Author Topic: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010  (Read 103193 times)

Carol-Lynn

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
Re: Prominent Edmonton realtor missing Mike Kozicki - Nov. 21, 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:09:54 AM »
Interesting.... I think it's curious that Mike's good friend Walter refer's to Mike in the past-tense.  Hmmm.

He was a good friend

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:12:25 AM by Mom »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »
This just does not add up. A man is like a woman, he never leaves his wallet, (a woman never leaves her purse or her cell phone. He left everything he owned and walked away. Was there any money in the wallet??? Were his cc in his wallet? Was his ATM card there? Mike could have been planning a disappearance for a long time. If he had money in another part of the world in a bank, he could be long gone by now. He could have caught a flight right out of the country with another passport. He could have slipped across the border. I think he went missing of his own free will. Nobody leaves their wallet. If he was abducted, the person who took him would only make sure he did not have his cell phone. It doesn't make much sense. Of course, if he had a gun in his ribs and someone said, leave your wallet, your cell phone and whatever, I guess he would do that. And the person using the term "was a good friend", I could take that the wrong way, especially if I was speaking to a family member. I would use the term, what can I do to try and help find him or what can we do to find out what happened to him. I don't think I would use the term, "was a good friend", when they were only missing for two weeks. Hoping that Mike is found safe and sound. :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:42:43 PM by capeheart »

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 09:00:38 AM »
His car was found near a police detachment - meaning whomever left it there wanted it to be found.

I think Cape has a great thought about a double life - new passport, offshore accouts etc.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 12:27:08 AM »
Welcome to the site Ahnra. Thanks for coming here and sharing a little about Mike. I hope for the sake of his wife and children, family and friends that this is resolved soon.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
It sounds to me like maybe his business was not as successful as things sound. The market was up and down for a long time in the RE business. He doesn't sound like the kind of person that would take his own life. But he could have made enemies and this could be true, someone could have taken him. But it seems funny that his car was found right where it would be found. Of course, who would think of looking close to the Police station for the car. Arrogant people don't usually take their own lives, they will be that way until they cease to stop breathing. I've never seen anyone change and I know a few that are kind of close to my family, actually. This may not have a happy ending, because he does not want to be found. His wife has to search the family records, phone records, bank records and computer records, the answer is in there where Mike is. If this is done, there should be no trouble finding him. Possibly he has a fake passport and has left the country. That would be better then the suicide theory, at least he may get some help in the future. I feel for his family at this time and pray for his return. :o :o :o :o :o

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 01:50:17 AM »
That was a long and troubling post Ahnra. You pretty well hit on everything and the trouble with trying to investigate something like this. A realtor becomes a missing person, we have seen several others. If MIke were a woman, doubt alot of this conversation would be taking place.

But there are few clues, the main ones being the location and manner the car was left. Staged or crime scene? "the glasses"
like-
after that many days I would probally refer to a missing friend/ relative in past tense. especially if it was out of character, but thats just me. Chances are after that long and no contact they are not alive.

Whats weird is the car was parked near a police station with glasses,wallet and phone inside... thats just strikes me as so bizzare. I think thats a major clue as to what happened. it sounds planned..

argh, I cant explain what im thinking right now..

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 07:49:30 AM »
This case sure has gone hush hush, It seems to me that his wife and friends have became very quite over all of this, The first thing most people do is get the police to reach out to the public for help.
Posters of him everywere, TV news stations picking up on this.
But nothing about him in the news.???

I think you maybe right about him in deep financial trouble and took of over to poland,If the cops did not have anything to go on then it would be moved more into the public eye.

I sure hope this is not the case for his family's sake,

Welcome .Ahnra

RealtorChick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »
His building is for sale and his brokerage is closing.  So he's been missing for 3 weeks and in less than 2 weeks of his disappearance, his agents were told that the brokerage was closing....apparently, his wife cannot handle the brokerage without Mike.  Don't most people go on vacation for 2-3 weeks so why the urgency to close a business that has been running for over 15 years? Why wouldn't his wife continue to run the brokerage (by hiring a licensed broker to cover for Mike in his absence) unless this truly is a "staged" disappearance.  I was puzzled at the comment in the paper that his wife said that the police called her at 9 p.m. to tell her that Mike was missing....that doesn't make sense.  If he was in contact with his agent (T. Townsend) on the day of his disappearance, I doubt the police would even bat an eyelash at finding his car, glasses and cell phone especially if they knew he was in contact with someone within the previous 12 hours.  Why would he be considered "missing" at 9 p.m. when this is a man who typically worked until all hours of the morning?  Why would his brokerage building be put up for sale?  There are many unanswered questions and it would be interesting to know what the police have turned up in their investigation.  An affair? Financial issues? they are all possibilities but first and foremost, I truly hope that Mike is located and that he is safe.  Despite how some of you feel about him, he really is a great human with a huge and kind heart.

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »
Did the police call and tell her that he was missing? Or did they call to ask if he was there because they recovered his car complete with wallet and cell phone and that seems a little odd....

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 01:53:05 PM »
Welcome everyone,

It was a normal working day, she recalls, and Mike was on his way to an appointment for a listing. Around 9 p.m., Sylvia received a call from police, informing her that her 50-year-old husband was missing.

In light of the statement above I can not see a reason why anyone would even know that Mike was missing so soon, much less be looking for his car. If his wife Sylvia, did not know he was missing then who reported it in the first place? 

I'm curious if it was someone that he worked with and why they would have reported him missing before he was even expected home that night.

SAP

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »
The last time he (Townsend) spoke with Mike was in the morning of the day he went missing. He noticed Mike did not sound like his usual self.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
Very curious SAP. It does sound like something must have been going on, whether it be work related or in his personal life of which people were unaware.

Was he troubled by something or possibly afraid?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 02:39:44 PM »

That could very well be the case SAP. This could be something financial. Mike has been eating/drinking and sleeping his work for a long time. It sounds like he was very established in both his work and his personal life. Someone has to know something about it as he was reported missing by someone before his wife even knew he was overdue. 

It is a curious statement that the RCMP made that this is not criminal in nature. I feel they must have some information that we are not privy to in order to make that statement. What do they know?