Author Topic: Lyle and Marie McCann part 2  (Read 621341 times)

24mindy

Re: Lyle and Marie McCann part 2
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 09:04:34 PM »
If vader was staying at the niton hotel ,isnt that the time his sister said that on july4th he was at her place because he had been living in the bush and was tired and hungry? I had called nojack hotel to ask if police had been there to search. was just curious if they were following what I was feeling a good place to look.They just happened to be there as I was on phone with the desk person.I had asked about the weather awhile back but forget. I heard it had been raining.For sure on the 5th when MH was burned as the MH had to of been driven fairley fast to turn on Bush lane as there is swirvy slippery tire tracks..If vader was staying at niton Hotel was he alone??? Because if he was could he alone of taken on the Mccanns himself??Some of his dudes may of been with him.Maybe lyle if stopped there was outside checking whatever prob he was having and the vader clan found this a opportunity to grab quick cash off lyle .Wouldnt of someone seen him tho trying to over take MH at the hotel area?? or was it pretty quiet in that area.As knowing truckers wouldnt of lyle tho of taken MH and SUV for servicing beforing heading out that day...Its always wise to get oil changed, tires checked etc...since this was their first trip on the road of the summer season..Bret was at his parents the night before they left. Im sure bret would of helped lyle and marie get ready and MH is good working order..But anything can happen on the road and falling into vaders lap was an unfortunate thing..Lyle may of been able to service his own stuff but have to concider his age and its just easiar the someone else do the tires etc.

D1

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »
That could be and would make sense, the police never said anything other than what Bulmer said, Vader had a room at the Niton Hotel, never got the name.

re:
If vader was staying at niton Hotel was he alone??? Because if he was could he alone of taken on the Mccanns himself??Some of his dudes may of been with him.Maybe lyle if stopped there was outside checking whatever prob he was having and the vader clan found this a opportunity to grab quick cash off lyle .Wouldnt of someone seen him tho trying to over take MH at the hotel area??

I wonder if he were alone too, never heard anything on that. One earlier remark that he had a girlfriend had me asking that then. Depending on exactly where Lyle might have stopped, another vehicle could have been parked there to block the view or Vader just moved in fast and heavy from somewhere maybe from behind another vehicle. Vader 230 or so lbs, young and strong would be plenty to overpower both McCaan's very quickly. If he got in, even following Lyle right in the side door it would be over in seconds. They'd be on the floor and out of sight almost immediately.

There may have even been a spot where Vader was waiting for someone to pull in because it afforded an easy opportunity. If Vader was there and had been there awhile, no doubt he would have scouted that whole site with that in mind. Perhaps Lyle just happened by at the wrong time when the circumstance was just right.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:28:56 PM by D1 »

D1

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
re:
If vader was staying at the niton hotel ,isnt that the time his sister said that on july4th he was at her place because he had been living in the bush and was tired and hungry

I believe sis said Vader had been running around in the bush all night, that being the night of the 3rd morning of the fourth, then he shows up at sis's place sometime on the fourth. Time?? Otherwise, it was Bulmer said Vader was staying there at the hotel. Cops and media all over it and no one said otherwise.

Do you know if the hotels are the same Mindy?
Niton and Nojack?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:49:10 PM by D1 »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »
I wonder if he were alone too, never heard anything on that. One earlier remark that he had a girlfriend had me asking that then. Depending on exactly where Lyle might have stopped, another vehicle could have been parked there to block the view or Vader just moved in fast and heavy from somewhere maybe from behind another vehicle. Vader 230 or so lbs, young and strong would be plenty to overpower both McCann's very quickly. If he got in, even following Lyle right in the side door it would be over in seconds. They'd be on the floor and out of sight almost immediately.

I've wondered if Vader would really have had to overpower both of the McCanns. It could have happened another way. It's occurred to me that for one reason or another Lyle could have been the only one to have gotten out of the motorhome. Perhaps Marie had stayed inside to attend to something. What if Vader had been able to enter the motorhome unseen? We have no idea where Lyle was, or what he was doing. Suppose Lyle returned and found that Vader was already there with Marie. Perhaps even threatened to hurt her. Put yourself in that position. What would you do? I think it is possible that Lyle would have complied willingly with what ever was asked of him. No struggle necessary. That of course, is just my opinion.

nander

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:44 PM »
I had been told Vader was staying at the Nojack Hotel - all that is at Nojack and south of the Nojack campground is an old gas station (I don't recall if the station is still operating) and the hotel. Just to the East of the Campground is a roadside pullout that was just opened this spring. It's a paved area - no washrooms as of the last time I was out that way. I wonder if Lyle and Marie would have pulled over here as they wouldn't have had to trun around or back out of a spot. They just would have exited off the highway and they could have parked anywhere in the pullout. If they were accosted there, the side door to the motorhome would have been facing the bush and passing motorists would not have been alerted to something suspicious.
The weather that weekend was beautiful - we had some light rain, but more sunshine and warm weather than the cold miserable rain we usually get.
Hope this helps...

D1

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »
Beauty Nander!
I had been told Vader was staying at the Nojack Hotel]I had been told Vader was staying at the Nojack Hotel

If so, I am immediately onside with what you posted. Jobo was on that already too.

Deb, I agree, Marie was not going to put up a fight and Lyle would be compliant to spare her.

If the door to the motorhome was facing off to the bush side, the rest would follow. Its just up the road to the otherside of chip lake to chip lake park where the fisherman first spotted the motorhome.

Its an important point that could get everyone back on the trail. Bulmer said Niton Hotel, I assumed he was telling the truth and the hotel was at Niton. How did you hear of this Nander?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:28:46 AM by D1 »

D1

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 01:12:56 AM »
re the new pullout just opened this spring. It doesn't show up on my google map function, but I am either looking in the wrong spot or the map of that spot is too old to show the new area. It sounds perfect though for what we are looking for.

Just to the East of the Campground is a roadside pullout that was just opened this spring. It's a paved area - no washrooms as of the last time I was out that way. I wonder if Lyle and Marie would have pulled over here as they wouldn't have had to trun around or back out of a spot. They just would have exited off the highway and they could have parked anywhere in the pullout
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:16:15 AM by D1 »

superbee

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 02:01:18 AM »
Does anyone think there could be a possibility that somehow Vader and Lyle McCann had met before?  Lyle was a trucker for years, and I wonder if he stopped along his routes for coffee back then?  If Lyle had stopped in for coffee at certain cafes during his trucking days, he might have continued that habit.  The place 90 minutes into the trip may have been on old coffee stop in Lyle's past, he may have stopped this time to fill a coffee thermos, use the washroom, etc.  His son might know his dad's old coffee stops.  I know alot of truckers are creatures of habit and have their favourite cafes, and still drop in long after their trucking days end.  If one of Lyle's old coffee stops is around where Vader lived, they may have met before their July encounter.  Vader and Lyle may have even chatted before.  If so, even more reason for Lyle to be unsuspecting.  Meth can make otherwise decent people do horrendous things.   

D1

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that the google map of this area is too old to show any recent changes. I can find the Nojack Hotel and would like to be able to determine if that is where Vader had been staying. There seems to be some confusion and discrepancy yet. Some news reports are blending and not even differentiating Niton from Niton Junction.

Superbee- The trucker coffee shop idea has been brought up a few times and is still a point of interest. There are posters on here who believe there may have been some past connection between the McCaan's and the perps. Nothing concrete has surfaced to back that yet but there are believers.

Anyone going past Nojack have a good look at the new pullout, take a picture if possible.

D1

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 10:42:13 AM »

D1

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 10:46:06 AM »
That would be great SAP, I believe Nander is possibly onto something and there may be clues we could be following if we knew a little more. The hotel issue needs to be clarified, surprised it hasn'r surfaced before. Hey, starting over may not have been a bad idea.

24mindy

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 12:00:58 PM »
niton junction motel has diff number than nojack hotel..There had been alot of thefts in the area and Mckay and residents talked to were to scared to give their names really scared of vader..So what would of driven vader after all these years to suddenly kill for money? Did he run to his sisters because of what had happened to the mccanns..

belle

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
quote:

A manhunt for Vader put Niton Junction area residents on edge over the past week.

"You can see the relief on people's faces. They want this matter resolved. There's less tension in the air, put it that way," said Rick, who works at a hotel in Niton Junction.www.edmontonjournal.com/...Club...arrested/.../story.html - Cached

quote:
In the 1990s, Vader worked for Getson's father at a sawmill, piling lumber and doing logging, he said.

A fellow 'Rick' was the person I was trying to remember talking to the press about Vader who was an employee of the hotel.

Vader's connection with a sawmill, which I believe Mindy brought up some time ago, then of course the subject was put aside and nothing more mentioned about it, which happened to a lot of different ideas and theories on this site.  I was thinking about this, and wondered if Getson's father was still in business, where his company was, and also which trucking companies were being used at that time.  I am convinced even more, that Lyle had crossed-paths with Travis Vader & a good majority of of his buddies, especially the ones that worked in the oil fields.  Check out some of these smaller sites, like Fort Nelson,  Fort McMurray (different oilfields) most have a blog and I came across a couple of guys on there that used to work with Vader.  The bottomline here, Vader is known all over, and no one is saying 'jack'

People should start to diversify their thoughts in this case with the McCann's, because it is jumping out right in front of our faces that this case is linked to other missing people, and murder victims. There has to be a consolidation of all the recent   missing persons from Alberta to BC as well as some latent or cold files, even though we all want to find Marie and Lyle now, as well as the others.

D1

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »
We are starting over in a way, so all those ideas and clues that never got fully pursued first time around get another chance. Talents U has just posted a link to an upcoming news segment. We all need to watch this, new clues and details are coming. This is likely the last and best chance there will be to find the McCaan's before time erodes memories.

From Talents Unlimited -
Watch if you can the CTV News Edmonton at 6 on Monday and Tuesday Nov. 8th. & 9th., a new documentary type investigative media effort by CTV and CFRN.  "Lyle and Marie McCann Search Special Report Promo", this is a preview of the up coming special report on Monday and Tuesday, I understand it will be in two parts. Should be very, very, interesting.
The preview is posted on You Tube by Bret McCann

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,3635.msg47494.html#msg47494

CFRN Lyle & Marie McCann Search Special Report Promo
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:26:32 PM by D1 »

belle

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 01:16:24 PM »
There were two suspicious fires in Prince George area, on or about July 8th, (if I have the date correct) anyways, on the sameday that Marie & Lyle's SUV was spotted in Prince George.

On Websleuths, and quite a few that feel that they were tied-in with the the McCann case.  One of the fires was a large drug house, and can't recall the other one.  Perhaps someone else has information on this.  Maybe those fires should be checked for remains.

It looks more and more evident that the SUV was in the Prince George area.