Author Topic: Could Billy the Kid get posthumous pardon?  (Read 2409 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Could Billy the Kid get posthumous pardon?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 03:18:15 PM »
Perhaps our cousins down south should find something a bit more productive with their time. Billy the Kid, at least in my opinion, was a common criminal, who killed people. I guess MGM can take part of the blame, by turning him into a hero of sorts. All of the movies rampant with romanticism of gun slingers. I don't think he will get a pardon.  It would certainly have ramifications for the Garrett clan living today. Interesting question though.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 11:28:56 PM »
Wonderful topic really.  If Billy the Kid lived today, with all of his crimes, how many years by Canadian and by US law would he get?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »
Today, also at best, he would get 25 years here in Canada, like Russel Williams, ( with a chance of paroll)  In the states, depending upon where he did  his last crime either Life in Prison,  which means life, or a death sentence.  So much more severe, than Canada.  (we are such bleeding hearts here.)  But then, our American cousins might just team up and request it.  They are odd that way.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:20:02 PM by jellybean »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 11:09:50 PM »

What an idiot! It took him this long to figure out Bonney really was a killer? Cripes all he had to so was ask any historian who has studied that man.

The media has a facination with mass killers of the past. Bonny and Clyde were cold blooded killers, so was Jesse James and Billy the Kid. None of these people deserve to be celebrated or honored.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »
Thank God that those old west movies are being shown less and less these days. Our young generations don't seem to care to look at anything "western" or "country" or black and white so they won't get kids hero worshipping these serial killers of the past. At least not these killer cowboy. Media just report on serial murders but money hungry movie makers are the ones who try to make them sensational. I hope that stops.