Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Looking for some info on murders near baker creek community  (Read 1518 times)

Tellis

• View Profile
Looking for some info on murders near baker creek community
« on: November 13, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »
Hello to all

I have been living in Baker Creek for the last 2 years and have heard a lot of rumors about murders that have happened here over that last 20 years. My family and I live in one of the larger Cabins that used to be part of the Cariboo School of the Bible. Is there anyone here on this site that could fill me in on what these rumors are about? I realize that this site is for missing people and unsolved murders, but I could not find any helpful info anywhere else.

Rumor 1:
A young boy shot himself (or it was made out to look like he had), in one of the larger cabins that was part of the bible camp

Rumor 2:
A man who lived up creek from where we live ( I think on Power Dam road) killed his family in the creek, but it was never confirmed.

It would be very helpful if anybody here has either heard of what I have just explained, or was living in Baker Creek when any of this happened.

Thank you

cafritz

Re: Looking for some info on murders near baker creek community
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »
tellis
i have had family in and around baker creek for years and lived there myself for quite a few years, have never heard either of these rumours.
hope this sets your mind at ease

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:16:55 AM »
I have been living in Baker Creek for the last 2 years and have heard a lot of rumors about murders that have happened here over that last 20 years. My family and I live in one of the larger Cabins that used to be part of the Cariboo School of the Bible. Is there anyone here on this site that could fill me in on what these rumors are about? I realize that this site is for missing people and unsolved murders, but I could not find any helpful info anywhere else.

Hi Tellis,

I've also asked a number of people in the area if they have heard anything about that. No one remembers anything like that happening.
Likely the rumours that you've heard are just that........rumours.

JC1988

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
I have lived in baker creek my whole life, ie. nearly 25 years... I have never heard of these deaths ever occuring. The bible camp was built many years ago... and I grew up near it and visiting it.. and it had always been a peaceful place. ( nothing scary or disturbing in the of death has ever happened there.) Indeed my Grampa was born on that property. As far as the story on Powerdam road... nothing happened there, besides the unfortunate suicide of an elderly man who had cancer. Indeed there have been many unfortunate deaths in the community, but never and due to foul play. Drunk driving, or natural deaths have plagued the community more then anything.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here