Author Topic: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010  (Read 105154 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Body+missing+Edmonton+realtor+found/4758448/story.html

May he finally RIP

Thanks for the update ikshar. My thoughts are with all of Mike's family and friends.

RIP Mike.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2011, 11:11:01 AM »
http://www.legacy.com/can-edmonton/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=151001318

KOZICKI, Mike It is with great sorrow that the family of Mike Kozicki of Edmonton announce his passing at the age of 50 years. Mike had been serving Edmonton's community for over 20 years as a real estate broker, involved in many charitable organizations, politics, and volunteering on countless occasions - always for a good cause... and a good friend to so many. "If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." Mike is survived by his loving wife, Sylvia; daughter, Patricia; step-daughter, Morgan and son, Alexander; friends and colleagues and will be sadly missed by all. A Private Family Service will take place. In lieu of other tributes, donations may be made to the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton, P.O. Box 16000, Edmonton, AB T5E 3B2 for which Mike had a special place in his heart. To send condolences, visit www.parkmemorial.com Park Memorial Edmonton 780-426-0050 Family Owned Funeral Home, Crematorium, Reception Centre

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
BB, Being a woman, and a reasonably new widow, I can understand as to why she did not attend. A personal funeral is the most important thing - it is the realization that the loss is final!! .  This is an exceptionally emotional event in one's life.  In my own case, there was also a separate get together with all of my husband's friends, of whom I knew and was fond of, and I did not attend.  I would hope that they would not say that I was "too proud to attend".

Those closest to the deceased have their own way of dealing with a very personal loss - and I respect that -having walked in those shoes.
Believe me, you wouldn't want to wear them.

With all due respect, we must close this  very sensitive matter for the sake of Mike's memory and his family of whom he deeply loved.

PEACE
JB
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:07:43 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »
BB -   I am sorry that you also lost a loved one (suicide especially is very hard on families and loved ones) The question is always why? - or it can be,
I  know the why, and the answer at times can be  all the more painful for some.

As I  said in my own case, I did not attend the second memorial for my husband, the actual funeral was all that I could handle.
While I cannot speak for his wife who has remained silent through all of this, and perhaps knew Mike better than anyone, point of views may differ from those that truly knew this couple.

However, you made a  point, and I too join hands with you in saying RIP Mike, and Peace to his children.

Take care now, BB
Jellybean
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:58:49 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »
Here we are, Mike Kozicki has been propery buried, and his family is moving along dealing with his loss. Still, today Guests are returning to his site.  He was well loved, and highly thought of by many.
JB
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:15:00 PM by jellybean »

MrsG

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2013, 11:09:58 PM »
Mike was a wonderful, kind, very loving human being.  I have known/knew him for 25+ years - and yes, to this day I still miss him.  I have seen him through many, many changes in his life.  He was always a kind, considerate, loving and giving man.  I am proud to say he was a friend.  To this day I still miss him and always will.  His children were the world to him and I feel for them.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »
Mike was a wonderful, kind, very loving human being.  I have known/knew him for 25+ years - and yes, to this day I still miss him.  I have seen him through many, many changes in his life.  He was always a kind, considerate, loving and giving man.  I am proud to say he was a friend.  To this day I still miss him and always will.  His children were the world to him and I feel for them.

Thank you Mrs. G.!  Gosh, I wish I had met him.!! People still come onto his thread on this site, and read it.  Obviously he was a big hearted man, and loved by so many!!

I am sincerely,  sorry for your  loss of a warm and loving human being and a kind and gentle friend.

You were fortunate in knowing him.
JB

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:06:54 AM by jellybean »