Author Topic: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010  (Read 107409 times)

D1

• View Profile
Re: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 02:14:02 AM »
I agree someone should hang in there and watch long enough to make sure this isn't the case.
What a ploy to deter a full search should it be a ruse.

Anna

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 02:24:59 AM »
If the death is ruled a Suicide Insurance does not pay out. There were reports that evening that there was a note in the vehicle - It would be definitely be classified as a suicide.

It is winter in Alberta people... Ice on the water ( even if it is only in spots) It will be awhile before anything is found. ( River current could carry anything all the way to Saskatchewan - even under the ice) That night helicopters were out looking.

If you read that article again it was not the spouse who inferred to the media that that the vehicle was found  by the police station. I actually heard the entire incident live on Edmonton Fire Radio... It indeed was found in the middle of the high level bridge.

Perhaps those who has questions about Suicide  should look at this website: http://www.suicideinfo.ca/csp/go.aspx?tabid=5
If you look hard enough they have all the statistics there. 

SAP

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 02:40:41 PM »
Ahnra, you give alot of food for thought. The world needs more yous. :) Unfortunately, those 'qualified' by education standards are not always well qualified in other ways, meaning they just don't have the people skills.
These kinds of circumstances are wake up calls. It only takes seconds to smile and ask a person who seems 'down', what the problem is and offer a helping hand, or lend an ear. Sometimes it only takes 'listening' to make an impact on a person in need.

SAP

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
Thank you Ahnra. :)
I'm not sure what I think at the moment and without any further news I have nothing left to say either.
I thought the ice on the river was well frozen by now, but I'm probably wrong, especially if the river was flowing quite fast. I just didn't think it was possible Mike would go through, yet no one spotted him in the searches. If not found now while the water flow is still visible, it could be next Spring and far from the city.
This is a very sad situation for any family so close to Christmas. My thoughts and prayers continue that a higher being direct and  watch over the family in their daily lives and that they may find some peace. 

tanis

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »
Mike Kozicki is a very talented, Realtor, and over the many years he has been in business, has done very well.
Over this past year numerous staff have had to leave their jobs, because of "Anger Management Issues" they have had to deal with from Sylvia Kozicki.

At least 3 Seceratary's and 1 Mortgage Broker, have had to deal with Sylvia Kozicki's anger issues towards them.
Mike has been known to have calmly asked if everyone could sit down, and Sylvia would scream out of control.

The 1st thing a concerned and loving spouse would do, would be to contact, hospitals and police.

Also why did Sylvia Kozicki comment, which is in the papers, saying she has had over 10,000 thoughts running through her mind what could have happened? is Sylvia trying to start a theory of suicide, to elude and turn others to think on those lines?

Has Mike been Murdered?  Even Jessica Fletcher would bring this women in for questioning!

Why is it that the Police had to inform Sylvia that they had found Mike's car? This is stated in newspapers.
Also why is it that the Edmonton Police station has no record of Mike's disappearance?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:10:23 PM by tanis »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »
Really? and she looks so sweet and innocent in that picture! Another book and cover situation, I believe it warrants watching, those early calls for silence and consideration for the grieving family may have been a little premature. Imagine there is a face book link for that?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »
It sure sounds like Mike was married to the wicked witch of the west. Well, I certainly can see why a mild mannered man would want to jump somewhere, but why didn't he just get a divorce and head for the hills somewhere. Maybe Mike didn't jump, maybe he just walked to an airport and got on a plane or went across the border to the US. Mike, if you did, I applaud you and I understand if you chose to take this route. Hopefully you are sitting in some classy hotel, sipping on brandy and thinking about where you'll get your next job. I feel bad for the people who do miss and care for you. I do hope that they will find what has happened to this man for the sake of his children. :o :o :o :o

SAP

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 11:01:39 PM »
Tanis, you are saying the EPS don't know of Mike's disappearance? Yet the reporter who talked to Sylvia stated and it must have come from Sylvia that Police contacted her at 9 PM that Mike is missing, a time he usually isn't even home from the office yet. Someone else mentioned that calls to/from the cells go to the office phone...Anyone could have impersonated a Policeman on the phone, and that is one thing they don't do is call a person to let them know someone is missing. They come to the door.
Are the Police aware now? I hope so. Who would have called Air 1 and Stars?
Alot of things can be erased that should have been yellow taped right off the bat. Who was Mike's appointment that day when he sounded out of sorts, for an example? All his appointments needed to be looked at and also family interviewed as well as staff. This is getting more bizarre sounding by the minute.
Someone else made some comments and then withdrew them, about Sylvia's character. There comes a time when a person can't take domineering any longer and something gives. I guess since the business Mke created went up for sale so fast means someone is sure he isn't coming back. This is sounding like something out of an FBI/NCIS show.   

tanis

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2010, 02:19:11 PM »
Factual information - When you  go to the  Edmonton Police directly to give information, that the Edmonton Police can verify to be factual information,  and they can decide for themselves if the information is helpful, the Edmonton Police have made statements, saying that there is no Missing Persons report on file for Mike Kozicki.
I find this to be very disturbing and left wondering what the heck is going on here.
Not sure if this is because they do not wish to investigate leads, or because Mike was born in Poland, and they are just not interested.
There is a difference when a person wants to provide information, versus asking for information.
Providing information to Police  is not a violation to any Privacy Laws in Canada.

I am very disappointed in the Edmonton Police Service.
Also why is this story not on the TV News Channels?

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:21:25 PM by tanis »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2010, 03:45:16 PM »
I would not be too disappointed with the police. When they are silent, that is good news. That means they are working on something.

The bridge would have multiple camera feeds, so anything that might have happened is on video probably from many angles.

Just the fact alone that no one has claimed this is solved, and it is almost a month later, IMO means there is a whole lot more to this story then the media or anyone else has published.

Myself included, something never felt right about this from the beginning, and it is comforting that others feel the same way. What though, will it turn out to be?

If this is murder. It is a clear 1st degree murder case. No parole for 25 years.

SAP

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2010, 03:55:48 PM »
Tanis, I agree with Chris.
If Police divulge what they know or think, it would likely jeopardize their investigations. Also since Mike is an adult they wouldn't divulge what they know.
Not long ago there was another case on here where an eastern man vanished. You tube and FB were set up to search for him. The man apparently contacted Police that he was safe and not ready to face whatever it was that caused his distress. Police there gave just the briefest news to family, that he was safe and no more as he is an adult. Further they contacted those who had a search via other means and asked that those be removed. Nothing more said.

So I don't think it's the case where Police are not involved, just that it's all confidential and Mike is an adult and investigations need to be quiet. jmho

tanis

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »
I am very disappointed in the Edmonton Police, when you have information that may help  Police, and you go to see the Police, and they tell you there is not a Missing Person's file on Mike Kozicki, they may very well lose clues that may paint a different picture.
Again I will say giving information to any Police Officer, is not the same as asking the Police for information.

The newspaper article in the Edmonton Sun said to call the Edmonton Police, The Edmonton Sun provided the phone number, however someone has forgotten to tell the Edmonton Police.

Call or go to a Edmonton Police detachment and ask to speak to the investigating Police Officer and see first hand what their clueless response is.

A person may as well call 411 and get a wrong number.

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
If, infact, he did take off his clothes and left a note, add in what was said before that he left his glasses,wallet,cell phone in his vehicle . This has to be the most bizarre suicide situation that I have ever heard of..ever!

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 06:16:32 PM »

I guess, if he was naked, he didn't have anywhere to store his wallet, glasses, cell phone......

*shrugs*