Author Topic: Ronnie Edward and Steven Nasby | 12/9 | Missing Lake Ontario | Sept. 12, 1980  (Read 4369 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Ronnie  Edward NASBY - Missing
Occurrence No.:   1980-54713

Date Last Seen:   September 12, 1980   
Build:   Unknown
Place Last Seen:   Burlington area of Lake Ontario, ON   
Height:   142 cm (4.6 ft)
Age (At Time of Disappearance):   12 yrs.   
Weight:   41 kg (90.2 lbs)
Date of Birth:   May 21, 1968   
Eye Colour:   Blue
Hair Colour:   Blonde; Short;
Ethnicity:   Caucasian   Facial Hair:   Unknown
Complexion:   Unknown       
General Appearance:   Unknown
Marks / Scars / Tattoos:   Unknown
Dental:   Unknown
Medical:   Unknown
Habits:   Unknown
Clothing:   Unknown
Additional Information:   Ronnie NASBY and Steven NASBY had gone fishing with two adult males in Lake Ontario. Their boat sank and the two adult male bodies were later recovered. Both NASBYS are presumed to have drowned on Lake Ontario.
If you have any information on this case, please call Regional Investigative Services at 905-825-4747 ext. 8760 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.hrps.on.ca/CrimeFiles/Lists/MissingPersons/DispForm.aspx?ID=6

Steven  NASBY - Missing
Occurrence No.:   1980-54713

Date Last Seen:   September 12, 1980   
Build:   Unknown
Place Last Seen:   Burlington area of Lake Ontario, ON   
Height:   134 cm (4.4 ft)
Age (At Time of Disappearance):   9 yrs.   
Weight:   27 kg (59.4 lbs)
Date of Birth:   December 22, 1970   
Eye Colour:   Brown
Hair Colour:   Brown; Short;
Ethnicity:   Caucasian   
Facial Hair:   Unknown
Complexion:   Unknown       
General Appearance:   Unknown
Marks / Scars / Tattoos:   
Scar on back of head with stitches
Dental:   Unknown
Medical:   Unknown
Habits:   Unknown
Clothing:   Unknown
Additional Information:   
Ronnie NASBY and Steven NASBY had gone fishing with two adult males in Lake Ontario. Their boat sank and the two adult male bodies were later recovered. Both NASBYS are presumed to have drowned on Lake Ontario.
If you have any information on this case, please call Regional Investigative Services at 905-825-4747 ext. 8760 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.hrps.on.ca/CrimeFiles/Lists/MissingPersons/DispForm.aspx?ID=7
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 07:59:54 PM by Concerned »

Woodland

• View Profile
Is this presumed to be a crime?

amIam

C, the HRPS crime files link you provided and this thread you created on  Ronnie Edward and Steven Nasby is the only info I have been able to obtain on a search about these two young boys.   I presume they were brothers..I find it strange the "two adult males" weren't identified further as to their relationship to the Nasby boys as the HRPS does have the missing boys listed under "crime files"  It's very odd that both the adult males bodies were recovered and not the two
young boys.   I find it odd as well that there are no photos available of Ronnie and Steven.

Concerned

• View Profile
Iam, I can't help but think that there are parents hurting right now. Thirty years ago, is a big anniversary for having lost children you raise for a decade and are not able to bring home, and bury them with dignity. In a way, I wanted their parents to know these two little boys were not forgotten. It is incredibly sad to lose loved ones, but indescribable when you lose your own children. Thirty years later, it is a silent pain as people have likely stopped talking about it. My sincere condolences to the family. I wish we could bring home little Ronnie and little Steven.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 07:08:51 PM by Concerned »

Woodland

• View Profile
Sadly, Ronnie and Steven's father Paul Nasby, age 33, drowned along with his sons and a co-worker.

The 4 were participating in a salmon fishing derby off Burlington Bay when they disappeared.  Debris from the boat was found the following day and Paul Nasby was recovered near Rochester N.Y. by 8 October 1980.  The friend was also recovered, unfortunately the 2 children were not.  Paul Nasby had a wife and 2 other children, the friend had a wife.

Halton Region lists missing persons under the heading crime files.  Halton Region Police are not notorious at communicating well with the public, as this case shows.  Stating these children were with unknown males is as much a travesty as the drownings.