Author Topic: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010  (Read 103164 times)

Anna

• View Profile
Re: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 10:39:42 AM »
Oh man, it's starting to fall together now and it's not looking good at all. Thank you Anna. We need to be careful what we say out of respect for the man and his family and friends. So very sad.

Very sad indeed...  And yes we need to be careful what we say out of respect to those closest.  These things happen more often than we think (I heard of two other incidences on bridges  that same week) I don't think there is going to be too much more media attention to this case - I think that the article in the paper (Sun) was to get more witnesses to come forward. 

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 10:55:57 AM »
Yes, without witnesses, its still open but does indicate that his body has never been found.

Anna

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 11:51:44 AM »
Exactly. If anyone feels  the details I gave  of anything I heard/read  & posted might be offensive to family or friends  please remove it. 

Another message board gives vague details of the incident ( That I  personally heard live when it happened.)  What I read in the paper yesterday made me want to give the  people who were speculating  about what happened closure to this sad situation.

Anna

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 12:11:19 PM »
Thank You Anna. :'(
My heart goes out to his family and friends, :'(

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »
Yes, thanks Anna....now I understand the police going to the wife so early on.    I am also saddened.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 04:39:54 PM »
Sadly this happens all too often.  Often without any prior clues given to loved ones or friends.  Often they are warm and generous people, who give of themselves.  We need more outreach centers to help those in pain.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:44:40 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »
Very sad news if Mike has committed suicide. I feel for his family at this time. I was hoping for a different outcome. But if Mike was a workaholic, that is possibly what drove him over the edge. He maybe just had been overwhelmed for a long time. :( :( :( :( :(

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 04:24:18 PM »
Capeheart:  We will never hear another word about what happened to Mike.  We will never know. The main paper in Edmonton has not whispered a thing about it.  He could have returned home for all we know.  Let us hope.

JB

bestcho

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 07:29:11 AM »
The reason suicides are not reported, is twofold. number one is because when others are in depressed suicidal state, and they hear of another persons  successful suicide, they have an affinity to copycat. Secondly, is the trouble it may cause to the family and the stigma still attached to suicide. as I recall(if my memory serves me correctly) the stats indicate that immediate family to a suicide victim , are five times more likely to do it themselves. Let's hope this not the case here. But the signs indicate that it is likely

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 07:43:28 AM »
That is quite understandable. 

It's almost like a "read between the lines" type of problem.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:44:07 AM by jobo »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »
Ahnra is saying alot of things, one about us even discussing the issue. I agree with Betscho on the immediacy of the issue for the family but really if he did committ they know or should know.

Ahnra also points out, unless there are eye witnessess, with holding the information pre empts any chance of obtaining the facts to determine the case on if it is at all in question.

Finally, if there is a problem with a rash of RE agents committing suicide, talk about it openly before there are more, identify those at risk and be proactive about the situation. Silence may just cause more harm than good.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2010, 02:47:36 PM »
Due to our culture it is an extremely sensitive issue.  Perhaps we could open a thread only for this - with no case files.  There are a number of guests that viewed and are presently viewing  this thread, and because of it's very sensitive nature, I don't think that I will be posting on it again. However, I am praying for a good outcome for this family.

Peace
JB
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 04:36:43 PM by jellybean »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2010, 07:00:38 PM »
Even one witness report would be nice! Done deal then..

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2010, 08:03:38 PM »
ahh, but this isn't a crime is it?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 12:32:31 AM »
Even if this were a suicide, by now, word would have leaked out and confirmed that. It might not be published in the news, but it would be among those whom knew this man.

Not finding a body is odd.

There was a case in NYC exactly like this recently, where the man left his car, it was assumed he died, but he turned up in another country.

I want to follow this case, I am not accusing anyone of anything, nor implying wrong doing, but in the interest of Mike, this could have been a setup, to make it appear a suicide and I believe it will be revealed one way or another.

My thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones.