Author Topic: Lyle and Marie McCann part 2  (Read 621392 times)

D1

Lyle and Marie McCann part 2
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:55:39 AM »
Continued from-
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,3635.msg47386/topicseen.html#msg47386

The McCaan's have been missing now since July 3rd of 2010. Discussions have raged over the months and the original thread has become volumous. Hindsight has always proved best for clarity. So with that in mind perhaps we should take a fresh look at the evidence from that perspective. The search continues but all hope for them to be found alive has long since vanished.

If I were to begin thinking and discussing this again, I would start with a question that no one wanted to ask at first but has since been asked and voiced in multiple ways at different times in relation to various points all along the way. That question is why were the McCaan's killed? Why did they have to die? Theft is not usually a valid reason or motive to kill especially when their motorhome was merely torched a day or so later, credit cards not used, and suv ditched a week or so afterwards.

I approached this with Vader having been identified as a suspect in mind and concluded that the reason they were killed had to do with the McCaan's being able to identify the perps in a conclusive fashion. That led me to contemplating either a planned event in which the perp knew the victim or the other possibility, that the invasion occured in a manner and at a location that the perps could be positively linked to.

For others who have watched these events unfold and just want to see the McCaan's found. Questions linger, why were they killed, why did they have to die?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:45:41 PM by D1 »

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Lyle and Marie McCann part 2
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 06:50:40 AM »
There is several other unsolved murders in the general vicinity between Edmonton and Jasper.   One that comes to mind is the lady from the lookout tower that was murdered-Unsolved.   Another is a woman that died in a trailer fire, I believe in Edson-Unsolved.

Maybe the McCanns are not the first victims. 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 08:14:23 AM »
I need a big office with a big map.....because I also think there is a geographical link to the crime, the perp's (and his friend's  residences), where the Motorhome was spotted, where the Motorhome was burned, where the SUV was found, where Vader was arrested...   On a map it would show a big triangle (with unequal sides).   I think we need to stay in that area.   I would imagine the cops have one of those maps.  ;)

D1

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »
Ahh the big map with all the markers all displayed on one page. Would be nice. I've seen some of the print outs from the geological profiling units computer. They have all the coordinates plugged into the system and a map with an overlay is produced with a series of spikes showing up the area of highest probabilty to find the perp. It was developed here in Canada by a former cop, Kim Rossmo VPD. We don't have access to the software unfortunately but the equation that it is based on and programed with is really a lot of common sense and human nature.

So back to other similar crimes in this vicinity. The ones Jobo mentioned haven't really been entertained in this light. Stephanie Stewart for instance, one of the standout clues was a gold watch that went missing at the same time. One wouldn't think a watch would justify murder but one wouldn't think the theft of a motorhome that was just going to be torched would either. Maybe we are seeing a personality trait here, circumstance that leads back to one individual? Murder seemingly unwarranted in multiple case?

Stephanie Stewart
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,315.0.html
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:29:17 AM by D1 »

24mindy

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
as you said D1 the perps murdered on the assumption that they had been seen but then didnt the fisherman see them too?? Why didnt they go after him too?

D1

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »
Lots of variables come into play. They are on a public road and lots of people have likely seen them, no one but the McCaan's knew what happened at the time, there were no reports of a missing motorhome, they weren't looking that suspicious or suspect then and blending in was more a concern. Obliterating all witnesses who saw them anywhere along the trail would just make for a trail of bodies that led right to them. If it were someone who actually knew the perps personally, that may have been a different story. I suspect the fisherman and the perps had never set eyes on each other before that day.

That also leads me to believe that the perps driving the motorhome were not staying right there, otherwise driving around in broad daylight in a very noticeable and recently stolen motorhome in your home area would increase the chances to draw the attention of people who would likely recognize them.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 02:13:06 PM by D1 »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »
  The McCanns were not reported missing until July 10th, when they did not show up at the Airport in Abbottsford B.C.  They left on July 3rd, but eventhough the Motorhome was found burned down on the 5th, the police did not figure anything was amiss until the 10th.
   To me, that is why the sighting of the Motorhome at Chip Lk. would not be overly suspicious, as no one was looking for it.  Really, the sightings anytime before the 5th did not draw attention, it appears.
    Where would the McCanns be around lunchtime?   Wonder where they pulled over to eat.

I really want to know what kind of vehicle Vader arrived at his sister's in.

D1

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »
Depending on when the McCaan's got up and how much they had to do before leaving, they may have had breakfast fairly early on the 3rd. Then off to the gas station and then down the highway. Lunch time could have come fairly quickly.. Older folks are known to get into a habit of eating near the same time daily. Wonder what time that was for the McCaan's? Point being they may have pulled in somewhere just for that purpose. One of the first easily accessable locations, Niton.

What vehicle did Vader arrive in at his sisters place? Yep, very important question no doubt. The suv doesn't sound like it was attached to the motorhome the day the fisherman spotted it at chip lake. Did Vader beeline it to Edmonton in the suv to set up an alibi at sis and stepmom's place? They say he wasn't driving an suv upon arrival. I believe it, but did he leave it somewhere else in the vicinity? Did he show up in a taxi?  Did a friend drop him off? That is all being with held from us. If Vader had the suv, he could have ran it back to Minnow lake area the next day torched the mohome and picked up his accomplice before returning again. Maybe mom and sis were none the wiser if they didn't know he had a vehicle at his disposal.

24mindy

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 05:10:45 PM »
Do you really think that lyle and marie would of pulled over so soon into the journey??It was I heard only an hr or less to the nitton area.They had left at 9:30 in the morning so it wouldnt of been close to lunch time yet.

D1

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 05:26:44 PM »
If Vader was there at Niton I believe they pulled in, I don't know why they would, don't know when they ate last or even if they had breakfast. I don't know if something unexpected happened or he heard a noise or a loose hub cap, or the slideout wasn't latched tight or any of the miriad of other things that could cause someone to pull off the highway. Maybe too much coffee and just a full bladder. Point is we don't know. We do know that Vader has been named a suspect, we have been told he had a room there in Niton, and we do know that this was along the route the McCaan's had planned to take.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »
It is 137 Km from St Albert to Nojack, or 1 1/2 hours driving.   The reason I picked Nojack is that there is the
Nojack Provincial Recreational Area just west of  Nojack on the Trans Canada Hwy.     
The McCanns would be there sometime after 11:00 in the morning.   I have no clue how long it would take to set up the Motorhome and make lunch, but lets say 1/2 hour tops...so they plan to eat somewhere between 11:30 and Noon.  Maybe they had stopped there in past years, and did again this year.

I think I recall that the police had reason to check out this area.  Wonder if we can think they were accosted there?  Anyone know what it is like?

P.S.   I have an elderly uncle that eats at 12 noon everyday, and 6pm for supper.   Many elderly people have their "retirement" routines down pat.  Meals at the same time every day, many even have a short nap.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:34:12 PM by jobo »

24mindy

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »
I had gotten an idea off from the word TIPTON I had gotten regarding nojack hotel . Another god leading.I sent this in to look at the nojack hotel. Was curious after awhile if they had looked and when I did call the police just happen to be there at that moment..I was hoping so bad they would of found something. Dont remember if this was before they searched the nojack campground or after..There deffinaltley is something about the niton area tho..As D1 as stated..If the mccanns did pull in that area due to poss probs as D1 said Im so sorry they did.

24mindy

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 05:56:49 PM »
What was the weather like up there on that weekend??

D1

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »
The Nojack area would be another viable possibility. I believe it was Brett that said they wouldn't be pulling in any where like a campground but that may have been in reference to overnighting only. The nojack campground area seems more a tourist spot for overnighting. The Niton pulloff more a trucker kind of stop, close, fast in and out.

The nojack location would seem more likely a spot for perps looking to steal or hijack a motorhome at least on the surface but may actually be too open and have too many eyes around to pull something like that off. Would be interesting to see the nojack parking spots though.

I am under the impression, mostly google map impression that there was more to pulling in at nojack than niton and further to go before you could park. So I still lean to a hijack in niton and not nojack.

Of course, all that could change with a little more info, right now I believe Vader was staying in the Niton hotel and so have to bring the McCaan's to him ..

Then there is motive for murder, if the perp was staying right where the incident occured, that may cause him more concern than an incident at a location where the perp couldn't be connected.

The McCaan's kids would know the usual lunch schedule. It could be that simple to explain a stop.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:39:52 PM by D1 »

D1

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »
Mindy; That is interesting the Police were at the Nojack hotel when you called. By the time the nojack property was checked, Vader was already in custody. All reports linked Vader with the Niton hotel. But the Nojack hotel is closer to Chip Lake and the area the Police were checking. The property they checked was said to belong to a former friend of Vader's. Wonder if that was a "big guy"? There was another discussion site that claimed someone had been hauling stuff off that property for a week before the police arrived.

Being a hotel, I would imagine they were just checking to see who had been staying there? Or was there more to it?

Weather, can't recall but someone else was asking about that way back in the thread.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:34:24 PM by D1 »