Author Topic: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010  (Read 107575 times)

tanis

• View Profile
Re: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2010, 07:24:17 AM »
THE HIGH LEVEL BRIDGE trailer

This Film Doc. has won a Film Award, it is 5 minutes in length, although this Youtube is just a shorter version.
Could be this Film maker would be a good person to chat with.
Also note the date it was posted.  (  Watch the weather conditions closely)
If you google about the HighLevel Bridge in Edmonton, comments say the water is shallow here, lots of mud, also velocity = more broken legs, back issues because the mud helps to break falls.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2010, 09:07:38 AM »
The water may not be deep or frozen, but it would still be too cold, and one would not survive long.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »

So . . . there are cameras on the bridge?

any on roads and stores at either end?

SAP

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2010, 01:00:48 PM »
SAP - what/who is LE?

Sorry. LE= Law enforcement (police).

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »
That bridge...odd that the fencing/mesh doesn't go all the way across.    I know the Bloor St Viaduct in Toronto had to be meshed/fenced to discourage suicide....and it sounds like this High Level Bridge is a known suicide choice.

The car being left in the middle of the bridge makes me think that whoever left it there wanted it found real fast.

tanis

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »
http://thegatewayonline.ca/articles/arts-entertainment/2010/12/02/high-level-s-morbid-legacy#comment-3118

Is this article not a clue that was written in this paper.
Look at the (Name that wrote it)
Look at the date it was published.
There have been no other supposed reports of anyone jumping off of the bridge,  since the date first reported, however police have said two persons jumped, the same day, same location, one body was found, and it was not Mike Kozicki.
So is it not likely this gal was a witness,  that wrote this for the paper?
All a person has to do is go to a Registry Office and pull (Legal description of their buildings or property's) and also on these same documents, the Public can pull Mortgage Links info.
This info is not Private, but Public Info.
Anyone can do it, it will show who the Owners are.

thesweethereafter

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
I know several people who dealt with Mike, and they speak of him highly.
They were not impressed by interacting with someone else however.
And, some prior posts sound very accurate according to what I heard first hand.
I'm wondering if somebody was just a stepping stone to success.
Hypothetically speaking, I know that if you love someone, and if, lets speculate, that one day you thought  they are pulling out, its devastating. Lost love, lost wealth, lost future.

Curious if somebody left their spouse for the current relationship or not. That would no doubt add insult and regret x 2, yes?

tanis

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »
Response to your question, yes correct name.
Articles written in newspapers need to be in a week or so before deadlines of editing and printing, which would date back closer to the Mid November date.
Also this article in paper mentions, Police telling her about when a person commits suicide.
Likely, this is a witness the Police may have talked to, or may not have talked to.
Public knowledge of folks making statements about two persons jumping from the bridge, and only one body being located, which was not Mike's.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:41:25 PM by tanis »

SAP

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »
Well there have been several comments made that don't make the Mrs. very appealing sounding even if she was beautiful. One comment was...starting as a receptionist and sleeping her way to the top...if marriages were broken due to this and the Mr. finally realized that old habits weren't so old and perhaps saw he was her last rung in this round...yet the way he went around it is quite bizarre. As simply a receptionist, she wouldn't have made such a bundle to spring a mortgage company, unless she took number 1 to the cleaners.
As far as the Mr. goes, an article claims his dtr won some acclaimed prize in Austria and it was for European girls, so did No 1 and dtr go back to Europe after the divorce?
For Sylvia, work apparently went on as usual, full swing, and selling the office rather quickly. Well what goes around usually comes around, sooner or later.

Insider1

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »
I don't know where or how the rumour started that Mike took off his clothes and left them in the car, but I can assure you that this rumour is absolutely 100% false.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:48:43 PM by Insider1 »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »
It certainly didn't make sense if he did remove his clothes....In fact I was starting to think his disappearance was made to look like a suicide.   Thanks for clearing that up Insider1.

I will say one thing.....they made an odd couple, in my eyes.

Insider1

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2010, 02:42:50 PM »
I'm not sure who Tandis spoke to at EPS, but perhaps they were un/misinformed because Mike is indeed the subject of an ongoing Missing Person investigation.

That fact was already posted on this forum - both in the original Sun article, as well as a follow-up, which was written because the original article was incorrect/misleading and police thought it would prevent people from coming forward as witnesses. 

The follow-up was posted on here by Anna on December 10, and includes a statement from the EPS spokesperson, Dean Parthenis:

There was a snippet in the Edmonton Sun about his disappearance on December 9th/10 ( Page 11)  I remember hearing about the abandoned Mercedes on the bridge that night ( On Edmonton Fire Radio)  Very strange disappearance! ( You have to wonder what transpired on that bridge that night... )

Help Sought

Jeff Cummings
Edmonton Sun

Edmonton City cops are asking the public's help in finding a well-known realtor who disappeared on Nov. 14.  Mike Kozicki, a 50 year old broker with Century 21 Royal Real Estate, was reported missing after police found his abandoned black 2008 Mercedes-Benz on the middle of the High Level Bridge that night. Dean Parthenis, a police spokesman says investigators are hoping to hear from any motorists who were on the bridge and may have seen "any unusual activity" that night. Police are asking witnesses to call 780-423-4567.  This case is considered to be non-criminal and it's still an active investigation, said Parthenis. Kozicki was named to the Edmonton Real Estate Board's elite  $ 10 Million club ( $10 Million in sales) in 1997. He was also named Century 21's top Canadian realtor in 1998.

jeff.cummings@sunmedia.ca

This is all that's been released. But I can confirm that his clothes haven't ben found (because he didn't take them off), and he is still Missing.

Insider1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
On a side note, I agree with you, Jobo, that they made an odd couple. I also agree with all the other posters who have commented on Sylvia sleeping her way to the top (she started as his receptionist), her ugly temper, her business-as-usual attitude after his disappearance - including listing the recently renovated building his new brokerage is in a week after his car was found...the list goes on.

I know this has all been very hard on Mike's two children (his daughter, who was mentioned in the article, but also his son), and I'm sure they would appreciate privacy during this difficult time.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2010, 03:06:56 PM »
Thanks for the information. So it is confirmed, this is a missing persons case, and thus far, it appears to be a suicide, but that is just speculation at this time.

He is missing, the police are still working on this, I hope it is solved soon.

SAP

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Welcome Insider 1 and thanks for the info.
From the very beginning some things did not sit right, starting from Sylvia being quoted as saying that Police called her at 9 PM to say Mike was missing and in her mind she went through 10,000 scenarios. Other comments made were that Mike's business day didn't end until way later. That is unusual that a person gets a call like that within 24 hours and if so it's done by person and not phone. I suppose it still all depends on what was on the note found. It takes awhile for an expert to determine if the writing was Mike's and whether he was co-erced to write the note.
Sylvia being the user she is, and selling the company so fast leads to a great deal of speculation. What I too worry about is a murder dressed up as suicide and not particularly by Sylvia...could be anyone with a jealous streak of Mike's successes by anyone.