Author Topic: Danita Faith BIGEAGLE | Missing | Regina (February 11, 2007)  (Read 10251 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Danita Faith BIGEAGLE | Missing | Regina (February 11, 2007)
« on: April 01, 2007, 11:05:18 PM »

The Regina Police Service is requesting the public?s help in locating a 22 year-old woman, who has been missing since Sunday, February 11, 2007.

The Regina Police Service has received information that BIGEAGLE may have traveled out of the province to either Alberta or Manitoba.  Media is asked to extend this release to media affiliates in Alberta or Manitoba if possible.

On Wednesday, February 14, 2007, the Regina Police Service learned that 22 year-old Danita Faith BIGEAGLE, of Regina, had been missing since Sunday, February 11, 2007. BIGEAGLE was last seen in the 800 block of Victoria Avenue, at approximately 10:00 p.m. on February 11, 2007. Family members, concerned for her safety, reported her absence. She has not been in touch with family and all efforts to locate her have been unsuccessful.

Twenty-two year-old BIGEAGLE, DOB:1984-03-06, of Regina, is described as female, Aboriginal, approximately 5?6? tall, weighing about 110 pounds, with short, black straight hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo on the web of her left hand of a happy face and the letter ?D?. She was reported wearing a black quilted parka with a drawstring waist, a black toque, a black t-shirt, blue jeans and white shoes.

Anyone who has information that could help police locate BIGEAGLE is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 777-6500 or call Crime Stoppers at 545-TIPS or 545-8477. For the visual media, a jpeg image of BIGEAGLE is available for download at www.reginapolice.ca.

http://www.reginapolice.ca/newsroom.htm#feb22_2
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:28:49 PM by Chris »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
 8) 8) >:(

I will keep an eye out on my part of town, the warzone. Many gals have gone missing from here, and many have friends and relatives who live here.

See how having a picture helps????

DANITA: IF YOU ARE IN EDMONTON CALL HOME

May peace be with you, and your spirit stay safe.

Laura

• View Profile
Danita's mom has some tips on sitings in Winnipeg. If anyone is from there, please send her picture.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Hi Laura, welcome to the site. I am pleased that there are some tips about Danita, that means there is hope. Please keep us updated if you can. Thanks for stopping by.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Danita Faith BIGEAGLE - Missing Regina since Sunday, February 11, 2007
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 06:59:53 AM »
Danita's mom has some tips on sitings in Winnipeg. If anyone is from there, please send her picture.

Do you know how those tips turned out? Thanks Laura.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 09:46:26 AM »

Send a picture or Fax one to the Friendship Centers., and any other native organizations. The word will get out. The moccasin telegraph works fast.

I found a man, I didn't even know where he lived/phone, with in 2 hours. Made a few calls. Received a call from the Elder, within no time, and he lived outside Winnipeg. ! He didn't realize how quick, he could be found.

That child needs to be off the streets, or with who she is with. I hope and pray she is found soon. :'( :'(

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »

This is about ten months to be missing. I hope she wasn't hoodwinked, by some guy , and she is still mobile. I am so tired of all our missing gals, and now men too.

Her face feels familiar to me. Maybe she was in Edmonton for a while. I will keep a look out, but I haven't seen her in ages, if it was even her. :'(

T challa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 02:26:23 PM »
She was on a bus headed to edmonton. She was seen at the edmonton bus depot.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Danita Faith BIGEAGLE | Missing | Regina | February 11, 2007
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 06:05:42 PM »
Edmonton! Wow. If she made it to Edmonton and then disappeared this could be a project kare case. Very sad, I hope she is found and well.

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 08:37:35 AM »
I have sent her pic across Canada to many people who work the streets and there very a where of any and all new people who hit town,Lets all hope she is found safe and sound,

mauvelilac

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
Yesterday was Danita's 25th birthday according to her facebook site. Her family misses her terribly.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 07:24:54 PM »
http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20100903/39771

Family and friends searching fields west of Regina for missing Danita Big Eagle
Recent tip lead them to believe clues may be found there

Story Tools
ShareThis
Reported By Samantha Maciag
Posted September 3, 2010 - 7:17pm
The family and friends of a missing Regina woman are searching for evidence and closure this weekend.
Diane Big Eagle's daughter, Danita, was 22 years old when she went missing in 2007. Now, after a new tip came in via Facebook, family and friends directed their search at fields west of Regina.
Friday's search did turn up something, but Diane says it doesn't appear to be linked to Danita.
"We found a purse," Diane said, choking back tears."It doesn't look good for us."
She wouldn't elaborate on the purse's contents, as they plan to pass it along to police. But, she did say it contains no identification, though she's certain it's not the purse belonging to her daughter.
Friends, family and members of the Ocean Man First Nation have been searching since last weekend for any clues to Danita's disappearance. Diane says they'll continue to search each weekend, as a group, until the first snowfall.
The family is also offering $10,000 reward for information that leads to the location of Danita.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 07:28:10 PM »
I have a bad feeling this tip is from one of those stupid psychic freaks who give false hope to families.

In 2006 the AMW in house psychic told the family of Tamera Keepness this exact same thing. Field west of Regina.

I'm sure doing something feels better then doing nothing, but it sure must be heartbreaking for those folks if they come up empty handed.

By chance, I drove thru Ocean Man First Nation earlier this summer. Quite a nice place. But I have a feeling someone knows something, I am just not sure why they won't help police solve it? It always seems a lot of these cases could have been solved sooner if folks spoke up sooner.

Sue

Re: Danita Faith BIGEAGLE | Missing | Regina (February 11, 2007)
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
 :'( :'( :'My heart breaks for Diane and her family also for Danita children . Praying Danita comes
 home safe ! Stay strong Diane and keep your faith .
Hugs, Sue