Author Topic: Sabrina Patterson ,MURDERED, Oct , 2010 MONCTON, N.B.  (Read 24509 times)

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
Re: Sabrina Patterson MISSING Oct 30, 2010 MONCTON, N.B.
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 02:40:44 PM »
Cape Heart,

I do not counter you on the need for a woman to protect herself in anyway shape or form! If that is what it takes then I would stand by her side.

As I noted before I wouldnt wish to see anyone murdered/killed but if one had to go it should be the abuser be it a he or a she.

You are correct I am a male, and I would go to jail defending anyone of my female friends from an abuser anyday!

As for the gps function, it doesnt actually cost anything for the GPS function to work. In the case of a stolen phone they would add a surcharge I am sure. Anything to make a quick dollar. In Search and Rescue purpose we can have them locate the cell phone using that function IF the phone is still on.

I feel I must make it known that I was in no way involved in this case. If I was I wouldnt be able to discuss it at all.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 02:42:42 PM »
I understand what you mean. I worked in the court system and I would never discuss anything I ever heard or did in my line of work. I understand what you mean and thanks for your comments. ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:50:54 PM by capeheart »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »
Loved ones remember slain N.B. woman as caring mother and friendCanadian Press:
Friday, November 12, 2010

Sabrina Patterson, a New Brunswick woman whose death is being investigated as a homicide, was remembered Thursday as a loving mother and compassionate friend.
Photo Credit: RCMP, Handout RELATEDVideo:

Unsolved MurderSACKVILLE, N.B. - A New Brunswick woman whose death is being investigated as a homicide was remembered Thursday as a loving mother and compassionate friend.

Friends and family gathered at a funeral home in Sackville to say goodbye to Sabrina Patterson of Riverview.

The 25-year-old's body was discovered Nov. 6 in a wooded area near Moncton.

Her funeral was broadcast on speakers outside the funeral home so that loved ones who couldn't fit inside the packed building could listen to the emotional service.

Police have not laid any charges.

http://www.globalwinnipeg.com/Loved+ones+remember+slain+woman+caring+mother+friend/3818222/story.html

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »
Not a problem Cape Heart, I have been following posts on here for a while and decided I could start commenting so long as I remember what I know as fact and what I am allowed to mention. So long as I keep it on the news records and common facts I shouldnt run into issues.  If you have any questions at any time let me know. If I dont have the answers I can get them.

Not about cases but about general stuff for example the pings, gps'r functionality.

Also Note their is an active case right now in Nova Scotia which NB GSAR members are assisting with.
(sorry to go off topic)

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »
LanesEnd, I wish I had your optimism on this one, but I definitely do not. We will have to wait for the law to take their course of action. I'm not on Mr. Prosser's side, sorry. I feel even the circumstantial evidence is pointing in the right direction. There is more evidence pointing to this man then there is in the case of Kyron Horman and they are labeling his stepmom without one iota of evidence. In Sabrina's case there was previous crimes committed against the victim and also threats. Of course, we all have to wait for the charges to come forward and we definitely will be watching, as I know Sabrina's family will. I do hope there will soon be charges laid in this terrible senseless murder of Sabrina Patterson, a woman gone too soon from her child and family. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:56:58 PM by capeheart »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 10:51:13 AM »
I am wondering at this time what is going on with Sabriana's case. Is the ex boyfriend still in custody??? What is the word on the legal part of this case, are the police giving any information to the public and keeping them updated. What is the word on the street or the rumours about what is happening here on this case. I just hope this is not going to gather dust, especially when they have a very good idea of what has happened here. Please keep us updated, anyone from the Moncton or N.B. area that knows. We are interested in justice for Sabrina. RIP, Sabrina. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
Cape, I've posted an update on Sabrina's case, below.

Editor's note: The following story is one in a series highlighting The Times & Transcript's Top News Stories of 2010.

Almost two months have passed since searchers found Sabrina Patterson's body near Shaw Road in Shenstone, but police have not yet charged anyone with her murder.

The 25-year-old Riverview woman first went missing in the early morning hours on Saturday, Oct. 30. Codiac RCMP sent out a public alert in an attempt to find the woman, who was at a Moncton Wildcats game at the Moncton Coliseum the night of Oct. 29.

Her car was found in the Riverview Mall parking lot, which is not far from her Warren Avenue residence, and her family called police on Sunday evening when they hadn't heard from her. Investigators initially believed her last known location was the Fox and Hound pub in the mall, but police later said a woman spotted on the pub's surveillance tapes appears to have been someone else.

At the same time police were searching for Patterson, they also told the public they were looking for Fred Prosser, of Shenstone, who disappeared the Monday after she went missing.

The two had been an on-again, off-again couple for several years and had a young son and daughter together.

The police conducted searches through wooded areas during the investigation, as did volunteer search parties working with members of the Patterson family.

The woman's parents released a statement on Wednesday, Nov. 3 thanking the public for their efforts and concern and making a plea for anyone who might have information about the whereabouts of their daughter.

The afternoon of Thursday, Nov. 4, a couple of police officers went to Prosser's parents' home to talk to them and found the missing man in the house. He was arrested on an outstanding warrant relating to another matter involving Patterson and taken to the police station for questioning about the woman's disappearance.

Prosser appeared in court the next day, where he faced charges of assaulting and threatening Patterson during an August incident and charges of assaulting Patterson on Oct. 9, stealing her cell phone and breaching an undertaking to have no contact with her.

He was later charged with breaching an undertaking by failing to notify the RCMP of any change of address or occupation between Oct. 25 and Nov. 4.

The Crown objected to Prosser's release and he was remanded into custody pending a bail hearing.

On Saturday, Nov. 6, female remains were found in the Shenstone area, near Hillsborough, and on the Sunday, police confirmed it was the missing woman and said she was murdered.

RCMP Sgt. Gary Cameron said Prosser would be questioned, but refused to call him a suspect.

While police continue to investigate the murder, no charges have been laid.

Meanwhile, Prosser remains in jail after being denied bail on Dec. 15 on the theft, assault, threats and breach charges. He's scheduled to stand trial Feb. 9.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/1366893

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:10 PM »
debbieC, thanks very much for that update on Sabrina. I am so glad Mr. Prosser is still in custody. I do hope the investigation on this case is moving right along. We will be watching this case very carefully.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2011, 10:14:37 AM »
It has just been announced on the CTV noon hour news that a man is being charged with First Degree Murder in the death of Sabrina Patterson. He is going to appear in court later today. As is our custom here, we will not know his name until he has appeared in court. I think we already know the name of the person being charged in this case. I am very glad that charges are being laid and that there will be justice for Sabrina.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »

Thanks for the update cape. As you said, it will likely come as no surprise to us who is being charged. Seems it took a while getting to this point. Glad it's finally come.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »
Fred Prosser has been charged with the FDM of Sabrina Patterson, he was led into court today by police, this was on the CTV evening news. :o :o :o :o

amIam

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 10:31:43 AM »
MONCTON - From the moment her body was found on Nov. 6, police said Sabrina Patterson was murdered.

Charges were laid Monday against Fred Prosser of Shenstone in the death of Sabrina Patterson in Moncton. But after charges were laid in Moncton provincial court Monday, it's clear police also believe she suffered prior to her death.

Shenstone resident Frederick Bernard Anthony Prosser - who turned 32 Monday - appeared in court and was charged with first-degree murder in the death of the 25-year-old Riverview woman. He's also charged with sexual assault, sexual assault causing bodily harm and anal sexual assault, along with two counts of breaching a court undertaking. All the charges involve Patterson and they all allegedly occurred between Oct. 29 and Nov. 4.

Defence lawyer Scott Fowler asked that the matter be adjourned and Judge Anne Dugas-Horsman scheduled Prosser's next appearance for Feb. 28. Crown prosecutor Annie St. Jacques told the judge she spoke with the victim's family and they are not looking for a publication ban, which is often put in place when sexual charges are laid.

Fowler waived his client's right to bail, though Prosser is already remanded on other charges. He had a bail hearing on Dec. 15 and was denied release.

Prosser is scheduled to stand trial on March 23 and 24 on a series of charges relating to Patterson, his former girlfriend, with whom he had two children. He's charged with assaulting Patterson and threatening her life in August and also with assaulting her on Oct. 9, stealing her cellphone and violating a court order to have no contact with her. He's also charged with breaching an undertaking by failing to notify the RCMP of any change of address or occupation between Oct. 25 and Nov. 4.

Patterson went missing on Oct. 29 and shortly after police notified the public of her disappearance, they also announced Prosser was missing. He was last seen Nov. 1, but showed up at his parents' residence three days later. Police discovered him when two officers went to the house to speak to his parents.

Patterson's body was found in the Shenstone area on Nov. 6 and police immediately ruled it a homicide.

Friends and family of the victim packed the courtroom Monday, along with police investigators and reporters. While most family members wouldn't talk to reporters after court, many wore purple T-shirts with Patterson's face on the front and the words, "Always in our hearts, Sabrina Patterson," which have become common during Prosser's last few court appearances.

Codiac RCMP held a news conference after the charges were laid in court, but spokesman Cpl. Dan Roy provided little information to reporters.

"It's a very complex investigation," he said. "We've assembled a team of investigators that have worked from Day One on this investigation and the evidence led to them laying a charge of first-degree murder."
http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/front/article/1375942

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
Re: Sabrina Patterson 25 MURDERED Oct 30, 2010 MONCTON, N.B.
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2011/07/28/nb-fred-prosser-preliminary-hearing.html

Judge bans memorial shirts at murder hearing
CBC News
Posted: Jul 28, 2011 1:45 PM AT

A New Brunswick judge has ordered the family and friends of a murder victim to remove the memorial shirts they were wearing Thursday at the preliminary hearing of Fred Prosser.

Fred Prosser, 32 of Shenstone, N.B., is accused of killing Sabrina Patterson, his ex-girlfriend and mother of his two children, last October.

Prosser, who is facing six charges including first-degree murder and sexual assault, appeared at his preliminary hearing in Moncton on Thursday morning.

Before the hearing started, more than 30 people crowded into the courtroom. Many of the family and friends of Patterson were wearing purple T-shirts with a picture of Patterson and the words: "always in our hearts."

Scott Fowler, the defence lawyer, told the judge he felt the shirts were inappropriate.

He said the shirts were being worn in an attempt to intimidate Prosser and asked that family and friends be blocked from wearing them in court.

Crown prosecutor Annie St Jacques said the shirts were only a way to show support for Patterson's family.

Fred Prosser is facing six charges, including first-degree murder.Fred Prosser is facing six charges, including first-degree murder. (CBC)Judge Camille Vautour agreed with the defence, saying Prosser is innocent until proven guilty and the courtroom should be an impartial setting.

He said the shirts could influence witnesses.

Vautour told the people wearing the shirts to remove them by the start of Thursday afternoon's proceedings.

As with all preliminary hearings there is a ban on reporting evidence presented in the court.

Prosser has elected to be tried by judge and jury.

Patterson, 25, went missing on Oct. 29, 2010 and the following day her car was found parked at the Riverview Mall.

RCMP had initially reported that Prosser was also missing. But he was found a few days later at his parents' home in Shenstone when officers went to the house to update Prosser's family members on the progress of the search.

Patterson's body was found in a wooded area near Shenstone.

MY COMMENT: The only thing inappropriate in this matter is the FACT that Sabrina, a young mother, was murdered.
How can her lovely picture and the the phrase "always in our hearts"  intimidate Prosser?

@capeheart, I was wondering if you can change the main heading to murdered from missing (you would have to be the one to modify this as you started this thread) and circumstances have changed since the thread was started.  Thanks MW

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:17:22 AM by Trouble445 »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012, 06:54:57 AM »
I just heard on the news, (so I don't have a link) that they have to pick a new jury because of comments on facebook.

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Sabrina Patterson MURDERED Oct 30, 2010 MONCTON, N.B.
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »
The jury got it right, AMEN. RIP beautiful lady and my condolences to your parents and siblings and your friends. :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:50:54 PM by capeheart »