike was reported to be missing by the RCMP before even his own wife, was expecting him home. How did they know he was missing?

When someone goes missing isn't it usual that someone reports that to the RCMP and not the other way around? There is something wrong with this picture.

SAP

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 09:37:35 PM »
Are there any rules for Real estste agents reporting a crime? If they saw something in a home, grow op for instance, is there any procedure in place? Or does the guy just go to the cops on his own if he wants?

And, have the police confirmed it was them who made the call?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »
The police don't facilitate escape from financial difficulty do they?

Not that I've ever heard of! This is strange right from the beginning. Starting with the fact that Mike was reported to be missing by the RCMP before even his own wife, was expecting him home. How did they know he was missing?

When someone goes missing isn't it usual that someone reports that to the RCMP and not the other way around? There is something wrong with this picture.

It was the City Police who reported him missing at 9:00 pm.  Yes, that is a twist and also a page turner.  ???

JB
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:42:54 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »
Who is saying that they are selling their building? Probably they are leasing space in the building, and the actual owner of the commercial building has put it up for sale,  and Mike got the listing.  No???

bestcho

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 02:12:59 AM »
Or simply that he comitted suicide or attempted. They will not report and will not give details, even if they have located him, whether or not his attempt was successful

Anna

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 02:30:44 AM »
There was a snippet in the Edmonton Sun about his disappearance on December 9th/10 ( Page 11)  I remember hearing about the abandoned Mercedes on the bridge that night ( On Edmonton Fire Radio)  Very strange disappearance! ( You have to wonder what transpired on that bridge that night... )

Help Sought

Jeff Cummings
Edmonton Sun

Edmonton City cops are asking the public's help in finding a well-known realtor who disappeared on Nov. 14.  Mike Kozicki, a 50 year old broker with Century 21 Royal Real Estate, was reported missing after police found his abandoned black 2008 Mercedes-Benz on the middle of the High Level Bridge that night. Dean Parthenis, a police spokesman says investigators are hoping to hear from any motorists who were on the bridge and may have seen "any unusual activity" that night. Police are asking witnesses to call 780-423-4567.  This case is considered to be non-criminal and it's still an active investigation, said Parthenis. Kozicki was named to the Edmonton Real Estate Board's elite  $ 10 Million club ( $10 Million in sales) in 1997. He was also named Century 21's top Canadian realtor in 1998.

jeff.cummings@sunmedia.ca

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 02:53:12 AM »
They will leave the request for information open and still treat it as a missing person case even if he is found?  First I have seen this report, an abandoned vehicle on a bridge, hmmm I guess that changes things a fair bit.
from betscho
Or simply that he comitted suicide or attempted. They will not report and will not give details, even if they have located him, whether or not his attempt was successful

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 05:41:51 AM »
I find it very odd that Mike went to work as usual that morning, and the police called the wife at 9 that night to tell her that her husband was missing.   Yes, I know his car was found near the police station; but why did they say he was missing when 24 hours had not passed?
  If the wife had of called the cops and said her husband was late, and she hadn't heard from him, I am almost certain the cops would have said it is too soon to report him missing.....what gives??

Also, why is the wife selling the brokerage so soon??
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:00:35 AM by jobo »

Anna

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »
I heard about the SUV adandonded on the bridge  live while it was happening & then read it in the paper with Mike's name associated to it  yesterday  ... I also read  ( not confirmed) that there was a suicide note in the vehicle...

Mike's wife was contacted in under 24 hours  because a vehicle found abandoned in the middle of the bridge was registered to him ( Not to mention the unconfirmed suicide note )   Air One & Stars were  called out  that night to do a search just after the vehicle was found ( No mention of a recovery)

SAP

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
Oh man, it's starting to fall together now and it's not looking good at all. Thank you Anna. We need to be careful what we say out of respect for the man and his family and friends. So very sad.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »

Sadly it is becoming apparent now why the police contacted Mike's wife so early on. I hope there will be some type of closure for her in all of this.

Thanks Anna.