Author Topic: Sabrina Patterson ,MURDERED, Oct , 2010 MONCTON, N.B.  (Read 24336 times)

logger76

• View Profile
Re: Sabrina Patterson MISSING Oct 30, 2010 MONCTON, N.B.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 10:17:34 AM »
Sabrina possibley found today in a garbage bag in the ditch near prossers home 1hour ago :'(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »

Very sad news if it is Sabrina. Also very possible as Sabrina's family and friends were going to begin a search this morning. I've included a link to that story below.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/front/article/1296399

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »
A body has been found by searchers in the area of Mr. Prosser's home. Forensics has not confirmed as yet it is Sabrina. A very sad outcome here for the family and friends of Sabrina Patterson.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
Body found in N.B. woods

By QMI Agency

A body has been located in a wooded area of southeastern New Brunswick.

The remains were located around 11 a.m. Saturday by people traveling in the woods, RCMP said.

Police held a press conference Saturday afternoon but declined to comment on the identity of the remains or if the discovery is related to the disappearance of a 25-year-old woman.

Police have been searching for Sabrina Patterson, who was last seen on Oct. 29 in Moncton. Her car was found abandoned in a mall parking lot.

Patterson's boyfriend, Fred Prosser, 31, also briefly disappeared on Nov. 1 before being found near his home on Thursday. He was arrested Friday and charged with assaulting Patterson in connection with two earlier incidents and for breaking an order not to go near her.

CBC is reporting the body was found near Prosser's house in Shenstone, N.B.

Patterson's family and friends were planning a search on Saturday in the area along the shores of the Petitcodiac River.

Police said the scene has been sealed off and that work is being done to make a positive identification of the body.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/11/06/16006986.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 11:01:30 AM »
Once Prosser broke that order, what does that tell you, he is not going to listen. When is the justice department going to help these abused women from their attackers. This man should have had no bail or been let out on any recognizance. He should have been behind bars until he had a trial. He had two offences against him, no justice for Sabrina. I think women are going to have to take the law into their own hands, arm themselves with weapons if there is someone abusing them and the court is not going to protect them. When a woman has to live in fear and try and raise her children properly, what course can she take to protect herself. My thoughts and prayers are with the Patterson family and friends. The friends of both of these victims must be in shock at this violent crime done against a young mother.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Just modifying my post. The body that was found in Shedstone area of N.B. has postively been identified as that of Sabrina Patterson and the case is being treated as a homicide. It was noted that Mr. Prosser has not been named as a suspect at this time. The investigation is ongoing and several leads have to be followed up on this case as stated by police. We will await the course of the investigation, but I know in my heart what the end story is going to be. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o :o :o :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 04:17:06 PM by capeheart »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 05:53:54 PM »
Missing N.B. woman's body identified
Sabrina Patterson a homicide victim: RCMP
Last Updated: Sunday, November 7, 2010 | 6:08 PM AT CBC News

Searchers found Sabrina Patterson's body Saturday morning. A body discovered in a wooded area near Shenstone, N.B., has been identified as missing 25-year-old Sabrina Patterson and she was a homicide victim, RCMP said Sunday.

Her body was found Saturday by a man who was searching the area for Patterson, who had been missing since Oct. 29. The man then called police, who secured the area.

Staff Sgt. Gary Cameron, the RCMP spokesman for New Brunswick, said Sunday that police and a ground search-and-rescue team remained on the scene to look for evidence

"We've had so much rain in the Moncton area today and the past few days and also perhaps freezing rain, so we need to find any evidence as quickly as possible," he said.

An autopsy is being conducted to determine the exact cause and time of death.

On Oct. 30, Patterson's car was found parked at the Riverview Mall, about a 30-minute drive from Shenstone.

RCMP had initially reported Patterson's boyfriend and the father of her two children was also missing, but Fred Prosser was found Thursday at a residence in Shenstone.

On Friday, police charged the 31-year-old with assaulting Patterson previously and breaking an order not to go near her.

RCMP said those charges related to an Oct. 9 incident and were not connected to Patterson's disappearance. RCMP have said they were still investigating whether their relationship had anything to do with Patterson's disappearance.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/11/07/nb-rcmp-id-patterson-body.html#ixzz14dxhrcnrhttp://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/11/07/nb-rcmp-id-patterson-body.html

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »
This is so sad. When are people going to just break up? Why do they have to (allegedly) kill eachother when things are not going well?

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
Oh this is so sad. I had a feeling it was her.. I hope they find out, if Fred Prosser, was involved or not.. Pisses me off, that these restraining orders are not better inforced. Most people who are given a restraining order, just get more pissed off, at the person who put it against them, and there is not enough done, to protect those who need these orders. But I guess that all just goes back, to our messed up justice system!!

RIP Sabrina.
My thoughts & prayers to her family & friends.

freespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »
This is so sad. When are people going to just break up? Why do they have to (allegedly) kill eachother when things are not going well?

because abusive men don't just break up with anyone, nor do they take break ups well........
it is truly sad that our criminal justice system does NOT protect women who have been abused....and in face often POO POO their complaints and applications for protection....

been there done that myself.....
the RCMP officer i spoke to told me i was being DRAMATIC.....

FS

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 09:35:05 PM »
This is what is so pathetic about these cases. When it is a male officer, they do not take this very seriously, assault is assault. I just don't get it, telling you that you were "dramatic". What does the officer have for the description of a body in a ditch who was abused and killed by her boyfriend or husband. Why can't these men stay away from the person, leave her be and deal with their problems in another way. All the lives that have been destroyed by this act of violence is sickening. The children will have no parents to turn to. This is so very tragic because the warnings were there and they were given, but still this woman died.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 09:36:49 PM »
I believe the police and prosecutors on this case and the judges are trying to just not give out who they really think is a suspect, because they failed to give Sabrina the protection she should have gotten after laying charges.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »
On the news this evening a Ms. Cormier, a friend of Mr. Prosser's was singing his praises, he's a good man she said, he's been a friend for a long time and making him sound like the father of the year. I feel really bad for this lady. Why is she defending him after all the assault charges against him related to Sabrina. There was a warrant out for his arrest and because it was so serious, the police should have had him in custody. I just would like to say to Ms. Cormier, everyone has their own feelings about people. I had a relative that was murdered and her husband was convicted of her murder. When all of this happened, her mother stood by him and sung his praises. It was awful for ones in the family to have to see her stand by a murderer. He made it look like an accident, but there were so many witnesses, it was a slamdunk. I truly hope that the truth comes out about this case and all the details will be known soon, but my feeling is, the writing is on the wall. I feel sorry for both families, because it is a lot of pain for everyone and it did not have to happen.

amIam

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 06:25:33 PM »
Just noticed this on the CBC web page
-----------------------------------------------------------------

A 31-year-old Moncton man accused of assaulting murder victim Sabrina Patterson had a brief court appearance on Tuesday afternoon to face a new charge.

Fred Prosser, the former boyfriend of Patterson and the father of their two children, is charged with assaulting Patterson, breaching a court order to stay away from her and theft under $5,000 for allegedly stealing Patterson's cell phone.

All of the charges relate to incidents that allegedly happened on Oct. 9. The RCMP have said they have nothing to do with Patterson's murder.

Although Tuesday's court appearance was originally to be a bail hearing on Prosser's three charges, RCMP laid a fourth charge of failing to notify police of a change of address or occupation.

Prosser was led into a packed courtroom in Moncton provincial court on Tuesday, with several rows filled with his family members and friends.

Prosser often looked at the crowed and appeared to be choked up at times.

During Prosser's brief court appearance, the defence also asked to have a search warrant from the property of Prosser's father unsealed.

Prosser will remain in custody until his next court appearance on Monday, when the judge is expected to address the application of bail as well as the search warrant.

Patterson's case unsolved
There are no suspects or charges in Patterson's case.

The 25-year-old woman disappeared on Oct. 29, after which Prosser was reported missing as well.

RCMP found him at his parents' home in Shenstone a few days later when officers went to the house to update Prosser's family members on the progress of the search.

He was arrested and held on the charges stemming from the Oct. 9 incident.

Patterson's family organized a search on Saturday and a searcher found her body in a wooded area near Shenstone.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/11/09/nb-fred-prosser-court-appearance.html

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 05:40:06 AM »
I would just like to take a second to make a few notes to members on here. Please do not take offense to anything I am saying as it is in no way meant to offend.

First off it should be noted that "pinging" a cell phone is not like you see on CSI. As you should be able to tell from my name I am involved in Ground Search and Rescue and I can tell you a few facts about it.
1. Pinging cell phones generally gives us a chunk out of a 360' circle off of the tower.
2. Cell phone companies will not set up continuous pings, which would be useful when a cell phone is off. It would get a hit when it is turned on.
3. 9/10 times the co-ordinates recieved from a cell phone 911 call are the lat and long of the tower it bounced through.

4. There is that 10th time where we do on occasion recieve exact gps co-ordinates off the phone. However it is not common and the phone has to obviously be turned on.

I would also like to comment on the posts above about women who are abused arming themselves. While yes to a degree that would "fix the problem" and save women from being abused it would not rectify the situation which you are speaking about. If women armed themselves odds are they would end up killing the abuser.... I am not saying that would make me loose sleep over  it but it would still leave us with a life lost.

As for the RCMP officer stating to one of you that you were being over dramatic... if this happened recently then I would ask that you speak with that officers superiours. No amount of abuse is acceptable be it verbal, physical or sexual.

As I mentioned aboce this post is not to offend anyone it is simply to add information about the pining comment and add my thoughts on the noted comment that women who are abused shouldarm themselves.

I would much rather see it be the abuser than the abusee which lost a life if one has to.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:09 PM »
I know that it was myself that said women are going to have to arm themselves. But if you are that afraid of someone, I would have no choice if it was me. That is purely my opinion. If you are not the person in fear, you would have no idea what is going on inside of the person's mind. This man should have been arrested, the warrant was issued. If he had have been in custody and the police had made every effort to find him, this woman would be alive now. That is what I'm getting at. If they could not find him, put his picture on TV and say there is a warrant out for his arrest, because he was violent. I thank you for explaining about the cell phone pings. Also, there is a gps system that can be in your cell phone and if that is the case, you can locate the person if they have that phone on them. I just saw recently where a woman's purse was stolen and she had her cell phone in her purse and called the number and she was able to find where her purse was. The person was arrested within a short period of time, because of the gps on her phone system. This is an extra fee that you pay for.  I can only say sir, I gather that you are a male, I am not an abused woman. I would be arming myself, if I was that afraid of an abusive person and could not get help from the police. He would be the person gone, not me. :( :( :( :( :(
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:46:49 PM by capeheart »