Author Topic: Lawrence Paul Kitakijick 27 Body found Aug/92 London Ont.  (Read 5771 times)

Edsonmom

• View Profile

Jess1767

• View Profile
Re: Lawrence Paul Kitakijick 27 Body found Aug/92 London Ont.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »
Roshan Norouzali is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Lawrence Paul Kitakijick, 27.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/11/05/15983966.html

SAP

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 08:38:42 AM »
That is one huge blow. I have no words for this justice system anymore!
RIP Lawrence. For the family of Lawrence, don't let this die. Do whatever it takes to get justice.

How many years is Norouzali doing for his other crimes and how well is he living on Canadian taxpayers money? Since he was an army deserter from Iran, he should be returned so they can deal with him. But no, Canada is going to spare a hardened criminal!!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »
I am surprised. They have a match of dna with this criminal at the murder scene of the victim.
This should tell us something.  DNA match does not necessarily mean enough to convict? Further evidence must be collected?
I think I may be able to answer my own question ;)
Here is a link that might have been the case here.
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/labs/gel/forensics/
Quote:

Is DNA evidence alone enough to acquit or convict?
It is easier to exclude a suspect than to convict someone based on a DNA match. The FBI estimates that one-third of initial rape suspects are excluded because DNA samples failed to match.

Forensic DNA is just one of many types of evidence. It is important to examine other clues such as motive, weapon, or additional evidence linking a suspect to the crime scene. The more evidence collected, the less likely it is that samples from a particular suspect were planted, either on purpose or by accident, at the crime scene.
JB
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:47:30 AM by jellybean »

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »
I was stunned by this case being withdrawn. Why is this being withdrawn due to one witness being unable to testify? A sad day for us all but mostly his family. The poor man was just trying to make a better life.... he was working, stayed with his father etc... just so sad.

soccermom

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »
If they have DNA evidence, why does the Crown require corroboration from a witness? Canada has a terrible record of injustice against its Indigenous peoples; I don't just mean in terms of "individual" violence in the streets -- but in its government bodies and institutions. In its courts. My heart goes out to this man's remaining family.